Favorite HAL Ship

wyplum

Ever? That's easy---the ss Rotterdam (Rotterdam V). She was a dignified, traditional ocean liner. We will never see her likes again.

Currently? Any of the original S-class ships. I like the size, and prefer the paino bar over the piano lounge in the R-class ships. Got to admit, though, I do love that mid-ship elevator.

Amsterdam-she is the co-flagship of the HAL fleet with the Rotterdam, so RuthC's description aptly fits her as well. She is extremely comfortable, beautifully decorated and has a great crew, the Amsterdam, that is. :)

I agree with Bill...tho we have enjoyed all our cruises...some a little more than others...but the MS Amsterdam is just such a beautiful and elegant ship with a fabulous crew and staff and to date is our very favorite ship...would love to sail with her on one of her South American itineraries! But we are now considering the transatlantic on the Prinsendam for next fall!

Happy sailing!

My favorite "Dam" ship is a toss-up between the current Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Ryndam. I loved all 3 of them very much!

Out of the 7 HAL ships I have cruised on, I found the Statendam to be my least favorite as I feel she is showing her age more than the others. That is just the physical ship as each cruise I have taken on HAL has had great staff.:D :cool:

Archived