Wennfreds non tipper list,now big news gone worldwide

steveaaaaa

That was probably the list from the cruise before.

Carnival stated that they let the crew know about this information, but it is after they are no longer servicing these guests....which makes sense.

This list on the Splendor was probably some of the 500 people who got off in Long Beach. (especially since most of them would have been removing the tips they were not going to be using...since they were leaving the ship)

I believe this to be true! Even Fred would have no idea if the list was not from a previous cruise.......unless of course he recognized someone's name that was on his current cruise;)

If it was from the current cruise they would have to be updating constantly which I find hard to believe..........

Okay - so now we need a CC cruising spy - someone to get on a galley tour - snap a pic of the list and then try to find out if the 'listed' names of these people are currently on board!!!

I agree that it may have been an 'old' list as it would have to be revised several times throughout the cruise and distributed over again as people may be deleting tips towards the end of the cruise? In fact it just means that those who want to remove their tips should do so on the last day possible - in which case they will not appear on the list until the cruise is almost over??? what nonsense!

• Administrators
Read that again. If CC was asked permission by Daily Mail to use it, CC has the rights to distribute it without Fred's permission.

Just for the record; we were not asked for permission by the Daily Mail to use it. And, if we were, our policy would be to direct the request to the member (in this case, Wennfred).

Laura

By CC, I was referring to Cruise Critic -- and this would be exactly the kind of publicity that would work out well for them. Many future cruisers who have previously never heard of Cruise Critic might read this article and wonder what other kind of inside info can they find out here and wander over to take a look. Anything with a bit of controversy would probably draw a small crowd.

I got that, but it would certainly apply to Carnival too, lol. I was just saying that I doubt CC would want to publicize any tipping thread. (Throw in jeans, kids, smoking to the list while you're at it).:D

My other point still stands: there is no mention of which sailing the non-tippers were on. Might be far-fetched, but what if this is a report that lags by a week? Just throwing that out there.

They should not know. I am glad that Carnival got embarrassed over this, maybe they will change their policy regarding circulating that list now. Just because a person does not do the Auto tipping does not mean that he is not tipping those that deserve it the most.

It is big.

When they allow the crew to get screwed by non tippers yet they can fix it by simply including it in the fare,they have egg on their face now.

I would think the only ones that have egg on their face have been those that have been saying no such list exists.

KUDOS to Carnival!

Great point. It is quite possible. I admit while I wouldnt know the names of passengers' date=' past or present, I just know I saw a similar type of list. It could have been from the previous week.

I just didnt think much of it then.[/quote']

Carnival keeps a cruise history of everyone who has cruised with them. Who knows, maybe if you remove tips its part of your history and follows you on your next cruise to let the crew know who has removed tips in the past.

Carnival keeps a cruise history of everyone who has cruised with them. Who knows, maybe if you remove tips its part of your history and follows you on your next cruise to let the crew know who has removed tips in the past.

LMAO!!! You people crack me up:D

They should not know. I am glad that Carnival got embarrassed over this, maybe they will change their policy regarding circulating that list now. Just because a person does not do the Auto tipping does not mean that he is not tipping those that deserve it the most.

and how would one know who deserves it the most since you never see or interact with everyone that contributes to the service you receive?

:confused:

Fred,

I bet that pic could have fetched you free cruises for a lifetime.

Maybe this will make Dateline....

Whoa!!!!

Never say to anyone that they might be on Dateline!!

:eek:

13justice.xlarge1.jpg

Fred,

I bet that pic could have fetched you free cruises for a lifetime.

Maybe this will make Dateline....

Chris Hansen: "Fred, why don't you have a seat over there..."

That is hilarious. more hilarious that they say it is NOT the policy to do it, YET there is a photo of an email directly from the payment department to the services departments. Basically showing it is the policy to do it and it is posted.

So I guess all the other things posted are not policy either.

Okay - so now we need a CC cruising spy - someone to get on a galley tour - snap a pic of the list and then try to find out if the 'listed' names of these people are currently on board!!!

Steveaaaaa should be tasked with that. He should take the galley tour, and look for his name.

(DISCLAIMER: I don't know that he actually does that or not)

I have said it before and I will say it again......Carnival needs to rethink whoever it is that manages...runs.....oversees.....whatever you want to call it.......the Splendor.

First, the South American cruise issues....illness...pax not aware of the Barazilian visa requirements.....the swine cruise (that should have stayed in at sea in warm vs. SF weather) and now the posting of the non tipper list.

Who says that those folks were not going to tip? Maybe just in cash instead. That list was meant for the food prep staff of course because, and don't kid yourself, the portion of the auto tip that goes to the waiters must be shared with the cooks etc. So now the kitchen staff knows who removed auto tips....they will then go to that waiter at the end of the cruise and say where is my part....and if that waiter doesn't cough something up......that waiter does not get his dishes....warm....well made...etc. for the next cruise.

Answers the question as to why some pax get great service from their wait staff and others don't. And it affects the next cruise, not the current cruise, btw.

Just think it over and try to figure out why in the world that list would ever even be shared with the kitchen staff or why that list would have ever been produced in the first place!!!!!

At first, I thought Fred was wrong to post it...only because I thought CC would be angry at him......but now I say Kudos to Fredd for posting........Fred is the GURU of CC............................

...and they also probably know who was on the "Grassy Knoll" in Dallas that day. ;)

They should include the list in the capers and not just post it in crew areas.

Rumor has it that the list will be shown on the outdoor movie screen during the day.

Archived