Pictures of Carnival Splendor in Seattle today

c-cruise

Here are some quick pics I took of the Carnival Splendor at Terminal 91 in Seattle today. Can't recall ever seeing a Carnival ship in Seattle before, anybody know if they have called here in the past?

http://gallery.me.com/seacruise#100047

Mariner of the Seas was also here today, but I didn't have time to go down town and get pictures of her.

Hope you enjoy!

This is Carnival Splendour's first visit to Seattle. She is a brand new ship.

Just an FYI the Carnival ship that will be in Seattle is Carnival Spirit - a different class of ship.

Knew this was Splendor's first visit to Seattle (and likely last) and that Spirit is sailing out of here next year, but wasn't sure that any Carnival ship had been to Seattle before on a repositioning cruise stop. Certainly not in recent memory anyways.

You said you didn't have time to go "downtown" for pics of Mariner. So, she didn't dock at Pier 91? I was told that is where we would dock. I would rather be closer to downtown.

Mariner docked at Pier 66.

You said you didn't have time to go "downtown" for pics of Mariner. So, she didn't dock at Pier 91? I was told that is where we would dock. I would rather be closer to downtown.

Yeah, Mariner docked downtown at Pier 66 and Splendor was at the new terminal North of downtown. The two terminals aren't that far apart, maybe 2 miles, but Pier 66 is in a really congested area downtown and parking around there is a pain . Terminal 91 is in kind of a remote area without much traffic and is easy (for a local) to zip in and out of. Plus there is a couple parks right there with free parking and good places for getting pictures. I am going to try to get pictures of Mariner at 66 next week assuming they don't change her schedule back to Mexico.

Yeah, Mariner docked downtown at Pier 66 and Splendor was at the new terminal North of downtown. The two terminals aren't that far apart, maybe 2 miles, but Pier 66 is in a really congested area downtown and parking around there is a pain . Terminal 91 is in kind of a remote area without much traffic and is easy (for a local) to zip in and out of. Plus there is a couple parks right there with free parking and good places for getting pictures. I am going to try to get pictures of Mariner at 66 next week assuming they don't change her schedule back to Mexico.

They better NOT change her schedule! We are slated to set sail on her for a Pacific NW Costal cruise in 3 weeks! I just spent a small fortune & quite a few hours repurchasing cool weather clothes:eek:

RCCL has Mariner scheduled for the PNW cruises through their June 14 sailing. After that, if the CDC & WHO agree....Mariner may return back to the Mexican Riv....maybe:rolleyes:

Here are some quick pics I took of the Carnival Splendor at Terminal 91 in Seattle today. Can't recall ever seeing a Carnival ship in Seattle before, anybody know if they have called here in the past?

http://gallery.me.com/seacruise#100047

Mariner of the Seas was also here today, but I didn't have time to go down town and get pictures of her.

Hope you enjoy!

Very nice pics. Thanks! :)

Archived