Appropriate Tip for Maitre D'

Luckyroot

Friends of ours are on the CB and one of them has a very strict NO salt dietary restriction. They have emailed me saying how absolutely wonderful the Matre D', Sergio, has been taking care of them.

They have asked me to poll the good folks here on CC for an appropriate $$ amount to tip the Matre D'. Sergio finds them at dinner every night, and discusses the next day's menu to customize it to my friends needs. If there is nothing that appeals on the menu, he makes something up. In short, he's doing a FANTASTIC job and they want to thank him accordingly.

What would you tip for such outstanding service?

If it was me i would give 50$ at least. We normally give our room steward 20$ tip when we dont ask for anything extra (more if we do).... It seems that the Matri'd is going above and beyond!! I would give a bigger tip for that kind of care :D

If it was me i would give 50$ at least. We normally give our room steward 20$ tip when we dont ask for anything extra (more if we do).... It seems that the Matri'd is going above and beyond!! I would give a bigger tip for that kind of care :D

Hi There,

The best tip you could give is to write a letter to Princess saying how good he was,

I did this for my Sea Princess cruise I got a very nice letter back thanking me for taking the time to write and confirming that my letter would be passed on upwards as well as coppied to the ship.

yours shogun

Who is tyhe HotMan aboard the CB now?

For your friend make sure they know about the Waters aboard too.

As ther drinking water is VERY VERY High in Sodium.. as well there foods prepared too.

It is the method of DeSalinization used .

:eek::eek:

Friends of ours are on the CB and one of them has a very strict NO salt dietary restriction. They have emailed me saying how absolutely wonderful the Matre D', Sergio, has been taking care of them.

They have asked me to poll the good folks here on CC for an appropriate $$ amount to tip the Matre D'. Sergio finds them at dinner every night, and discusses the next day's menu to customize it to my friends needs. If there is nothing that appeals on the menu, he makes something up. In short, he's doing a FANTASTIC job and they want to thank him accordingly.

What would you tip for such outstanding service?

For your friend make sure they know about the Waters aboard too.

As ther drinking water is VERY VERY High in Sodium.. as well there foods prepared too.

It is the method of DeSalinization used .

To desalinate is to remove the salt. Reverse osmosis removes all the salt. As does distillation

We always special order in the main diningroom. It is usually the Head Waiter who takes care of us, with the full approval of the Matre'd. We tip both of them. Generally $50 each. On the recent TA on the Ruby we tipped the Head Waiter $75 and the Matre'd $50.

i think you are all idiots the italian maitre d s get about 75 grand a year

Idiot is a strong word but thanks for informing us less knowledgeable on this fact. Hmmmm, one less person to tip, two more foo-foo drinks:p

CLAUDIO..calling posters IDIOTS is a little strong, not good for the Aussie image, my opinion anyway as an Aussie.

ANYWAY..back to topic..on my cruises the Maitre'd has never come near me or spoken to me, except for the two times the Captain of Regal Princess joined us at out table, then of course Maitre'd, Head Waiter, the lot were there, wonder why? Would I tip the Maitre'd? If he did something for me, beyond my expectations, after all he would be the biggest earner in the Restaurant.

But sure, for looking after people with special diets, tip the Maitre'd what you like, tipping is up to the individual, not mandatory.

Archived