You Gotta Hear This One

dfhnis

We are booked on the Mercury Feb. 28. my TA forgot to make airport transfers. She tried today and was told they were booked up. We are WAIT LISTED. I must be dreaming how hard is it to get a van or even a cab if they cant fill a bus. Beside we are Captains Club ELITE but i guess that doesnt matter

Don head spinning

yeh Its from San Diego. I know I can jump a cab but it still bugs me how they can not be accommodating on such a small issue

Consider yourself lucky. It's so much faster and easier to take a cab in San Diego. Much cheaper too. If the buses they have for transfers are full I guess they could kick someone else off who booked earlier so you could go, but I really don't think that would be very nice, do you?:)

Consider yourself lucky. It's so much faster and easier to take a cab in San Diego. Much cheaper too. If the buses they have for transfers are full I guess they could kick someone else off who booked earlier so you could go, but I really don't think that would be very nice, do you?:)

i never intended or implied that any one be kicked off they offer transfers they should have them available end

I would imagine the reason you are WAITLISTED is because they want to see if there will be enough people to warrant another large bus. Since it's so easy to get to the ship from the airport, this would seem to be a prudent thing to do. You made it sound like you should have priority because you pointed out that you are an Elite CC member. I couldn't imagine why else you would mention that. I'm also an Elite member and if there's any way to avoid transfers on a bus I would certainly take it. It's always easier to take private transportation to the ship and usually less expensive. If you are leaving from Ensenada or another difficult foreign port it's good to use the transfers.:)

Much easier to take a taxi the short distance in San Diego.
Agreed. Not knowing how close the pier was to the airport, we used the ship transfers last September. From the sidewalk of the airport to the pier was about 45 minutes by ship transfer. By cab it would have been 10-15.

OTOH, it is a shame that the cruise line cannot acommodate a request like this. The transfers are what, about twenty bucks per person round trip? Cab is about ten for the two of you each way. They could stick you in a cab, have a happy passenger and pocket the difference.

I´m sure Ma Bell is right they put you on a wait list until there are enough people on the list to fill another bus.

However from San Diego airport the pier is in viewing distance. Like others before said don´t take the transfer. You´ll have to wait until the bus is filled and then you´ll arrive at the pier with a busload of people. All porters will be busy with so many people arriving at a time and sometimes, depending on when you arrive the buses have to wait in line until they are allowed to drop of luggage and passengers, because of the crowed that´s already there.

Definitely take a taxi, it´s cheaper, easier and faster. Even if several buses are in line they probably will allow a taxi in to drop off passengers.

JMO

If the issue is the customer service, then I agree, they should be more accomodating. If the issue is how to get to the pier from SAN--definitely take a cab--10 minutes, $10!!!! Just got back from this trip on the 6th--a cab is the ONLY way to go in San Diego!

Another vote for the cab here. The port is so close you will be able to see the ship from the airport. You could probably walk to the pier faster than the big transfer buses would take. Instead of getting angry about this, you should be thankful. Grab a cab, get there much faster than the bus and enjoy the fact you won't have to wait for the bus to fill up, unload, wait for your luggage to unload, wait in line with 100 other bus riders etc... Your TA did you a favor.

There is something "fishy" with the Mercury, Feb 28th cruise. It is red flagged. CC says it is overbooked. You can't book it at all...not even a guarentee.
It happens all the time, nothing fishy. When all the final payments are made you will probably see it magically reappear. Occasionally there is a change in plan, but most of the time it's just what they said...overbooked.

Archived