Finally got my book "Cruise Confidential"

tammi0916

On Monday I went online and found a local Borders who had a copy. Tuesday I flew to Austin, Texas and back and was able to finish the book. What a fun read, but I will look at the crew differently now. ;)

and I think she will be passing it to other CC posters. I put my name, hometown and cruise info in the cover of the book.

It is an Awesome book and definitely deserved the Humor award! Congratulations!

Happy Cruisin' to all!:D

:eek:<<<<<I have been wanting to use this smile for a while, but haven't written anything appropriate! It makes me laugh evertime I see someone use it! It cracks me up! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I love to read. After reading all about this book, I just have to have a copy. We looked all over town today. No copies to be had. Barnes & Noble even said it was out of print and they can't order it. I don't want to wait indefinitely for a copy from Amazon. Does anyone know where I can get a copy now? I couldn't find What time is the Midnight Buffet either. HELP! It's ya'll fault I have to have this book.:eek:

ladysail2--I will be sending you a e-mail soon to get your address to send you the book. You were the first one to post that you wanted it. Their are others on this site who would like to read it also, so if you can pass it on to someone else on Cruise Critic, that would be great. I wonder where this book could travel to? I am going to posted a note in the book, like Tammi did. Keep it moving and enjoy!!! kmbb

Good Morning cruiser's, & cruisette's! I have also read the preview, and I would like this book. I spent 3 hours yesterday afternoon, calling and going from store to store. No one has it in stock anywhere near where I live. My email is arthierry@gt.rr.com. If anyone who has read the book, and would like to pass it on, please send it my way. I'll be sure to pass it along once I'm through with it. Thanks in advanced!

Chaylat--this book must be really popluar, I can't believe that you can not get it in La somewhere. I just send Tammi's copy to ladysail in Canada. Maybe she will post after she reads it and you can get that copy. It will be awhile through. Post office told me 5 to 10 days to get it to her.

I'll be coming out your way in October, a friends daughter has been accepted to a college there and we have to check out housing for her.

Good luck getting the book, maybe we should have started taking bids for it--Ha Ha, kmbb

Chaylat--this book must be really popluar, I can't believe that you can not get it in La somewhere. I just send Tammi's copy to ladysail in Canada. Maybe she will post after she reads it and you can get that copy. It will be awhile through. Post office told me 5 to 10 days to get it to her.

I'll be coming out your way in October, a friends daughter has been accepted to a college there and we have to check out housing for her.

Good luck getting the book, maybe we should have started taking bids for it--Ha Ha, kmbb

Thank you, KMBB, I look forward to receiving it...how did you get my address? I will pass the book on to whomever wants it after me....

Don't worry, I'm used to waiting for parcels from the US...anything good, is worth waiting for!!!!

Joyce

I love to read. After reading all about this book, I just have to have a copy. We looked all over town today. No copies to be had. Barnes & Noble even said it was out of print and they can't order it. I don't want to wait indefinitely for a copy from Amazon. Does anyone know where I can get a copy now? I couldn't find What time is the Midnight Buffet either. HELP! It's ya'll fault I have to have this book.:eek:

Not to worry! The publisher has already baked up another batch of books. The demand had completely swamped them (a wonderful thing... at first) and even mighty Amazon sold out. The books should be distributed in another week or so, mid Junish, I believe. Holy Cat, you guys are all amazing!

So Brian, are you writing about book? I found your book interesting, just to see how hard people work is amazing. I would not have been able to hang in there like you did. Great for you, crazy, stupid Amercian, and all for a girl. Would you do it all again? Have a good day. kmbb

Hi Brian,

I would love to meet some of the crew members in your book. Do they still work in the cruise industry?

An excellent question! I only know of one good friend who still works at sea, and still in the restaurants, amazingly. Some, oh, two dozen or so folks I worked with in the past have moved back to land, those who I still keep in contact with. The Other Sexy Bitch, for example, is now living in the States with his American wife and a pit bull.

So Brian, are you writing about book? I found your book interesting, just to see how hard people work is amazing. I would not have been able to hang in there like you did. Great for you, crazy, stupid Amercian, and all for a girl. Would you do it all again? Have a good day. kmbb

Aren't women always the best reason to do anything?

Brian,

I just picked up your book Friday and finished it Friday night. Now my wife is almost done with it. We both really enjoyed your book. It really gives an interesting perspective on cruising.

Is there another cruise book in the works? Perhaps related to the art industry...

OMG :eek: Just went on Amazon and it's selling used for $36-55 plus shipping.......and no our library in the mighty O-town doesn't have it - anywhere. Guess I'm gonna have to wait a bit for the next batch to come out of the oven!

Looking forward to it Brian!

(never doubt the power of the CC)

Hey Brian if you are still around I just want to tell you how I used your book to shut up my BIL when we were on our cruise on the Valor two weeks ago. He was all gripping about how "nice it would be to take a 6 month vacation and work on a cruise ship" and I promptly showed him your book and said "If you feel that it would be a vacation, then read this!!". I am so glad that I read it and I definitely made sure to be more aware of just how hard working all the staff are on the cruise ships. I even talked with my dining room waiter about his contract and other stuff and he was quite surprised I knew what it was!! I think he appreciated that I didn't just think he was some slave from a foreign country coming here to serve ME!! Can't wait for the sequel and congratulations on winning those awards!! :D:D

I guess I got lucky w/ a library copy (not that I wouldn't love to own one)! After skimming this thread I picked it up for reading on my cruise that departs in 1 wk. Unfortunately, I sneaked a peak and ended up finishing it in 2 days :rolleyes: Time for the sequal Mr Brian!!

Seriously, I don't read much and when I do it usually has to be light and easy or it looses my attention. Found this to be a wonderfully informative and easy read! Oh, and now I know better than to try and order 2 of anything in the dining room ;)

Archived