RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

What did you tip for each driver and guide in all the Ports (RIL)?

When the cruise ship arrives at 8 am what would you suggest as a pick up time for RIL?

At anytime were you worried about making it back to the ship in time?

Did you have time for a lunch in all the ports visited through RIL?

Were you able to use your credit card for anything at any of these ports?

Thank you so much for answering all my questions

All of those questions have been answered many times on this thread.

Your credit card should be fine in most locations in the touristy areas. Some small stores in out of the way places, maybe not. Make sure your card company knows you are in Europe. I am now in Europe, been here 3 weeks, have probably done 50 charges. Two rejected.

Rome in Limo will get you back in time. That type of quality is why they have 1700+ positive posts here.

Yes you will have time for lunch.

Just tell Rome in Limo what ship you are on. Your time with them doesn't start until you are sitting in their car.

Edited by CruiserBruce

We just returned from the Med. last week. We used RIL three times and would have used them more if they were available in other ports! Prompt pick up at the port and on time service returning to the ship. We had Raffelle in Positano, Pompeii and Winetasting at the foot of Mt. Vesuvius. What a wonderful day! In Rome, Nick got us to EVERY sight. Gave us a phone to call when everyone was out of the Vatican. Meet us promptly for every stop. Couldn't ask for anything more! Riccardo in Florence and Pisa. Found out there is more to Pisa than just a leaning tower. Even squeezed in a stop at the end for gelato as we were running late because we had to tender and had a late start!( Not RIL fault) Wonderful knowledgeable drivers who made our trip to Italy even BETTER!!!

All of those questions have been answered many times on this thread.

Your credit card should be fine in most locations in the touristy areas. Some small stores in out of the way places, maybe not. Make sure your card company knows you are in Europe. I am now in Europe, been here 3 weeks, have probably done 50 charges. Two rejected.

Rome in Limo will get you back in time. That type of quality is why they have 1700+ positive posts here.

Yes you will have time for lunch.

Just tell Rome in Limo what ship you are on. Your time with them doesn't start until you are sitting in their car.

Thank you---enjoy the rest of your trip

Just returned from our Med. cruise and used RIL for the ports of Livorno, Rome and Salerno.

Livorno - Giovanni took our group of 8 to the hill towns in Tuscany of Bolgheri, Volterra and San Ginignano. He was wonderful and let us stop to walk around, take pictures and just enjoy our lovely surroundings. The best part of the RIL tour is that you can customize it and change it along the way! We loved our day touring the magnificient countryside and had a delicious lunch in San Gimignano at Ristorante Bel Soggiano with a great view. Don't miss the gelato in SG at Gelateria Dondoli -it was the best we ate in Italy!

Rome -Nick picked us up at the port of Civitavecchia and we headed to Rome for the day. He showed us all the highlights of the city and some unexpected surprises, too. We had all (8 in our group) purchased our tix to the Colisseum online prior to the cruise and that saved a lot f time. Nick took us to a small, local restaurant, Osteria Dei Ponteficat. Our meal was served family style and the food and wine were great!

Salerno - Ths was my favorite day! Carmine took us first to tour Pompeii as we had requested, where we met our tour guide, Giuseppe Galano, for this historical site. Be prepared to walk on uneven stones, but the tour was very informative and rich in history. We then headed to Sorrento where we stopped to walk around the town. Carmine asked us not to indulge in the food there, because he had a wonderful lunch planned at a "farm" in Positano. After leaving Sorrento, we drove along the Amalfi coast and oohed and aahed over the spectacular views! We stopped in Positano to take more pictures and then headed up the mountainside to our lunch destination, Fattoria La Tagliata. Everything is organically grown on the three tiers of this farm/restaurant. Everything we ate and drank was so fresh and delicious! As we headed down the mountain, Carmine popped in a CD and we all started singing Volare! What a day!

Bottom line - RIL was wonderful!:D

We had the best day on our whole trip with our guide Vinny from RomeinLimo. We met Vinny at the Livorno port. We had chosen to go to Tuscany with a stop in Volterra, San Gimmigiano and a wine tour. We had the best day driving through the gorgeous Tuscany region. Vinny was so nice and so informative about the areas history. My kids 19 and 23 were even engaged in listening. We had a delicious lunch and wine tasting at the place Vinny took us to. The town of Volterra was so cool because it looked like it did in the middle ages. San Gimmiagiano was neat too, but a little more commercial. We stopped to take gorgeous pictures in the countryside of Tuscany. It is a day we will always remember. At the end of the trip we all hugged Vinny goodby. We felt like he was a member of our family. We joked around that we didn't want to get back on the boat, because we had such a great day. He said he was cooking pasta for his family and believe me, we wish we could have gone home with him!

Just returned from 12 days Serenade of the Seas out of Barcelona. Excellent trip!! Used Rome in Limo for 3 ports, Florence Rome and Naples. Florence was Laura, who was good and very accommodating. The other drivers were Salvadore and Raffaelle who were both excellent. I would use RIL again in a heartbeat. It was sooo easy. Off the ship early for our time and they are already there with a sign with my name. We had set tours and made some adjustments along the way. It's hard to say who was our favorite but either Salvadore or Raffaelle get our votes. All drivers are from the city you are visiting. In Rome there were 3 big events occurring that shut down the inner roads of the city. No problem, because Salvadore knew all the side streets and took us to all the set places and extra sites. He made it seem like a breeze, which we knew it wasn't. Others on our cruise arrived late for departure and missed some sights from other tours due to the events. The restaurants were excellent, especially in Rome. I still dream about the pasta, bruschetta and wine. Ahhh. Excellent, excellent company.

It was Sunday in Rome so we didn't need a guide for the Vatican. In Naples we had a guide for Pompeii, which is definitely worth it! Also saw Sorrento and Positano. In Florence we mainly stayed in Florence and skipped Pisa. Fee is definitely worth it. Yes. we also tipped as we thought they went above and beyond. Only comment is use Rick Steves for his walking tour commentaries for the churches and sites. I forgot to bring mind and missed the extra information. They drive you and explain history along the way but not in the sights.

Wow! From start to finish RomeIn Limo was outstanding last week for us in Rome and Naples. We were a party of 8 and Nick in Rome and Nicos in Naples were prompt, attentive, and enthusiastic guides. It was obvious they love their jobs and went out of their way to secure our comfort and safety. It was a pleasure working with Jany to arrange our tours. It is always great to receive such wonderful customer service. I highly recommend this company.

Hello, I will have a full day in Livorno this August. Half of my party of 8 have already done Florence so I was looking at the Rome in Limo Florence and San Gimignano Tour which I hope would provide a taste of Florence for those who haven't been and provide something new (San Gimingnano) for those who have. Has anyone done this tour? Is it too rushed?

We have just returned from our Eastern Med cruise on Solstice. As we were a party of eight we decided to take a private guided tour of this area, RomeinLimo did a wonderful job and delivered a fantastic day. Special thanks to our driver/guide Giovanni who was informative,flexible with a hint of humour. After ascertaining what our priorities were he suggested an altered itinerary which allowed to visit all the sights but allowed for plenty of photo opportunities, time at each place i.e. Positina, lunch in Ravello and organised a tour guide at Pompei.

The recommended guide was greatly appreciated as we were given an excellent tour with in depth information that we would have missed out on if we had taken ourselves around the Pompei site.

A wonderful day thanks to efficient and professional service provided by Giovanni in a friendly manner.

Many thanks from all eight of the West party.

Vacations are suppose to be stress free and Rome in Limo proved to be excellent safe and efficient and worry free for pre and post cruise arrangements and tours on mother daughter first time trip. Vincenzo was our driver for Rome by Night & Rome in a Day tour and expertly facilitated our bypassing lines and seeing and doing more then most people can see in a week. They went above and beyond and well worth every euro and deserving of extra tips.

We've now used RomeinLimo on two separate trips to Italy; first in Rome and Naples, and just last month again in Rome. We were departing on a cruise from Rome, and wanted to see some of the highlights in a customized tour.

Jany did a wonderful job booking for us, and Francesco was warm, engaging, friendly and knowledgeable- the tour was just great! We were picked up at the airport and Francesco made great suggestions for customizing our tour. I particularly appreciate how Romeinlimo's drivers have an uncanny ability to deliver you very close to the attraction you want to see, in a very large city crowded with traffic on narrow little streets!

So, again, we had a wonderful time in Rome, with RomeinLimo..

I am looking forward to our Livorno RIL tour, but as a couple, the hardest part about arranging RIL and like tours, is getting others to join us on these so slow roll calls. Slow for Liberty of the Seas anyway, and I am thinking maybe the same for other ships? Epic is in Rome on the same day as us. (25th July)

We have just returned from a wonderful Mediterannean Cruise on the Celebrity Solstice. We used romeinlimo.com for three of our stops; Rome, Florence, and Naples. We have nothing but high praise for our three different drivers. We had Franco in Rome (plus booked a separate guide for Vatican), Americo in Naples (plus a separate guide for Pompeii), and John for Florence and Pisa. The drivers do not go into the sites like the Vatican or Pompeii, so if you want any info in those places you should hire a separate guide. Rome in Limo took care of that for us and helped us get tickets ahead of time so we could avoid the LONG lines at those places.

We traveled in groups of 8 - a different group in each place. There was a mix-up in Civitevecchia (Rome and Vatican) and the company sent a vehicle for 6, rather than 8. As soon as the mistake was discovered, romeinlimo paid to rush the last couple to Rome to meet us at the Vatican. They changed the size of the vehicle and gave us a new driver and paid for our lunch, to make up for their error. I would definitely recommend Rome in Limo!!

All three drivers were great, very considerate, fun to be with, and made us feel special.

Hello, I will have a full day in Livorno this August. Half of my party of 8 have already done Florence so I was looking at the Rome in Limo Florence and San Gimignano Tour which I hope would provide a taste of Florence for those who haven't been and provide something new (San Gimingnano) for those who have. Has anyone done this tour? Is it too rushed?

We will be doing this in August.

We took our first med cruise last November and used RIL 3 x. They were excellent, I mean EXCELLENT. The quality of the commententary, the arrangement of the day, the drop off right at the sites-all great, but also very polite during tough circumstances...we had a couple in our group that was late getting there in the morning (15 min), late returning from some of the points. It was frustrating to the rest of us and I'm sure to our guide, but he was poised and polite at all times. (eventually, one of our group took the late couple aside and said "it's everybody's vacation, please observe the timetable".)

We are headed back to the Med this November and I've already contacted Jany for trips AND transport from FCO to the cruise terminal. I wish RIL was in every port!

Edited by foxontherun

We are back from our Med cruise and it was truly spectacular. This year I sailed with 16 of my buddies. Most of us met on previous cruises and have traveled together ever since... others were family or friends. We had SUCH a fun group! Sorry to those that we chased out of the Sunset Bar with our funnery.

We toured from Catania, Naples and Civitavecchia with Romeinlimo. This was my 5th or 6th year touring with them and it was so fantastic! From Catania we toured Castelmola and Taormina (so adorable!) from Naples we toured Ravello, Amalfi and Herculaneum and from Civitavecchia we did something different this year and went to Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoregio. These were such incredible days! If you've been to Rome on several occasions and you are looking for something a bit different, I HIGHLY suggest these two hill towns. They are SO SO adorable!

Here are some photos from our days with Romeinlimo. (will post in two posts since they only let me post 6 photos at a time) I can't wait to go again!

DSC03297.jpg

The view as we drove to Taormina

DSC03300.jpg

Two of our fun guides for the day in Catania

DSC03310.jpg

Some of my besties!

DSC03317.jpg

Adorable Castelmola

DSC03336.jpg

The view of Sorrento - One of my favorite places!

DSC03340.jpg

Raffaele and I - the most adorable creature!

And more photos show...

DSC03344.jpg

The view in Amalfi - Such a beautiful place!

DSC03378.jpg

The view from Ravello

DSC03384.jpg

A great view of Mt. Vesuvius and how large it used to be.

DSC03423.jpg

The view of Orvieto in the distance - What an adorable place!

DSC03430.jpg

The climb up to Civita di Bagnoregio

DSC03451.jpg

The view inside the town of Bagnoregio - SO cute!

Rome tour

Mauro, our driver from Romeinlimo was right on time on a rainy, cool morning in Civitavecchia, Italy. I had gotten tickets for the Vatican for the afternoon and was instructed to remind Mauro so he could reverse the tour which he had no trouble doing. We were taken to the normal tourist sites in the morning, including the stops at the National Monument of Vittorio Emanuele II in Piazza Venezia and the Coliseum. Having Mauro helped tremendously at the Coliseum where he helped us cross the busy street, got the tickets exchanged for our voucher, and got us right into the place. Mauro stopped several more times then asked us what kind of lunch we had in mind. The six of us agreed we wanted pizza and wine so we stopped at Mike and Johnny’s for the eats. Mauro seemed to know to get us there just ahead of the lunch time crowd and we enjoyed ourselves. ‘

The Vatican was the big attraction in the afternoon and we all looked forward to seeing everything. This is where Mauro was at his best. He fully explained the plan and gave one of us his telephones for contacting him when exiting the holy city. Again, we were pleased with the lucky decision of using a private tour and Mauro demonstrated why. As Mauro led us through the crowd at the entrance with our voucher in hand to exchange for tickets, that alone helped. Mauro had us wait as he got the tickets. He soon came back and told me there was a problem that the voucher I had, was cancelled. It was true that I had cancelled my first attempt at getting Vatican tickets because the voucher was never sent to me, but I was unaware that the second, successful voucher was also cancelled. Mauro helped try to explain, then helped get us immediate new tickets. This allowed us less then a five minute delay getting started on our Vatican tour. The tour was great and informative, but there are so many other people, it seemed like thousands, that also wanted to see the same things as we did. The Sistine Chapel was awe inspiring but there was very little time to admire Michelangelo's work on the ceiling as the crowds would just push us along. Everything went well inside, we had Mauro’s map and with all of us helping read it, we made our way through. We finally had a little less crowded situation in the St. Peter Basilica so we had time to admire everything. When we got outside, we made the phone call to Mauro and found him at the van.

We spent less then the allotted time at the Vatican so Mauro drove by an overlook so we could take a couple of scenic pictures of the city before making the drive back to the ship.

Again, the price of using a private tour paid off for us that day and we rewarded Mauro well with a nice tip as we said our goodbyes at the entrance to our ship. We could tell that Mauro was one of the most experierenced tour guides available for Rome and we were truly thankful that we got him.

Edited by tstalk95

We used Romeinalimo for the first time! I will use cruise critic and romeinalimo always! Vinny in Florence was so patience and knew answers to all our questions. The vehicles are very comfortable and spacious! When finished with your day you feel like you really made a new friend! Each driver was a bit different. In Naples, we enjoyed how the driver got us singing, and he had water and snacks. In Florence, Vinny took us to a great local place to eat and very reasonable. He also used his people that he knew to cut us in lines to get to see David. I can't say enough about how happy I am!

We used RomeInLimo for Florence/Pisa, Rome, Pompeii/Sorrento/Positano and could not have asked for better service. They were prompt, knowledgeable, friendly and took us to special local places where there were no tour buses. Their recommendations for specialized guides in the Vatican and at Pompeii were spot on. Our guide in the Vatican, Fredericka, had studied art history for five years and made the most of our short time there. Ditto for the archaeologist who guided us through Pompeii.

It took some courage to trust a far-away stranger in a place we had never been to with our credit card number, but Jany at RIL promptly responded to our email, reassured us and took good care of us. We made a leap of faith when we organized tours without a group already in hand but with the help of Cruise Critic and RIL's tour sharing sign-up site, it all worked out and we made new friends.

It also took some courage for driver Tony to hand out the lyrics to "That's Amore," turn on the music on the road to Sorrento and invite our motley American chorus to serenade him. We did, but we were not Dean Martin. We've returned from our Grand Mediterranean Princess Cruise. Thanks Elizabeth, Marco, Tony and RIL for making it special.

We just returned from our second mediterranean cruise to Italy and France. We used Rome in Limo last year and again this year because they are fantastic! All three of our guides Rafaelle, Salvatore and Fabrizio were wonderful guides. Rafaelle showed us around the Amalfi Coast. He was personable and generous and made sure we were well taken care of in every way. If you go to The Amalfi Coast be sure to ask for Rafaelle. In Rome our guide was Salvatore. He was very knowledgable about the area and arranged a tour guide for the Vatican. She was an amazing tour guide. In Florence we had the joy of having Fabrizio as our guide. What a delightful person. He made our day so much fun. If you travel to Italy be sure you book some tours with Rome in Limo. You will be glad you did.

Used this company after my cruise landed in Civitevecchia...great service, on time, clean cars and very good driver. I will use this company again, and recommend it to any Cruise Critic member...They were great:)