Wennfreds non tipper list,now big news gone worldwide

steveaaaaa

Fred,

I bet that pic could have fetched you free cruises for a lifetime.

Maybe this will make Dateline....

And now, maybe just a "mysterious" REFUSAL TO BE BOARDED on his next Carnival cruise. :D

". . . but I'm sure all my documents are in order, sir. . . What "i" isn't dotted ? . . . What "t" isn't crossed ? . . . what's wrong with my luggage ? . . . I have know idea where THAT came from ! ! " :rolleyes:

I know I am coming in late to posting about this issue but come on...this is so wrong.

I have never opted out of paying the tips that are automatically included in my bill and we tend to give more in cash at the end on top of the auto tips. I know friends who do and the reason they do is so they can give them cash and give them more. Not everyone that opts out is trying to screw the staff. So if this type list is posted on all cruises then it would lead a staff member that a specific cabin and/or cruiser is going to not tip them. Which could make the staff member not give them the service they deserve. Dang this is a double ended spear. The crew does not know the reason why the cruiser has opted out. If they chose to treat the passenger badly or not to their normal standards then they could in essences screw themselves out of a better tip.

What makes it worse is the fact as a passenger we will never know if they stop doing this, which ships or lines do this. I will never take my tips off but still I think this stinks.

Hey, isn't that some sort of copyright infringement:confused: :p

All posts on public forums are public information. Google your screen name some time and watch what happens ! ! Many of your posts will come up. :rolleyes:

(and not always the ones you wanted to) :D

I know I am coming in late to posting about this issue but come on...this is so wrong.

I have never opted out of paying the tips that are automatically included in my bill and we tend to give more in cash at the end on top of the auto tips. I know friends who do and the reason they do is so they can give them cash and give them more. Not everyone that opts out is trying to screw the staff. So if this type list is posted on all cruises then it would lead a staff member that a specific cabin and/or cruiser is going to not tip them. Which could make the staff member not give them the service they deserve. Dang this is a double ended spear. The crew does not know the reason why the cruiser has opted out. If they chose to treat the passenger badly or not to their normal standards then they could in essences screw themselves out of a better tip.

What makes it worse is the fact as a passenger we will never know if they stop doing this, which ships or lines do this. I will never take my tips off but still I think this stinks.

Which is why Carnival and the rest should just add the gratuities to the non commissionable fares and be done with it. It's a service charge pure and simple. Why not go ahead and list it as that, charge the customer upfront and then no one has to worry about it.

What makes it worse is the fact as a passenger we will never know if they stop doing this, which ships or lines do this.

No we won't, but now the stiffers and cheapies will think twice.

Or not.

Personally, I won't have a problem, nor will this affect me. This thread and Fred's original one shows who it will, though. :D

So then you don't have it. Just one of those pull something out of the air or ones butt theories. Okay, now I get it.:rolleyes:

Gak!:eek: We have to provide citations for our posts now? :confused:

All posts on public forums are public information. Google your screen name some time and watch what happens ! ! Many of your posts will come up. :rolleyes:

(and not always the ones you wanted to) :D

Actually, it was a jab (joke), but all images are inherently copyrighted whether online or in a published document.

Here's a pretty interesting (internet:D) article discussing copyright myths.

No we won't, but now the stiffers and cheapies will think twice.

Or not.

Personally, I won't have a problem, nor will this affect me. This thread and Fred's original one shows who it will, though. :D

It means nothing........I'm sure every crew member gets a print out of the week before;)

How much would you tip the guy at the end of the pier with a bin filled with ice with the bottles of water stocked and cold?

You are NOT tipping the guy.... that was my point.

While I am on vacation, there are hundreds of things going on in the background. Many people who are NOT able to face me and get a tip directly. So a "user pays" system is put in place.... a tax of a sort, that is pooled and spread to everyone....

If you don't want the bottle of water, you don't pay the 50 cents into that pool. However.... if you do want to buy it, then you pay the 50 cents, and it is spread around to 1000 staff.

I would like to see those who stiff the waiters/service on a ship, try that at a NYC restaurant. The list tells the waiters who won't be coming to dinner on the last night.

Restaurants and resorts work on tips - they all have a "suggested amount", some put it on the bill.

There are cheap people and there are generous people.

Auto tip could be considered part of the cruise fare, but is collected at the end of the trip. You know how much it is when you book the cruise.

Or tipped in cash.........

True, but that might be a way to safeguard that the staff is pooling and not pocketing the regualr tip.

Management: "OK, Room Steward________, cabin 5155 took off their autopay."

Room Steward: "Yes! They paid me in cash! Here is the receipt. Please don't fire me!"

LOL - I can only HOPE!!!

Maybe I'll finally get the recognition I deserve.:p :rolleyes:

bbbbut I was just going to pay in cash, Mr. Hansen, honest.:o

But, Mr. Hansen, didn't you see the t-shirt with our local high school mascot on it. Now that's a tip!!!!!!!

So you're saying that it's great that Carnival calls out people who may want to tip at the end of the cruise in cash in place of putting it on their S&S card? Do those guests deserve to receive crappy service throughout their cruise because they choose to tip a different way or be singled out like they have the plague? Totally ridiculous.

So your assuming that the crew will give crappy service instead of good service trying to get a tip. How would you know how they will react. I think everyone deserves good service. From a business stand point the company "Carnival" doesn't print the list out to get the staff to do poor customer service and increase customer dissatisfaction that is "Totally ridiculous". The only way "Carnival" can benefit from this is to use it as a tool to find out why some people are not tipping. Is it from certain staff is there a pattern there? Do they need more training or logistic issues that the company needs to address or is it an attitude issue with specific crew? I know "Carnival" is a business to make money. They understand that keeping crew and guest happy in the long run is profitable. So for them to print a list of guest during the cruise so that the crew can give them "crappy service" does not make sense.

This thread has become very interesting. People ARE NOT commenting on the original subject. Everyone is now arguing voer Copyright of Internet postings. God, is everyone trying to play Captain Lawyer or something.

I guess when you cant argue intelligently the original issue, you try to divert it away with Petty childish BS like did someone have COPYRIGHT permission to post something.

BTW, the only avenue for copyright infringement is FEDERAL COURT. And that will require Ten's of thousands of $$$$.

Pardon us for stepping on your toes, sir/madam. Where is the "walking on eggshells" icon? We wouldn't want to disturb anyone from reading about the ORIGINAL subject of the thread which was... oh yeah.... WinnFred's photograph and thread subject being ripped off and published elsewhere.

I'm laughing myself silly with this one, I will bet Fred will be too when he reads it.

When you post a picture on a PUBLIC forum, I think it's up for grabs, I'm not a lawyer but common sense tells you, it's a public forum???Helllllllllo

It's like leaving the chocolate down in the lobby at a hotel, the guest WILL partake..........;):p

Carole

Gak!:eek: We have to provide citations for our posts now? :confused:

Actually, it was a jab (joke), but all images are inherently copyrighted whether online or in a published document.

Here's a pretty interesting (internet:D) article discussing copyright myths.

I didn't know that. :eek: Thanks, Thirsty . . . article is interesting also.

I'm laughing myself silly with this one, I will bet Fred will be too when he reads it.

When you post a picture on a PUBLIC forum, I think it's up for grabs, I'm not a lawyer but common sense tells you, it's a public forum???Helllllllllo

It's like leaving the chocolate down in the lobby at a hotel, the guest WILL partake..........;):p

Carole

LOL It was a casual discussion. Nothing more, nothing less. On a privately-owned forum to which the general public has access. LOL

Where is this chocolate you speak of? Is it individually wrapped or has everybody else touched it all by now? :D

True, but that might be a way to safeguard that the staff is pooling and not pocketing the regualr tip.

Management: "OK, Room Steward________, cabin 5155 took off their autopay."

Room Steward: "Yes! They paid me in cash! Here is the receipt. Please don't fire me!"

And to continue the conversation...

Management: Thank you for telling me. Now give me the exact amount you received for the tip pool or you will be fired.

Uhm one question, if they tipped in cash where would the receipt come in?

One note: People seem to forget about the comment cards. A crew member who wants to keep his/her job or get perks or be promoted will provide good service regardless of whether the auto tip is in place or removed. The comment cards are just as important to the crew members career as the tips are to provide for their families.

LOL It was a casual discussion. Nothing more, nothing less. On a privately-owned forum to which the general public has access. LOL

Where is this chocolate you speak of? Is it individually wrapped or has everybody else touched it all by now? :D

You know I'm pretty sure all the workers ate it in revenge for getting stiffed :D:p

And to continue the conversation...

Management: Thank you for telling me. Now give me the exact amount you received for the tip pool or you will be fired.

Uhm one question, if they tipped in cash where would the receipt come in?

One note: People seem to forget about the comment cards. A crew member who wants to keep his/her job or get perks or be promoted will provide good service regardless of whether the auto tip is in place or removed. The comment cards are just as important to the crew members career as the tips are to provide for their families.

That totally makes sense, I agree the comment cards are very important to the crew members

Archived