Can two people share a 20 punch wine card?

Cruise Junky

I'm thinking yes, it's not like an unlimited Soda package, it's based on 20 drinks so they wouldn't mind it being shared. Can you confirm? What type of wine is it? decent?

Tx

When we were on the Noordam our traveling companions had the wine card and yes, they both could use the same card. They always had the Merlot and there were no complaints!;)

As many people as you like can share the card. The choices are Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, White Zinfandel, and "sparkling". I think the Pinot Grigio and Chardonnay are okay, and DW likes the Cab Sauv. The Merlot seems to her to vary from ship to ship.

By all means, Yes. It is good for 20 glasses of wine and they don't care if one person drinks all twenty or if twenty people drink one glass. They are all paid for.

It is very different than an unlimited soda card....which HAL had to stop offering because of the extreme abuse by some folks.

I'm thinking yes, it's not like an unlimited Soda package, it's based on 20 drinks so they wouldn't mind it being shared. Can you confirm? What type of wine is it? decent?

Tx

Yes...you can share a wine card (or for that matter any of the "per glass" drink cards). We did this on Eurodam in February with a wine card, soda card and cocktail card. The wine is "house" wine. I am by no means a wine snob so it was all good for me...but I've heard from some who have more discerning taste in wine that it is just so-so. I never had a problem with any of it.

This was just mentioned on another thread though (and I have heard mention of it before) that perhaps they are soon going to be changing the drink cards onboard. Perhaps coming up with a "universal" card that you could use for any beverages...maybe like a loaded card. I guess we'll learn more about that to come... :) :)

Yes you can share your wine card. In fact, ... funny story..., on my last cruise I was traveling with 3 other people, a couple and one single gentleman. For the first week of the cruise when they would take our wine orders they automatically punched my friend's card twice ... making the assumption that we were a couple. We had a few laughs over that.

I found most of the wines were decent. They had several varieties of both red and white and even a sparkling "champagne" that was actually quite good.

The wine card can most certainly be used by one or more. On my March Westerdam cruise, we were even able to purchasea bottle of Pinot Grigio for four punches... To be honest, the wine card makes it very easy to buy wine. On the first day both my friend and myself purchased a card thinking it would last for the whole week...sadly it barely made it through to Day 3, at which point we had to get a new one...very convenient!

I'm thinking yes, it's not like an unlimited Soda package, it's based on 20 drinks so they wouldn't mind it being shared.

Lots of people share wine, soda and cocktail cards.

Nothing wrong with it since the number of punches on the card are fixed. It's the same as someone ordering drinks for themselves and a guest, and telling the bartender to put both drinks on the card. I've done it numerous times.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Buy your wine and cocktail cards first day of cruise, we just came back from the Maasdam and they ran out of cards during the middle of a 14 day cruise. Also Cocktail cards will buy a 6.50 drink, Note: Gin and Tonic is only 4.75 so don't use the cocktail card for them and some other drinks. Check with your waiter.

We always buy the 20 glass wine card and have never had any problem sharing it.

It's a good bargain.

How much does a 20 day wine card cost? We're going to be on the Eurodam. Do prices differ, ship to ship?

This is great news since I came home from my last cruise with punches left.

One the next cruise I'll be sailing with a friend that enjoys wine so we can use one card for our wine at dinner :)

How much does a 20 day wine card cost? We're going to be on the Eurodam. Do prices differ, ship to ship?

20 glass is $67.50 + 15% service charge = $77.63

10 glass is $36.00 + 15% = $41.40

Prices are the same from ship to ship, and whether you buy it online or on the ship. I am told that that if you buy one on embarkation day before you are 12 miles out to sea that you will be charged sales tax in some states (like FL), but I can't confirm that first-hand.

This is great news since I came home from my last cruise with punches left.
They're not supposed to, but many wine stewards will let you use those unused punches from a prior cruise. Don't ask if you can, just hand it to him/her. If asked, 'fess up, but I bet you won't be asked. And I wouldn't do it on the first day either. :)

They're not supposed to, but many wine stewards will let you use those unused punches from a prior cruise. Don't ask if you can, just hand it to him/her. If asked, 'fess up, but I bet you won't be asked. And I wouldn't do it on the first day either. :)

I no longer have that card....was thinking about buying another though on the next cruise.

20 glass is $67.50 + 15% service charge = $77.63

10 glass is $36.00 + 15% = $41.40

Prices are the same from ship to ship, and whether you buy it online or on the ship. I am told that that if you buy one on embarkation day before you are 12 miles out to sea that you will be charged sales tax in some states (like FL), but I can't confirm that first-hand. :)

Wow... thanks for the info. I never heard of this; where do you purchase it on the ship? My friend will be so happy to hear about the wine card!

Maybe we'll purchase it online... gotta go check it out.

Wow... thanks for the info. I never heard of this; where do you purchase it on the ship? My friend will be so happy to hear about the wine card!

Maybe we'll purchase it online... gotta go check it out.

You can buy it onboard at any bar or in the dining room. Or for that matter, probably from any maroon-jacketed beverage steward anyplace.

I like to buy them where I use them most, in the dining room from our beverage steward at the first dinner. They don't get all of the 15% service charge individually, but I believe they do get some "credit" for selling the card.

On line, go to the HAL site, For Booked Guests section, Order Onboard Gifts. Or call ship services at 800-541-1576.

Some how we ended up with one punch left on a wine card a while back. Since there are 2 of us and we each order only 1 wine at a time, I have no idea how we ended up with one punch left.

Saved it for the next cruise -- about half way through the cruise, I just gave the Bar Server the card and he never questioned us.

Archived