Whale found wrapped around bow of Sapphire Princess!

Fisherwoman

While it is sad that one of these beautiful creatures lost her life, all cruise lines respect marine regulations regarding speed and shipping lanes.

Regrettably, whales do not give much of a "ping" on the radar scope as they are not much larger than many of the deadheads that float in the waters off the the British Columbia coast and in Georgia Straight.

While it is unfortunate, it yet remains to be determined if the vessel (Sapphire) actually struck the mammal while she was alive or not.

Peoples' comments regarding sushi and Roseanne Barr are tactless and don't add anything credible to the discussion at hand.

Ciao for now!!!

http://www.canada.com/travel/Whale+dead+before+becoming+impaled+cruise+ship/1882927/story.html

Necropsy notes the whale had probably already been dead for 5-7 days before being struck.

Thanks for the link. I'm sorry for the whale, but glad that Princess isn't just indiscriminately running down whales... :rolleyes: I would think that all the cruise lines are very aware of the rules and do their best to avoid these types of collisions.

I'm sorry for the whale, but glad that Princess isn't just indiscriminately running down whales... :rolleyes: I would think that all the cruise lines are very aware of the rules and do their best to avoid these types of collisions.

Agree! Thanks for the link.

Archived