How close does your cruise have to be for you to get Giddy?!?!?

Mooder

I get giddy after I've completed my cruise and I return and start planning my next....all the way up until I book it, plan each port and then actually go on the cruise. I guess I'm giddy all the time. LOL :D :p

That's the joy of cruising! And vacation in general!!

I get giddy after I've completed my cruise and I return and start planning my next....all the way up until I book it, plan each port and then actually go on the cruise. I guess I'm giddy all the time. LOL :D :p

Exactly how I feel! Of course there are periods (short ones of course) when I get involved in something else but that upcoming cruise is always somewhere within easy reach.

I am 4 days away from my next NCL cruise so I am giddy but I also stress alot before

LOL

I stress a lot, especially the day before. The night before we leave, I literally wonder why I go on vacation! :eek: But once I walk out the door the next morning, I am in vacation mode and giddyness returns. :D

Have a great cruise!!

Edited by Mooder

Well, have a great time! No stress in just 4 days, except deciding where to eat!!!

It's been 2 years since our last cruise, and I really NEED to be giddy again very soon!!! We would have been on the Dawn this week, but the remodeling is still going on, and hubby will spend another vacation working on it.

OOOOOOOO! The Giddy thread is back! I'll be giddy in about 2 weeks:D

Still in the stress mode of getting my ship together!:rolleyes:

Nothing is ready to even go into a suitcase yet. I'll just power pack on the 29th! I'll be giddy when my plane touches down in FLL!

Oh THANK GOODNESS I'm not alone... my significant other is the most patient person I know but even he's starting to roll his eyes at my giddyness!!! ....and we're still just over 5 weeks out. Happy sailing everyone!

:)

MY significant other is also the picture of "calmness" ....I have to keep on asking him if he is getting the least bit excited that we are leaving in 17 DAYS!!! .....and this is his first cruise - I think he was more excited when he got his passport in the mail... He just took the suitcase down from the attic - mine has been open, half filled in my room for about 6 weeks now...;) Giddy.....is an understatement......

Less than 3 weeks and I am giddy as can be! My husband is tired of me asking him about what we should do in St. Thomas, if he wants a soda card, and what we should pack. It's a good thing I can come on here to get my fix!!:)

My pattern:

1. I get very excited just before and after booking. Definitely giddy.

2. Then I level out to a general enjoyment of the boards and researching ports and excursions. This phase can last months.

3. Now, at about three weeks out, I am almost feeling grumpy because it will just never get here. I try to deal with it by being online and making up my packing list. But it all seems hollow right now.

4. The week before I will be very up and excited and packing. That is another GIDDY phase!

5. The night before I am a wreck. I feel awful, knots in stomach, worrying about what I forgot to pack, worrying about timing, feeling it will never happen and wondering why I EVER go on vacation and swearing I never will again. (I know, I am just a tad moody.)

6. The morning of, I let all that worrying go and have a wonderful time no matter what. DEFINITELY GIDDY!!! :D

This is me EXCEPT for number five!

I've been giddy for weeks. LOL I will be walking in the house and all of a sudden burst into this lunatic, squealing and yelling we are going on a cruise soon! My family thinks I'm crazy. LOL

I love it! :D

Woke up again singing I feel giddy! It's going to be a long week! ROFL:D I want to go NOW!

LOL You can go now, but it will be a looooooooooooong wait at the terminal. ;) But I'll drive down and keep you company! :D

I was excited when we booked the cruise and then the long wait ensued and it was (mostly) out of my mind until the Roll Call thread started picking up. But giddy? That started when we hit the one month mark. We are leaving 6th of November, so we are T-Minus 2 and half weeks and counting now. It's really in the forefront of our minds now. My daughter is even giddier than us. She's 12 and this is her first real cruise (she was on one when she was an infant, and doesn't remember). The Friday before, we will be frantic, beyond giddy. We will have most of it packed by then. Saturday we are attending a Bat Mitzvah, so we will only have the night before for last minute stuff.

Like many others, I booked the Breakaway for 2013. yep..without deck plans or knowing anything else...CRAZY!

I WAS GIDDY WHEN I WAS TALKING TO MY PCC THIS PAST SATURDAY! i can handle giddiness for a year and a half, i think. :D

I'm giddy and my cruise is 7 months away!! I'm a little too obsessed... constantly checking my reservation, looking into excursions, reviewing deck plans... I may lose my mind before the cruise actually happens! lol It is wonderful however to have something to look forward to. It makes everything else in life seem more bearable. :)