NCL's new ask and answer on website

seaavenger

I was browsing through the new ask and answer section on NCL's website for the Gem. I was enjoying reading through it, and really liked that there were staff answers as that would seem to be the most accurate response until I came across a question asking how it was possible to book for 4 people in anything other than a suite and the staff answer was that there were no staterooms on NCL Gem that slept 4. I am currently booked in an oceanview cabin, and my sister is booked in an inside cabin, both that sleep 4 have 4 people listed on the room. When booking these rooms I was able to find out that there are 2 twin beds, a trundle bed, and a murphy bed. I reported the question and submitted my own answer. They allowed my answer but did not remove the staff answer. I double checked the deck plans and there are quite a few inside and oceanviews that sleep 4 according to the deck plans. I have pretty much convinced myself that this is correct but wondering if anyone else has been told that no staterooms sleep 4. Not sure if I should be annoyed that staff would answer that kind of question incorrectly or worry that I am being given wrong information on the other end. Sorry so long.

I was browsing through the new ask and answer section on NCL's website for the Gem. I was enjoying reading through it, and really liked that there were staff answers as that would seem to be the most accurate response until I came across a question asking how it was possible to book for 4 people in anything other than a suite and the staff answer was that there were no staterooms on NCL Gem that slept 4. I am currently booked in an oceanview cabin, and my sister is booked in an inside cabin, both that sleep 4 have 4 people listed on the room. When booking these rooms I was able to find out that there are 2 twin beds, a trundle bed, and a murphy bed. I reported the question and submitted my own answer. They allowed my answer but did not remove the staff answer. I double checked the deck plans and there are quite a few inside and oceanviews that sleep 4 according to the deck plans. I have pretty much convinced myself that this is correct but wondering if anyone else has been told that no staterooms sleep 4. Not sure if I should be annoyed that staff would answer that kind of question incorrectly or worry that I am being given wrong information on the other end. Sorry so long.

what makes you think there are staff answered-- the only answers are by other cruisers--when NCL started this they said it would be answers by cruises. i looked and could find no indication of staff answers.

BG

Well, the OP looks like they are fairly new to CC and maybe to NCL. When they first laucned the new Q&A we had all hoped it would be actual NCL employees answering but it is bascailly like coming here and asking a question. It's an honest mistake and I don't think you need to make them feel like an idiot.

OP, yes you are correct. There are plenty staterooms that hold 4 people and sometimes people do make mistakes:)

I have seen answers that are clearly marked "Staff Answer". Haven't seen many, but I have seen them (they are usually quoting from the website). Yes, you would hope that an NCL staffer would verify an answer before posting it, but alas, they are human like the rest of us :rolleyes:.

I believe it is from ncl staff because it says "staff answer" with the NCL logo next to it. Every answer says "by ...." and names the person who answered it at the end of the answer and the staff answers all say "by NCL staff, Miami, FL". Though not all questions are answered by staff there are some that definately are (including this one). I just checked again to be sure and that I didn't misread it and the two answers to this particular question is mine and the one from NCL staff. I find the NCL staff answer to be misleading.

Q:

1 answer

How many passengers does the Sky hold

1 week, 5 days ago

by

chiquita

buttonAnswerThisQuestion.gif

Was this question helpful?

Yes

Yes

No

No

(Report as inappropriate)

Answers

staff-icon.gif

Answer:

2,002 double occupancy

1 week, 4 days ago

by

NCLStaff

- Miami, FL

Was this answer helpful?

Yes

Yes

No

No

I don't know if this will display correctly but I copied it from the NCL website.

Sorry, I tried to to post a direct link to the question so you could see but the link just brings me to the main page of the Q & A for the Gem. All I can tell is that it is page 5 of the questions that already have answers.

Oh good. I'm not the only one that has seen staff answers. I was just looking back because it's been a long day and thought maybe I was losing my mind lol. I am going with the oceaview for 4 I have booked is fine :)

Oh good. I'm not the only one that has seen staff answers. I was just looking back because it's been a long day and thought maybe I was losing my mind lol. I am going with the oceaview for 4 I have booked is fine :)

See, I even made a mistake. LOL. There were no staff answers when this first started so I guess I stand corrected.:) Have a great time on your next cruise. Enjoy your OV for 4!:D

LOL...I will TRY to enjoy it considering my last cruise was a corner aft balcony that could easily fit 15 people on it since it was just DH and me and this cruise is with our 2 young children. I guess I will find out if the whole "once you cruise balcony you can never go back" is true. Just have young children and too expensive for a balcony and a balcony with them makes me too nervous. I am sure it will be a blast.

I really like it too. I had hoped when I reported the staff answer they would delete it ONLY because it is almost seemed like they were trying to tell people that you can only book a suite for 4 people in order to get them to book the more expensive cabins. Oh well....still like reading through them and did find all of the other staff answers I saw to be correct.

what makes you think there are staff answered-- the only answers are by other cruisers--when NCL started this they said it would be answers by cruises. i looked and could find no indication of staff answers.

BG

NCL customers questions and answers:

http://answers.ncl.com/answers/4066/allquestions.htm

Q:

how can 4 people fit in one stateroom There are four people in my family, and when booking it gives the option for 4 people to a room. Without getting a suite, how is that possible?

A:

There are not any staterooms on Norwegian Gem

that sleep 4 guests.

staff-icon.gif

I agree. But was sad to learn they no longer has self service laundry on the Gem :( All of the staff answers were great except for the one commented on. Wish they would delete it. I look at it almost every day to scan for new questions....

Surely NCL will post a correction on that question they gave the wrong answer to.

Forgot to mention earlier, but I clicked on whether an answer was helpful or not on several replies ---yes, on three of them. The first one went through immediately and registered on the website. The second two yeses I submitted had a response show up saying that it could take up to 12 hours before it registers on website.

So, maybe their correction will take a bit to show up. :confused::confused::confused:

pretty sad that many on NCL staff can not answer questions correctly, yet folks here can.

Too bad and so sad.

Not unexpected given how unreliable NCL's customer service staff can be.

PS: I stopped posting there when I realized they were not editing the answers for accuracy.

I agree. But was sad to learn they no longer has self service laundry on the Gem :( All of the staff answers were great except for the one commented on. Wish they would delete it. I look at it almost every day to scan for new questions....

That's great, but I would look here first. There's no better authority on NCL than us! lol

Archived