back to back Canada cruising???

spunks

Is it true that you cannot book a back to back cruise that ends in Quebec City?...I was just told this and cannot believe it.I was told if you originated in New York that you couldnt return to New York on the ship.We do back to back cruises all the time and have never been face with this.

thanks for any help I can get here....Doug

I have never head this before. You can cruise from Anchorage to Vancouver and then cruise back. That sounds like the same thing. However, when governments make rules, they don't always make sense.

Who told you this?

Thanks for the replies.I was told by a lady at Princess that customs would charge Princess $500.00 and they would pass this on to us.The first cruise goes from NY to Quebec City. The next goes from Quebec City back to NY and continues to Ft lauderdale.I dont know that that matters, but thats what we were told.It still doesnt seem right, so I come here for the "real" expert advice.

Thanks for the replies.I was told by a lady at Princess that customs would charge Princess $500.00 and they would pass this on to us.The first cruise goes from NY to Quebec City. The next goes from Quebec City back to NY and continues to Ft lauderdale.I dont know that that matters, but thats what we were told.It still doesnt seem right, so I come here for the "real" expert advice.

Ah, there in lies the problem. by US law (PVSA), most cruise ships cannot carry passengers from on US city to another unless they meet certain condition. These Princess cruise do not meet the conditions. Prncess would be transporting you from NYC to Fort Lauderdale and that is illegal. Your original post had said roundtrip NYC which would be legal.

If you are looking for a B2B Canada-New England cruise, check out NCL Spirit out of Boston to Quebec City, and back (different itineraries, they repeat only Halifax, which isn't a problem since there are so many interested things in the area). Good luck!

We do Canada/New England itinerary every summer back-to-back on Maasdam and did so again this June. We board in Boston, sail to Bar Harbor, Halifax, Charlottetown (PEI), Sydney, Quebec City and end in Montreal. We stay aboard and do that cruise in reverse returning to Boston. NO Problem at all. We have already booked it for next summer on HAL's Maasdam. It is one of our favorite itineraries (obviously :) ) and never tire of it. It meets all the requirements of Passenger Carriage Act.

Ah, there in lies the problem. by US law (PVSA), most cruise ships cannot carry passengers from on US city to another unless they meet certain condition. These Princess cruise do not meet the conditions. Prncess would be transporting you from NYC to Fort Lauderdale and that is illegal. Your original post had said roundtrip NYC which would be legal.

Paul I think you got it right, NYC to FLL no good.

Does the 2nd cruise end in NYC or FLL?

If the routing is PQ to FLL then you cannot disembark in NYC if that is what you are trying to do

It is classed as 2 different cruises so what is the problem?

You will technically disembark in PQ then embark for the 2nd cruise.

As far as the US is concerned Princess would be transporting them from NYC to Fort Lauderdale. That violates the PVSA. Princess will not let you book this itinerary. If smeone manages to, it will likely be noted by the US. The passenger will be fined.

PVSA states that a foreign registered ship must either, picking up and unloading in the united states must either;

port A - <foreign port> - port A

or

port A - <foreign distant port> - port B

where <foreign distant port> doesn't include Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean.

PVSA states that a foreign registered ship must either, picking up and unloading in the united states must either;

port A - <foreign port> - port A

or

port A - <foreign distant port> - port B

where <foreign distant port> doesn't include Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean.

I hve read that Aruba is the closest foriegn port that would make the US Port A to US Port B legal. When talkiing the east coast ports.

We have gone from Boston to Montreal and then returned back to Boston on the same ship -- back-to-back cruises.

Never was a problem.

That s because you started and ended in the same US port and visited a foriegn port. OP wants to go from NYC to Fort Lauderdale. Since she only visits Canada, that is illegal,

Archived