QM2 again on Travel Channel - NEW SHOW

BklynBoy8

The QM2 will be on the Travel Channel again.

This is not a showing of the QM2: Birth of a Legend.

I see it on the listing for Cablevision – Bklyn/Bronx - NYC Ch 29 on Saturday, June 27th, 2009 (10:30PM to 11:00PM) and a repeat on Sunday, June 28th, 2009 (2:00AM to 3:00AM), half hour showing.

The shows title is listed as – Cruises We Love.

Description: “Cunard’s, Queen Mary 2”. A non-stop voyage across the Atlantic from New York City to Southampton, England, aboard Cunard’s Queen Mary 2. NEW SHOW.

Not sure where & when it will be shown on Travel Channel in the rest of the country.

Hope you all will try to watch, we will.

I see it on the listing for Cablevision – Bklyn/Bronx - NYC Ch 29 on Saturday, June 27th, 2009 (10:30PM to 11:00PM) and a repeat on Sunday, June 28th, 2009 (2:00AM to 3:00AM), half hour showing.

Description: “Cunard’s, Queen Mary 2”. A non-stop voyage across the Atlantic from New York City to Southampton, England, aboard Cunard’s Queen Mary 2. NEW SHOW.

Not sure where & when it will be shown on Travel Channel in the rest of the country.

I certainly will try, it sounds like it may be worth watching. The last time I watched a cruise on the Travel Channel, I got all excited, but it was about NCL trying to make enough money to make a profit for that particular trip by pushing drinks and selling gadgets on the last day. Been there and done that, so watching it on the Travel Channel didn't turn me on much.

and a repeat on Sunday, June 28th, 2009 (2:00AM to 3:00AM), half hour showing.

Sorry, the correct time for the repeat showing of the show is 2:30AM not 2:00AM to 3:00AM. It is only an half hour show.

Thanks for the tip Bklynboy8, will definitely be tuning in tonight!

Jonathan

Watched it. Was pretty good nothing a past Cunard TA pax wouldn't know. But good showcase for the ship and what She has to offer . Six Nights of Heaven. Can't wait.:D

Denise

I certainly will try, it sounds like it may be worth watching. The last time I watched a cruise on the Travel Channel, I got all excited, but it was about NCL trying to make enough money to make a profit for that particular trip by pushing drinks and selling gadgets on the last day. Been there and done that, so watching it on the Travel Channel didn't turn me on much.

Yeah I caught that one also. Then went on the NCL Jewel to see it in action. It was all true. Sell Sell Sell

Denise

Watched it. Was pretty good nothing a past Cunard TA pax wouldn't know. But good showcase for the ship and what She has to offer . Six Nights of Heaven. Can't wait.:D

Denise

30 minutes is just too short for a ship like QM2. Really does make you want to pack your tux.

J.

30 minutes is just too short for a ship like QM2. Really does make you want to pack your tux.

J.

Dear Jim,

Ditto....

I totally agree with you but had a feeling that the show was going to be presented in this fashion, ad for cruising more than true background-behind the scenes.

I think properly presented, an hour (even more) would do showing all of the QM2 is and it has to offer.

One think that I thought was interesting is seeing the gathering at the Captains table.

No we never did that but, two (2) cruises ago we were selected to dine in that fashion with Carol Marlowe, CEO of Cunard who was sailing onboard with us. How Prim & Proper was the dinner and did meet some very nice people at that table also.

Also, I now learned what a "Tan & Black" is. BITTERS & GUINNESS layered. When we board her on Wednesday, must see if I can try one during the cruise at the Golden Lion.

Never saw up close the kennels. That was new.

Was interesting.

J.

Exactly my thoughts as well, it was very much too short. I can't remember for sure, but I believe the NCL video was an hour long and that one I found totally annoying. It certainly made up my mind in case I ever entertain the ithoughts of going on one of their cruises. However, watching the QM2 last night makes me wish I were there right there this very moment. It is the civilized line where manners are the norm. And the "cossing" looks absolutely amazing!!!:)

Gail

Travel Channel shows tend to be almost like informercials--always positive about whatever they are showing, not like CNBC's show that analyzed the economics of a cruise ship. I found both shows interesting. In fact, I actually like the all-positive Travel Channel shows. The one on the Queen Mary 2 was fine but emphasized a few of things they could have skipped. Service was mentioned as a highlight, but the show focused only on the butlers--service provided to very few of the passengers on the QM2. The service provided to regular passengers is great and should have been mentioned. I also don't see the point about mentioning the captain (commodore) as a highlight of the ship. I'm sure he's very good, but how many people make cruising decisions based on who the captain is; does it really matter to most passengers? (In fact, the less the passengers think about the captain, the better he probably is.) The show did focus on many of the things that made the QM2 (or Cunard in general) special: the planetarium, the Canyon Ranch Spa, the Britishness, Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts, the formal nights, the tradition. They hit those points, so I thought it did touch on some of the more important highlights of a QM2 Transatlantic crossing.

I found the featured presenter ("cruise entrepreneur") an insufferable tool. Could they have found *anyone* more obnoxious? Pretentious git.

Oh, now I see...he's the founder of Onboard Media, aka the port-and-shopping "lecture" providers. Duly noted.

My wife and I were able to view it last night also on the Travel Channel. We are new with this channel, because we finally ventured into the cable world two weeks ago with the installation of Verizon FIOS. The digital age finally caught up to us.

Being we have had six voyages on the QM2, we felt very much at home as the camera crew ran around the ship with all their fast snaps and fade ins and outs. There is very little focus on a scene for more than four seconds it seems unless the camera is on top of someone's face or up their nose.

We did not feel that Commodore Bernard Warner should have been on a list of the top ten items on the QM2. For whatever reason I can not explain, we have been invited to have dinner with him at the Captain's Table in the Britannia Restaurant on our last three voyages. Commodore Warner is a wonderful captain and very friendly and informative. It was not necessary to give him the number six on the list.

There are many stateroom categories on the Queen Mary 2. Most are for the Britannia Restaurant. The staterooms shown last night were the very expensive duplex apartments and penthouses. I think I got a glimpse of a Grill category cabin, also in the higher price range.

All in all, it was nice to be on board again, and our next BTB crossing begins on November 5, 2009, and we are counting the days for another adventure.

Terrence

Archived