Pipedreams62 Live Aboard The Maasdam

pipedreams62

Isn't it terrible when they make you get off the ship!! LOL

Glad to hear you had such a wonderful trip - it goes by too fast. Enjoy your days in Montreal and looking forward to your review.

Thanks much - we will be on Maasdam soon (actually October) but time goes by so quickly, it will be here before we know it!! :)

Vickie and DH Lynn

Good Morning all- Well I just had my last meal of eggs benedict in the dining room. I'm already getting that sick feeling in my stomach. They will soon call my luggage tag color over the PA system and the trip will be over.:(

This is going to be a severe case of post cruise depression I can already feel it coming on.

This was the the most friendly and wonderful ship I have ever been on PERIOD. I can't rave enough about this ship and it's crew. My live report was weak but I promise to make it up with a detailed solid review.

It was a pleasure meeting Sail7seas the other night. I can certainly see why she loves this ship so much.

Whoever is coming aboard the Maasadam soon is going to have a wonderful time on a beautiful ship,with the friendliest crew on the high seas.

We're going to stay in Montreal for a couple of days and then fly home. just wanted to pop in for a moment. It's now time to resume our regular scheduled programing "Barf Fest"

PipeDreams,

Can I trade places with you? I am now in Montreal waiting to board the Maasdam! Your report has given me high expectations for this cruise!

I have been in Montreal for the last two days pre-cruise. My DW and I had a great time here. Great restaurants and the people here were very freindly. We have even chased the rain away for you. (Rained last two days).

PS: If you have any drink cards left...hide them for me!:D:D:D

Pipedream,sorry your cruise has to come to an end. Montreal is a great city. We were there on a land vacation a few summers ago and loved Old Montreal. Have a good time post cruise.

By the way, if you see this, there's a great restaurant(if it isn't raining) called Le Jardin Nelson up a few blocks from the Montreal port. It has a lovely outdoor garden, is reasonable, and features jazz during lunch. Great little find and reasonable too.

Liked reading your posts, and glad you enjoyed your cruise to our neck of the woods, I read somewhere (though I may be wrong) you previously enjoyed a restaurant called Le Mal Boeuf, St Paul street in old Montreal. (steaks/seafood) or it was someone elses post.

I went there last week-end it was quite nice. the reason I ate there was remembering a post about it on CC, but not sure if it was from you Pipedream

Noticed they were doing a bit of work onboard to the sprinkler system, hope you didnt get a unexpected shower. I do wish I could have met the famous Pipedream from CC.

I was quite lucky, and really want to thank Sail7Seas & husband for taking the time to come and say hello down on the pier in Quebec, I guess you had a nice lunch in the city even though the weather wasnt too good. at least I met another CC legend.

I now remember I once met Ruth & JHannah, that was at least about 5-8 years ago. (No I am not a CC obsessed fan, lol) we just started cruising and enjoy the wealth of info on here from the cruise pro's as I call them.

Anyways enjoy your stay in Montreal, then get back to work on here with your great posts that always give me a smile or even a great laugh.

it wasnt the same without them.

The pleasure was all ours for meeting you. What a warm, friendly welcome to your beautiful city.

We had an outstanding day despite the rain. It was plenty warm enough and the showers let up so we walked to the high city..... enjoyed delicious lunch and eagerly look forward to being in Quebec again tomorrow.

So happy we had the chance to meet.

The pleasure was all ours for meeting you. What a warm, friendly welcome to your beautiful city.

We had an outstanding day despite the rain. It was plenty warm enough and the showers let up so we walked to the high city..... enjoyed delicious lunch and eagerly look forward to being in Quebec again tomorrow.

So happy we had the chance to meet.

Sail, lucky you. Two days in Quebec. I love that city. Did you walk up to the top or take the funicular ?

I can't wait to hear your detailed review, Pipedreams................glad you had a terrific time. I keep telling my husband that the Maasdam seems to be one of the most beloved ships and now we get to be on her soon!

Rabbitlady

I have never seen any dining room open for lunch on embabarkation day on any HAL ship.

Louise

Three years in a row, we've done a winter cruise on the Noordam, and each time, the Vista Dining Room was open for lunch from Noon to 1 PM. :D

Archived