ez checkout

williewonka8

it,s in the cruise answer book. you pay a fee and they take your luggage to the airport and also print your boarding passes.

OK. Now I know what you're talking about. I've never done it and don't know why I'd want to.

I think they stopped doing this when the new baggage fees went into effect. Not sure though - How would they charge if the bags are overweight. We did it once before the fees went into effect. Booked a PM flight out of FLL - walked off the ship with our carryons and went to lunch on 17th st. then took a taxi to the airport.

Ron

My princess travel agent said they are still doing EZ Check. She said only certain airlines are participating. She also said the airlines must be the same for all connections too. I leave on Aug. 15th on the Golden and plan to use it. The fee is $15-20 per bag.

Scott

My princess travel agent said they are still doing EZ Check. She said only certain airlines are participating. She also said the airlines must be the same for all connections too. I leave on Aug. 15th on the Golden and plan to use it. The fee is $15-20 per bag.

Scott

I think Southwest may be the only one on the list - they have no baggage fees.

Ron

Scott

Don't think its per bag, I think its a 1 fee service.

We did EZ Check last year when we disembarked in Seward. Alaska Air was charging for overweight luggage at that time and we were pretty sure one of our bags was overweight but with EZ Check there didn't seem to be an issue. I don't think they even bother to weigh them when the cruise lines sends them over in mass. We figured that was an added perk for EZ Check.

The Star had it so I assume the Golden did.

I reported which airlines took advantage of it - you paid $20 fee plus a charge for baggage based on the airline. United didn't have a charge when I did this in July.

I will find my post that lists the airlines.

It was very much worth the fee as they send you your boarding passes on the ship and your luggage is taken care of.

Here are my notes from the Star Princess (also RT from Seattle):

I did receive the info about EZ Checkin and here are the airlines participating – Air Train, Alaska, American, Continental, Delta, Jet Blue, Northwest, United and US Airways. The cost is $20 plus the cost for each bag which is listed on the form. Ironically (and as reported earlier by others) - even though United does charge per bag – United does not have a bag charge on this form (all the others do for the second bag and most have for the first bag). I have to sign up by Thursday.

Several posters have noted they were not charged a bag fee or overweight fee.

OK, I'll try not to eat too much. Wouldn't want to be the first one that gets an overweight fee! Sorry Keith, once again, the devil made me do it! :eek::p

Archived