Enchantment 8172 & Platinum gifts

We were just on Enchantment and had aft 8172 - wonderful aft balcony with 2 loungers and 3 chairs - so much room. The stateroom has more than enough inside storage - The location was very quite and the balcony very private. Also we had My Time Dining and it worked out perfectly. Oh and no French Press - but a water warmer :(

We are platinum members and had two gifts from the Crown & Anchor - 2 RCI canvas tote bags AND two well used RCI white robes. We asked the room steward about the robes and he said they were gifts along with the tote bags - we thought he must be mistaken as the robes were yellow stained and the ties were frayed. Later we talked to CA and they said yes they were gifts. Anyone else get old ratted robes? Thought this was very strange.

We were just on Enchantment and had aft 8172 - wonderful aft balcony with 2 loungers and 3 chairs - so much room. The stateroom has more than enough inside storage - The location was very quite and the balcony very private. Also we had My Time Dining and it worked out perfectly. Oh and no French Press - but a water warmer :(

We are platinum members and had two gifts from the Crown & Anchor - 2 RCI canvas tote bags AND two well used RCI white robes. We asked the room steward about the robes and he said they were gifts along with the tote bags - we thought he must be mistaken as the robes were yellow stained and the ties were frayed. Later we talked to CA and they said yes they were gifts. Anyone else get old ratted robes? Thought this was very strange.

We are platinum and are always provided robes for use on board. :) They have never been ratty or frayed though....:eek:

We had an older robe on our recent Monarch sailing. The robe was NOT yellowed but the logo was so faded that is was almost white. They are defiantly NOT to be taken home. Our note stated robes for ON BOARD USE.

I can’t imagine any company giving away a frayed or torn item, further who would want it!

M

Not sure who you talked to at C&A but the robes were NOT a gift...they are for your use onboard... I'd be watching your credit card, as there is a chance you will be charged for the robes..

Never had an experience with ratty or stained robes... our's have always been nice & fluffy...

Glad to hear you enjoyed cabin 8172 though...that's the cabin we will have on our next Enchantment cruise!:D

We were on that same sailing on Enchantment in room 8608. We are Diamond level Crown and Anchor members. We had two robes hanging in our closet. The attendent brought two more wrapped in plastic. We never opened them. The Attendent did not tell us they were gifts. In fact, we have never been "gifted" with robes on Royal Caribbean. We don't really use RCI's robes...well, Hubby does once in a while.

Our gifts were the two totes which are actually the nicest gifts RCI has given in a couple of years.

I wonder why your attendent told you the robes were gifts. That is really strange. But you never know. We were wondering why the attendent brought us two more robes, all neatly wrapped in pastic.

Enchantment must have had some kind of "robe thing" going on that cruise.:D Great, fun cruise though. We really enjoyed ourselves.

We were on Enchantment last month & are also Platinum members but we got the baseball caps & just had use of the robes onboard. We have never received robes as "gifts", only for onboard use. That is odd. Maybe they are replacing robes & giving the old ones as gifts. That would still be very strange.:confused::confused::confused:

When I read the OP's post that snapped it for me. On our April cruise on Enchantment there were No gifts for us returning Platinum members. I thought it was part of the phasing out of gifts so I didn't say anything at the time. It just seemed petty to get upset about it.

But after reading everyone else getting welcome back gifts I sent the C&A an email expressing my disappointment. I had already sent RCI an email and submitted a less than enthusiastic survey at the end of the cruise. I do hope our next cruise goes better.

Everything was just a little off. How much was because it was the first cruise back from Panama? The change in the Cruise Director and staff? The swine flu mess and missing Cozumel? The rude (and that is with a capital RUDE) sales person at the Ron Jon shop in Key West our first stop? The less than stellar service the first night at dinner? Just added up to a less than wonderful cruise.

Let me be real clear - we did have robes hanging in our closet from the beginning of the cruise- however the night they put the canvas bags on our turned down bag these robes were sitting on top of the canvas bags (not ones hanging in the closet) - we immediately asked Nelson the room steward what they were there for and he said gifts - we thought very strange and why would they be giving worn, tattered, yellow stained robes? Made no sense. So we went to the Loyalty Ambassador on deck 7 and asked about these 'gifts' and they said 'are you platinum' we said yes - he said enjoy!

For the life of me I can't figure out why they would give away such ratty robes unless it's a way of disposing them. We thought - very tacky.

Was there a pole in #8172?

The CD was Marc and I believe this was his last cruise or close to the last.

I think the Captain was Been, can't seem to find his name on the cruise Compass.

Thanks so much for the information. I thought that Marc had already left for his new job and I would get to find out for sure who his replacement was. Maybe someone from the current cruise will let us know.

Thanks so much for the information. I thought that Marc had already left for his new job and I would get to find out for sure who his replacement was. Maybe someone from the current cruise will let us know.

We were on the same cruise and Marc told my wife and I that the cruise this week is the last one for him with RCCL. He starts his Disney training the 16th or so, and then he will be on the Disney Magic.

Cruisengoddess- we were neighbors on the ship. What did you think of Nelson? We thought he was great, except we never got the robes. :confused: Oh well we probably would have left them too.

Archived