Excited & Nervous

droopy1

Hello, first time poster, first time cruiser, so very nervous, I have been reading these boards everynight since I booked my cruise in May, ya'll are a great group of people I have taken so many notes ans learned so much you would think I am back in school. Anyway goung out of Vancouver on Aug 8,2009 on the Sapphire Princess booked inC726, anytime dining, and I am so excited. My DH and I are going for our 26th ann. and what we call our trip of a life time. We are flying in to Seattle on the 6th and staying at the Watertown Hotel, next morning taking train to Vancouver and staying at Pan Pacific. We are just everday people from Texas and are very excited but do not know what to expect. Does anyone know about my cabin or hotel rooms. Sorry this was long and thanks so much

Droopy welcome to Cruise Critic and princess. You have a very good cabin. On the Caribe deck your balcony is 1/2 covered and 1/2 uncovered. You will love alaska. Been there a lot Beautiful state

What also might help you is to go back to the home page and scroll down to Roll Calls. then to princess, then your ship and then find your date and then you can meet other people who will be on the cruise with you. Also go to the Ports of Call board for alaska and check that site out. Lots of info on that state.

Marilyn

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the world of cruising! Looks like you put your lessons on CC to good use. You are going to love the Pan Pacific. What a great way to start your Alaska cruise. Happy Anniversary and Happy Cruising!

getting on your roll call will be fun and informative. You'll bond with some of your fellow

cruisers so you have friends to wave at on board.

On past roll calls, we have:set up get togethers on board, set up things like poker runs

and gift exchanges, and, after becoming acquainted on the roll call, actually set up our

dining table. You can spend your time just the two of you together, but have fun with

the others when you want. Best of both worlds.

As far as trip of a lifetime, our first cruise, in 1984, was nothing short of stupendous.

We said that was the trip of a lifetime. Then after a QEII transatlantic, that became the

trip of a lifetime. Then came Venice to Athens Mediterranean cruise. And so it goes.

In September, a Baltic cruise. Once you start, the wonderful memories just build and

build and build. I hope your 26th anniversary cruise will just be the start of a glorious

future....

You will love the Pan Pacific Hotel. Right at one Cruise Ship Terminal or within 5 minutes of the other- very central to everything downtown Vancouver- and a beautiful hotel.

WE absolutely loved our first cruise-we were definite beach people before it. Now hooked!

Have a great time.

We are celebrating our 37th Wedding Anniversary on the Panama Canal this December. Cant think of a better way.

The Pan Pacific is a fantastic property, and boy, does it make embarkation convenient.

After you straighten out the train thing, I'd also reconsider my hotel choice. The Watertown is convenient to neither the train station nor the airport, and the dining options within walking distance are either suited for students (it's in the University District) or rather limited (although, there's an excellent Tex-Mex place, Agua Verde Paddle Club that isn't far, and a good tavern with pizza (Northlake)). Especially given that your new train time will probably be 7:45 AM, with a 7:15 check-in, you might want to consider the Silver Cloud:Stadium or one of the downtown megabrand hotels.

The Watertown is a fine property, and if you had business with the University or wanted to be in that neighborhood, I'd heartily recommend it. But for one night in Seattle with an early train, there are better choices.

We were in C726 on the Diamond, which is one of the sister ships, and loved it. Three decks up to lido deckl and the pools and horizon court buffet, and three decks down to promenade and all the activities. It is pretty far back on the ship, but we love the walking so it was no issue to us.

Have a great time. We just celebrated 27 years of marrage a few months ago.

I was in Vancouver last month for one day post cruise and stayed at the 'old' Fairmont on W. Georgia. There is a newer Fairmont 'almost' at the pier, but I prefer older/boutique-y hotels and I wanted to be in heart of downtown for easy access to restaurants and public transportation. I actually walked with luggage in tow (slightly uphill) to the hotel on W. Georgia. Both hotels are considered downtown. My experience with cabs in Canada finds them to be a bit pricey, so for about $15 more I reserved a limo to take me to the airport, which with tip was $50-ish. If you are flying back to the states, you will find that you will be routed through the duty free shop to get to your airline gate. Just wish I had more time in Canada as I always love visiting there. On this trip I spent several hours at the Van Dusen botanical gardens, which were lovely. So much to do and see in Vancouver, I will be back! Enjoy your time there and have a wonderful cruise.

Archived