Shogun Live from The Crown

Shogun

Dear Shogun & Mrs........Look up into the night sky; there are two very large white & shining stars watching over both of you......they're with you, always!!!!!!

Have a wonderful time away, with each other! Happy Voyage!!!!

Please tell James Deering that Brenda (Service Dog) and Roz [from the Oosterdam, say...Hi.]

Pawlightly and Love,

Roz & Brenny

Hi Shogun,

Safe journey to Rome.

I will be following your reports with interest.

I don`t know if you saw my last post but I would also like to know if the balcony doors clip back or if I will need to bring bungee cords. (2nd cruise)

I am sure you will try a few cocktails to let us know what is best. :D

Have fun and look after her for us. :p

Caber

Shogun,

Have a wonderful cruise with fond memories of your fur children.

I saw an old post from you regarding information about Glasgow. We will be stopping in Greenock this August on our British Isles tour. Do you know if there is transportation available at the port into Glasgow? Is a train staion close by?

Thanks!

Shogun, have a great cruise. We lost our little "boy" last year. He was 15 so he grew up with our youngest. I have his collar and tag in the car with me, he loved going in the car. I hope you have many happy memories of your times with your four legged children. I am sure they had a wonderful life with you.

Enjoy your cruise.

Shogun,

Have a woderful cruise and I hope you arrive in one piece with your luggage! Weren't you on a B@B a couple of years ago on the Emerald Princess and never received your luggage? Hope that never happens again.

Have fun!

Shogun,

Thanks for the live thread from the Crown Princess. I know posting can be a lot of work but we landbound souls really appreciate hearing about all your adventures. It's been 25 days since we left her and I'm still unsteady on my feet;). Hope you have a great cruise. She's certainly a great ship with a great crew.

If you see Big Al (Albequerque, Headwaiter in Botticelli dining room port side), tell him that Harry and Joyce miss his excellent service and smiling face. Gerry and Ronaldo were our waiter and assistant waiter respectively and should they be yours, you're in for great service as they're tops as well. Say hello to Mr Deering, the Hotel Director, for us if you see him. He is certainly the best we've ever seen; always cheerful, helpful and informative.

Enjoy your cruise. We're looking forward to every post. Bon Voyage from Harry and Joyce!

Hi all,

Starting this here in Scotland as not to use up my minutes, taxi arrives in a few hours to take us to Edinburgh, then flight to London over night in airport then early bird flight out of T5 to Rome and catch the Crown later that morning. If this is my last post you will know to search T5 where you should myself a few hundred other lost travellers and a few thousand lost bags.

This will be the first of 3 Live posts this year from the Crown, from a ship I have never been on by the end of this year I will know very well.

We have had a very good roll call so will have lots to chat about.

Already have requests to check out cabins take photos, so if any one whats info on the Crown just ask, and will do best to help.

This cruise as many will know was not planned and came about as a result of the deaths of our dogs as we needed some thing to look forward to,

not sure how things will go MUTS to us will always be a picture of Saska wearing a Santa hat and a message saying missing you mum, flowers in the cabin with a message from Shogun & Saska, or a birthday message to my DW from them, well they were Samoyeds so organising a message or a card was not hard for them, I expect a few tears on this cruise.

Like most Med cruises this is a hard cruise, loads of ports loads of things to see and do, this time many new ports for us which will be nice and a few old friends, as well.

We have a range of tours planned , a couple of ships, couple of our own with other CC folk, and a couple were we are joining other CC folk, in ports like Barcelona we will just use the HOHO bus, while in Cadiz we have no plans yet.

One thing we have already to look forward to is hearing some more storries of life at sea from James Deering.

Next post will be be from the Crown all being well on Wednesday.

Take care all.

yours Shogun

Keep the Crown nice for us, we sail on August 12.

Lola in Hamilton

Shogun,

Have a wonderful cruise with fond memories of your fur children.

I saw an old post from you regarding information about Glasgow. We will be stopping in Greenock this August on our British Isles tour. Do you know if there is transportation available at the port into Glasgow? Is a train staion close by?

Thanks!

Hi Cruiser Cat

Live very close to Greenock. Train station 5 min taxi ride from port. 3 trains/hr direct to Glasgow Centre.

Anyport

Hi all,

Thank you for all your kind words, already been a tear or two.

Well lets start 5 minutes before the taxi turns up the phone rings ," hi there just to let you know your taxi is not coming it is stuck at the airport awaiting a late flight, " help pick DW of floor, then " we have another one coming for you but it to is stuck in traffic" pick DW of floor for 2nd time. Anyone a taxi arrives late we have reduced the pick up time to just enough as they are never late, driver now has to break all speed records or we will miss check in, so we are off then a car is coming head on to us on our side of the road the driver starts to swear we wait for the crash and we pass missing by inches taxi driver is mad wants to call police and give chase but no time. we get to airport we run through it and we catch plane just.

Now we take underground from T1 to T5 London Heathrow and stay at Sofitel. If a good hotel has more than 1 phone in a room this one had three, it had a touch screen TV built into mirror above bath, this is an excellnt new hotel, planes take off out side your window but the 12 inch thick windows mean you hear nothing.

Hotel is within T5 so we walk out and book our seats for tomoorows flight, in the morning it is a short walk to bag drop and we are of to the gate at a silly hour in the morning. A bus picks us up, it says Rome on it so it takes out onto the run way, of the runway, down the road, through a tunnel across a runway down another road, hey is it driving to Rome after a very long drive we appear on the otherside of the airport and our plane is waiting for us.

Flight is poor sorry BA but you can do better.

At Rome airport lots and lots of Prince reps as we come through passport control a rep tells us were to get our bags, we get our bags and another rep takes them from us, another rep takes out side the airport, another takes us to our bus and we are off, on the bus reps checks all paper work gets us to fill in any missing bits of info, then we arrive at port,

straight through pick up cards dodge photo folk and onto ship all within a few minutes folks, then we wait for our bags. and we wait and wait.

Part 2 later.

yours Shogun

Shogun, I have always read your other "Live" reports and can hardly wait for the next installment of this report...I sure hope you got your luggage this time. They do say lightning never strikes twice in the same place but you never know. pj

Archived