I have a Question and maybe you have an answer

Himself

:D :D Doesn't matter, really.

I have a 'bunch' of posts but as you can see, they still have me in the 5,000+ group. Beats me why but I've never inquired as I don't think it means anything.

Btw, speaking of cool cruisers:

A young sailor was sitting in a bar having a few drinks when he looks over and sees a pirate. The pirate has a wooden peg-leg, a hook for a hand, and patch over his right eye.

Unable to resist, the sailor asks “How’d you end up with a peg-leg?”

“I was swept overboard during a fierce storm,” says the pirate. “and a bloody shark bit off me whole darn leg!”

“Holy cow!” said the sailor. “What about the hook, how’d you get that?”

“Me crew and I were boarding an enemy ship, a fierce sword battle ensued. One of them cut me darn arm off!”

“Absolutely incredible!” gasped the sailor. “And the eye patch, tell me how you got that?”

“A bloody seagull dropping fell into me eye,” replied the pirate.

“Umm, you lost your eye to a seagull dropping?” asked the sailor, admonished.

“It was me first day with the hook” the pirate answered embarassed

Thanks John - I really needed that laugh since I had been reading Kween Karen's posts re her problem with her TA. I can't imagine how stressed out she feels but I think I feel an ulcer coming on, on her behalf.

Valerie:D

Thanks for all the comments and now I gather it is 3000. I joined in September of 2000 and it has taken me this long to get 2000 posts. I will be 70 next month and so maybe I will make "Blue Ribbon" if I live to be 75. Thanks for the comments and for the entertaining posts.

What do you get for 100,000 posts?
They let you break all the rules without fear of getting banned -- advertise in your sig, get nasty with other posters, etc. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Thanks for all the comments and now I gather it is 3000. I joined in September of 2000 and it has taken me this long to get 2000 posts. I will be 70 next month and so maybe I will make "Blue Ribbon" if I live to be 75. Thanks for the comments and for the entertaining posts.

Well I joined quite a bit later than you did and I'm not that much further ahead in posts. I do a lot of lurking though and thoroughly enjoy reading the posts. I'm not holding my breath for the "magic" 3,000 number in my case.

Happy, happy 70th birthday next month (my husband's birthday was August 10th and he was a Prince amongst men). I'll be sure to read your 3,000 post when you hit the ripe old age of 75 - when I'll still be a few years younger than you (sorry - I couldn't resist that:D).

Valerie:)

Valerie:

I only have 968 posts to go and I will be there. Thanks for the Birthday wishes. I can't help it if I was born in 1939. I was born less than two weeks before Hitler marched on Poland and vividly remember every President of the US since Harry Truman.

When does a "Cool Cruiser" become a "Blue Ribbon Cruiser?"

I think when he duct tapes a couple cases of Pabst Beer together and smuggles them onboard :)

Babyher....you and Pipedreams should join up and take your act on the road. Neither of you ever miss a beat or a golden opportunity. Cool wits like yours keep me coming back to the HAL board.

Meanwhile, to Himself and the matter of posting....I joined shortly after you, and I'm still under 1,000. I think I have probably written and deleted more posts than I have submitted. In retrospect, I think I probably should have deleted a few more of them.:D

Babyher....you and Pipedreams should join up and take your act on the road. Neither of you ever miss a beat or a golden opportunity. Cool wits like yours keep me coming back to the HAL board.

Meanwhile, to Himself and the matter of posting....I joined shortly after you, and I'm still under 1,000. I think I have probably written and deleted more posts than I have submitted. In retrospect, I think I probably should have deleted a few more of them.:D

Well thank you very much Tricia :)

Hmmmmm maybe not "On the Road " , but if some cruise line (HELLO HELLO are you reading this HAL execs :)) would sign us on as a running act in one of their lounges and just pay us in back to back to back to back .... cruises , I think Pipedreams and I could be persuaded *LOL*

Archived