any news/rumors about Elation summer 2010

Anybody hear anything about where the Elation will be in summer 2010.

I keep checking but can't find anything. It looks like the only CCL ship that hasn't posted itineraries for summer 2010.

Bill

I too have been wandering this. I was thinking of booking something for the end of May and can't find out what is going on. Maybe its going in for a drydock or something. Anyone got any info.

I'm thinking the end of April the ship will be sailing to Bermuda and be lost in the triangle.:eek:

I wonder why with only about 11 months to go until the last sailing on Elation that itineraries or bookings have not opened up.

Highly unusual.:confused:

Bill

Rumor has it they are considering moving the Elation to a new home port, possibly San Francisco and moving another CCL ship to home port San Diego to compete with the RCCL Radience of the Seas which is rumored to also be considering home porting in SD after it was pulled from the South America itinerary.

This comes from my TA, but that's the main reason you can't find itineraries is because no one knows for sure what is going to happen. Remember, this is all speculation, not fact.

If you look at oct. Spirit is doing 4 and 5 day cruises. There is nothing for Elation for 2010 after Apr. The plot thickens:D

The Spirit is doing it's regular 8-day MR and then Hawaii and then Alaska as usual after those 4 shorter cruises in Oct 2010, so doesn't look that strange, probably fill-ins for some scheduling problem. Now the Elation is a different story.....

The Spirit is doing it's regular 8-day MR and then Hawaii and then Alaska as usual after those 4 shorter cruises in Oct 2010, so doesn't look that strange, probably fill-ins for some scheduling problem. Now the Elation is a different story.....

I was trying to get a conspiracy going.:p:D

Why, it's the same ship as the Ecstasy?

Being in San Diego, we haven't heard anything on it yet either. I can see the move to San Fran as a possibility. Still wish they would go to Hawaii to compete with NCL.

I know the Radiance is scheduled for San Diego from Oct-May 2010. Nothing beyond that yet.

Being in San Diego, we haven't heard anything on it yet either. I can see the move to San Fran as a possibility. Still wish they would go to Hawaii to compete with NCL.

I know the Radiance is scheduled for San Diego from Oct-May 2010. Nothing beyond that yet.

Radiance is doing a 15 night Eastern Panama Canal Cruise from SD to Tampa in September 2010 and then will be doing cruises RT from Tampa October 2010 to April 2011.

Did the Elation get the whole "Evolutions of Fun" treatment in her recent dry dock? If not, that's your answer right there.

Why is that the answer? Wouldn't there just be a gap in the scheduling?

Like last cruise April 30th 2010, then no cruise scheduled until May 22?

Once the April 30th cruise is over there is nothing else scheduled.

Bill

okay, not the full answer...I think that explains, though, why there isn't anything AFTER that date...she is probably going in for the Evo treatment, and they will program her when they have those dates firmed up...

None of the mass market cruise lines can compete with NCL in Hawaii, it wouldn't follow the rules of the Jones Act requiring each cruise to visit a foreign port. The NCL ship in Hawaii has lost of U.S. employees and is registered in the U.S., so is different.

I'm just going to jump in here so that I can know what is going on as well with the Elation. I will be sailing on her this coming September but my mom and sister want to do another cruise in May 2010 as well. :o

None of the mass market cruise lines can compete with NCL in Hawaii, it wouldn't follow the rules of the Jones Act requiring each cruise to visit a foreign port. The NCL ship in Hawaii has lost of U.S. employees and is registered in the U.S., so is different.

I am sure if Carnival thought there was a profit to be had in Hawaii, they would do the same thing NCL did in creating NCLA (buy a couple Senators and a Governor), and create Carnival America. Since NCLA has pulled most of it's capacity OUT of Hawaii, it's obviously not a viable business proposition.

I too have been wandering this. I was thinking of booking something for the end of May and can't find out what is going on. Maybe its going in for a drydock or something. Anyone got any info.

I hope it's going in for drydock and refurb. Someone who just got off said it was filthy and run down--upholstery and carpets both. I sailed on her when she was new, so I hope they clean her up. It was so bad she put a napkin on her chair in the MDR to sit on, as the chair looked so bad.

I am sure if Carnival thought there was a profit to be had in Hawaii, they would do the same thing NCL did in creating NCLA (buy a couple Senators and a Governor), and create Carnival America. Since NCLA has pulled most of it's capacity OUT of Hawaii, it's obviously not a viable business proposition.

where would they get the American hulled ship?

Bill

Wow~~~I hadn't heard anything about this. We're booked on an April 2010 5 dayer to Cabo.

We chose that one because we get 2 days in Cabo instead of 1 in Ensenada and 1 in Cabo.

Elation is an easy get-away for us here in SD. We need at least ONE ship to do the short runs. We've been to Catalina so many times. We love the short Cabo runs.

Pat

Anybody hear anything about where the Elation will be in summer 2010.

I keep checking but can't find anything. It looks like the only CCL ship that hasn't posted itineraries for summer 2010.

Bill

I checked with someone at CCL... they show the three and four night Catalina and Ensenada run in summer of 2010

And let's not forget... The elation will be chartered for use in the vancouver olympics... Maybe that's got something to do with it... ?

I wouldn't think that was likely as the olympics are in winter and the missing schedule is after apr.

Archived