Ameri Suites Fort Lauderdale

dealin dave

My wife , and 2 children will be sailing on our first HAL cruise July 30 2005. We called around for a few rates and came up with $ 59.00 a night at Ameri Suites in Fort Lauderdale on 17th St. I checked tripadvisor.com and read very mixed reviews. Any one on these boards have any info they could share? I figure for 2 nights they provide a complementary breakfast, shuttle service from Fll airport to hotel, and to Port Everglades. Location next door to Outback, and across street from publix. My two main concerns are service and hotel cleanliness, should I give them a try or stay at Marriott Marina for a rate of $119.00 a night including breakfast. water taxi pass, and shuttle sevice to Port Everglades. I also have a rate of $79.00 the Yankee Clipper, with an oceanview room, no breakfast or transportation included. Thanks for your input, and happy holidays to all!

We also have read mixed reviews about Amerisuites and they are listed as a 2 star hotel - heard they were not very clean. They are not next door to Outback - they are on a side street off 17th St., Outback is in a plaza on 17th street - nearer Embassy Suites.

Why not try Embassy Suites - they have a free full breakfast, shuttle from airport and to ship. We stayed there one year and we quite satisfied. Also stayed at Marriott Marina - no free breakfast when we were there.

Embassy Suites has a rate of $126.00- $140.00 a night. We have traveled and stayed in much better quality hotels for the same price or less. It also kills me to pay those rates when on priceline people get this hotel from $50.00-$70.00 a night. We might take the Marriott as we stayed there this summer for 2 nights pre cruise. They are in the proces of reunovations to be complete by next summer. Service was above average,and property maintained. Rooms were worn and it showed, yet clean it was time for a makeover. Free breakfast with our room was also not bad, good value for price overall.

I have stayed at the AmeriSuites once when there were multiple family members and we were pleased with the service. Our rooms appeared to be a little worn BUT were clean. We got excellent pricing and everyone had a great time. We stayed here pre-cruise for a 3 night stay.

We had two rental cars so they took us to the port without us using the AmeriSuites shuttle which appeared very busy when we checked out of the hotel.

With Hotwire they are registered 2 1/2 stars and Triple A is 3 stars.

The Outback is 1 block away.

Steve Hayes

My wife , and 2 children will be sailing on our first HAL cruise July 30 2005. We called around for a few rates and came up with $ 59.00 a night at Ameri Suites in Fort Lauderdale on 17th St. I checked tripadvisor.com and read very mixed reviews. Any one on these boards have any info they could share? I figure for 2 nights they provide a complementary breakfast, shuttle service from Fll airport to hotel, and to Port Everglades. Location next door to Outback, and across street from publix. My two main concerns are service and hotel cleanliness, should I give them a try or stay at Marriott Marina for a rate of $119.00 a night including breakfast. water taxi pass, and shuttle sevice to Port Everglades. I also have a rate of $79.00 the Yankee Clipper, with an oceanview room, no breakfast or transportation included. Thanks for your input, and happy holidays to all!

I recently saw a news blurb stating that Hyatt was buying Amerisuites.

We stayed at the FLL one once. It was OK for the price, but when I tried to sign up for the shuttle to the pier folks at front desk said there was no sign up - just go out when ready.

Well, everyone went out when ready and certain people pushed to the front of the pack, of course. It was chaos - no system is even worse than a bad system.

Ended up taking a cab to the pier and vowed never to stay there again. I understand at Embassy Suites you sign up for a time - sounds like a much better idea.

We also have reservations for Amerisuites in FLL. I know I should be a bit concerned but we do not arrive in FLL till 7 at night and friends are picking us up to take us to dinner. At the earliest we will get there will be 9 and then check out the next morning. As long as the beds and bathrooms are clean I have no problem it is not like we are staying for a 7 night vacation. If it gets crazy trying to use their shuttle we will just grab a taxi, with tip it cannot cost more than $10.00

I would like to hear from anyone that has stayed there very recently like in the past 60 days. Old reports can be misleading plus we all know how some can also just be their opinion and if one thing set them off then all of it was terrible.

I am being optimistic:)

Embassy Suites has a rate of $126.00- $140.00 a night. We have traveled and stayed in much better quality hotels for the same price or less. It also kills me to pay those rates when on priceline people get this hotel from $50.00-$70.00 a night. We might take the Marriott as we stayed there this summer for 2 nights pre cruise. They are in the proces of reunovations to be complete by next summer. Service was above average,and property maintained. Rooms were worn and it showed, yet clean it was time for a makeover. Free breakfast with our room was also not bad, good value for price overall.

You don't have to pay this rate for Embassy suites.;) Check Priceline. We were able to get room there for $64.(I saw some people getting it for $55) Room was spacious and clean. (although I felt furniture a bit outdated, and don't book smoking room!!! it really smelled). Embassy had beautiful pool and nice "inside" area. Full breakfest and manager reception is included, plus free shuttle to/from pier and airport.

Tatka, the problem with Priceline is you can not be guaranteed you will get Embassey Suite. Priceline is OK when I used it going back to my home town in Iowa but when I want to be at a hotel that is near the pier and has shuttle service I would not want to rely that I would get what I need on Priceline since you pre pay and they select.

Tatka, the problem with Priceline is you can not be guaranteed you will get Embassey Suite. Priceline is OK when I used it going back to my home town in Iowa but when I want to be at a hotel that is near the pier and has shuttle service I would not want to rely that I would get what I need on Priceline since you pre pay and they select.

The good thing about FLL and priceline is that you only have 2 choices of 3 diamonds hotels in downtown FLL...Embassy Suites or Marriott, so you can't really miss.;)

We made the mistake of staying one time at AmeriSuites, yuk... never again.

There are far better properties in FLL than AmeriSuites. The service is non-existent and the surrounding area is not that good at all. We checked in late, only one clerk, no bell person, tiny small elevator, no restaurant (and nonthing that even stays open too late in the area) - you can do much better.

Tripadvisor will not disappoint. We are trying the FLL Renaissance in March 2005 based upon Tripadvisor recommendations.

Due to a large convention in town, and there are lots of Carribean sailings out of FLL in February, we could not get a priceline room for our upcoming cruise. The hotels have been booked up for months. We ended up at the Amerisuites booking with an entertainment rate so we at least would have something. I realize it's a 2 1/2 star but will serve it's purpose for this sailing. There are others on my sailing staying here that I will be meeting up with. Sometimes that makes up for the low grade accomidations.

We stayed at the 17th St Amerisuites once. It is very convenient. The breakfast was fine, shuttle service from the airport and to the port convenient. The room, however, was dark, dreary and worn. Cleanliness borderline acceptable. Since this is the start of a wonderful vacation, I'd pay a little more and stay somewhere else. Embassy Suites is right across the street and we have stayed there. The rooms are not at all luxurious for the price you pay, but they shuttle you, have a nice breakfast, and a pleasant atmosphere.

Have stayed at the Amerisuites several times, but not in the past two years. Was always happy with the room and service, shuttle and breakfast. Plus, it is "next door" to Outback, but that "next door" is about a block away. You are in easy walking distance to a drug store and liquor store (sorry, I always take a couple of bottles of wine with me). I wasn't nervous about the area at all, but I live right outside of DC, so maybe that's the difference... Anyway, I would stay there again in a heartbeat! Last time I was there the best price I could get was $109 per night, and as I said, that was a couple of years ago.

Archived