Mariner Alaska June 17th - More blogging . .

MsBatt

We leave early tomorrow for our flight to Vancouver in preparation for boarding the Mariner on Wednesday. First time to Alaska, first trip on Regent. We're packing, and getting excited.

I am hoping to add entries to my blog while traveling, so if anyone is interested here's the link: http://www.slowtrav.com/blog/marciab/

Reading the Slipperati blog this week while getting ready for our trip has been a lot of fun, not to mention great information. I also want to thank everyone on this board because your threads and information has been invaluable to this rookie cruiser.

Happy trails,

Marcia

Same preparation here, Marcia. We're not bringing a laptop but I'll look forward to reading your blog when we get back.

and so we'll read the blog while on the cruise!

Pool deck at sailaway, right? :D

yup (pool bar...deck is a big place)!

Hi fellow cruisers,

We got to Canada 3 days ago - spent 2 days in Whistler and got to Vancouver yesterday. I am in the lounge of the Fairmont looking at the water now! Saw the Silversea Shadow arrive this AM and will be looking for our own Mariner arrival in the early AM.

We have had great weather here so far, so fingers crossed that this keeps up. We are heading to Stanley Park and the aquarium this morning - with a 14 year old in tow, this is a must. There is a new baby beluga to meet there.

See you all at the pool bar in just a little over 24 hours!

Best, NJBelle

Marcia,

I am traveling on June 17 with McNally - my D.S.O. (I think I know what this means!!). I've always wanted to be on someone's blog - now I have a chance. We live in Marin County - and we are, in real life, Robin and Earl. We're in 1040 - let's try and find each other. We fly up early tomorrow. Robin is a professional photographer - possibly blog photos?? I have no blog skills that I'm aware of. But I was, for a short time, a creative writing major in college.

Bon Voyage!! Have a great trip. I look forward to reading your blog!!

I'll be interested in reading what travellers have to say about the following excursions:

Sitka: Ultimate Adventure Combo

Juneau: Tracy Arm Crossing and Helicopter Glacier Trek

Skagway: White Pass Railway and Heli-Hike

Ketchikan: Bear Viewing on Prince of Wales

They all sound fantastic -- would like to get some feedback from anyone that's acutally been on them. We booked them over a month or so ago and now they are completly sold out -- so that seems to indicate that they should be fun.

Thanks so much, and again, have a wonderful time!!

jj

If you have onboard credit let us know how that can be used or should I say how to get it back in cash? There are a lot of blogs about onboard credit and everyone is questioning that .

Kandy from Texas

We're having the most fantastic time here on Mariner, just using my precious internet minutes for the blog - so far I guess we have not found any CC'ers - we are in 979 if that helps.

Off for more Ketchikan,

Marcia

Just wanted to top this to say that we are back from our cruise, and absolutely loved every minute of our Regent experience, well, maybe not the two nights there was some rolling and pitching, but not their fault.

I tried to keep up with the blog while on the trip and even with some sketchy internet at times, did pretty well. I still have a few days to go, and will try to get those last parts posted in the next day or so.

Thanks to everyone who read and commented, it was just a lovely experience. We are probably both converted cruisers and Regent cruisers from this point on.

Marcia

We're having the most fantastic time here on Mariner, just using my precious internet minutes for the blog - so far I guess we have not found any CC'ers - we are in 979 if that helps.

Off for more Ketchikan,

Marcia

Marcia,

Just seeing this... I'm sorry we did not meet on the cruise. We made a conscious decision to leave the laptop home, and we were a bit shy at the pool bar at sailaway trying to nonchalantly figure out who the Cruise Critic folks might be. We did meet NJBelle and her family (which was great since our dds became fast friends) and Portolan and his wife. But if NJBelle's daughter hadn't figured out who we were, we never would have met a one.

We had a fabulous cruise as well. Just got home yesterday and still recovering from the overnight flight, but had to post a very belated "hi" to you. :)

Well thanks, I am also sorry we didn't meet, and I was keeping an eye out at the Pool Bar at sailing, but then we got distracted by two of the staff who sat down with us, two of the dancers and by the time I looked around again, oh well. But funny thing we ended up sitting next to NJBelle and her family on the train trip to Anchorage, I think I heard her husband say something about Cruise Critic, and I realized I had seen them in and around the Lounges all week, so we did get to chat.

We came straight home last week, so by now we are settled and getting ready for our next adventure. I am almost finished with the blog.

Like you, we had a fabulous time on the Mariner, and I think we will cruise again, not sure when, but we are spoiled for life by this experience.

Just for conversation, since I think it will be a few summers down the travel road, either Greek Islands/Turkey or the Baltics, probably the Islands. That is, unless we stop talking about our plans for Italy next June and book a cruise.

Archived