Best inside cabin on Mariner?

Ninner

That is an interesting question..and one that is rather unusual, since most cabin questions have to do with view, balcony size or location. My suggestion would be to go with the highest category or largest inside that you can afford. Have a great cruise. :) And Mariner has the Promenade view staterooms, that aren't much more than a standard inside. You would have a great view and a bay window for people watching and the parades then.

a perfect cabin would be something at the middle of the ship, close to the elevators, so you won't have to walk very far. It would also have cabins above and below it, so you won't hear loud noises. I like deck 6 or 7 because it is close to the promenade.

If you like to be close to the pool and windjammer, i would pick deck 8,9 or 10.

My suggestion would be to go with the highest category or largest inside that you can afford.

I tend to disagree. If there is a difference in size, that could be significant. However, I would not pay more simply to be on a higher deck. We often book category Q, and are quite happy knowing we are getting the best bang for the buck!

That is an interesting question..and one that is rather unusual, since most cabin questions have to do with view, balcony size or location. My suggestion would be to go with the highest category or largest inside that you can afford. Have a great cruise. :) And Mariner has the Promenade view staterooms, that aren't much more than a standard inside. You would have a great view and a bay window for people watching and the parades then.

I second this choice - great view and location . . . but let me give you another reason. Most or all non-promenade cabins on Voyager Class ships have beds that run along the side walls. If you want a queen bed made from the two twin beds, there is no room to get around the end of the bed - the desk is on one side and a small sofa is on the other. In the promenade rooms the bed is turned parallel to the window which provides ample room to get around the end of the bed. Plus you have a window seat in the window. Just remember the rooms across the promenade from you will have a great view into your room.

I tend to disagree. If there is a difference in size, that could be significant. However, I would not pay more simply to be on a higher deck. We often book category Q, and are quite happy knowing we are getting the best bang for the buck!

I'm sure you are correct. I just saw that Ninner's question had sunk to the bottom of the page without replies. Disagree away! :D

I've only been in balcony cabins on Mariner and larger ships with similar design and I have a balcony booked for my net cruise BUT...my 25 year old daughter and her college roommate went on Freedom of the Seas last year...and they were on a very tight budget...so, they originally booked an inside cabin...But, for a very minor amount, we moved them up to one of those Promenade View cabins...They were SO HAPPY that they changed to that category...a world of difference from an inside cabin (My daughter's previous cruise she was in an inside on the Monarch)...They absolutely loved the Promenade View--being able to look out onto the Royal Promenade and check out what was happening on board...The price differential was MINIMAL...

I've sailed in 3 inside cabins on the Mariner and liked 1235 the best. It is by itself up in the front of the ship & very quiet. I liked it better than the Promenade cabin 8283.

Happy sailing !! :)

Inside Promenade view is the way to go. I recommend cabin 7551, because it overlooks the Promenade right at the coffee area...sorry I can't think of the name, but everyone goes there for free coffee and cookies.:D

oops I am sailing on Mariner and have promenade cabin reserved so your posting was of particular interest to me...BUT...I could not see a promenade cabin 7551...could you have made a typo??? Sounded like you were in an excellent location. thanks

First, I agree with the majority here: If you could move to an inside promenade room for just a few dollars, it'd be worthwhile. I've never sailed in an inside room, but I do have issues with being "enclosed" and I don't think I could do without a window. I know that makes no sense whatsoever, but I feel anxious if I'm enclosed completely. I just bought a slightly-tight sweatshirt on my last vacation, and though it sounds incredibly stupid, I found myself worrying a little about getting stuck in it and being unable to get out. Totally, totally not realistic.

But back to the question . . .

If I were choosing an inside room, I'd choose something on the 10th floor towards the middle, near the elevators. This would put you one flight of stairs from the pool and the buffet and right next to the elevators.

Last October my Mom and I shared a balcony cabin on the hump. My daughter and SIL shared cabin 7433. It is directly behind the library in a very quiet center hallway. The first time they went to the cabin the steward made sure they knew they could use the door at the back of the library as a shortcut.

Very little movement, very convenient location, but they did spend a lot of time with us on the balcony. If a promenade had been only a few dollars more then we might have considered it.

Inside Promenade view is the way to go. I recommend cabin 7551, because it overlooks the Promenade right at the coffee area...sorry I can't think of the name, but everyone goes there for free coffee and cookies.:D

My husband and I have stayed in this room and love it. As mentioned it overlooks the Cafe Promenade. Can't beat it.

oops I am sailing on Mariner and have promenade cabin reserved so your posting was of particular interest to me...BUT...I could not see a promenade cabin 7551...could you have made a typo??? Sounded like you were in an excellent location. thanks

I also thought that this was the promenade cabin that we had. I must have memorized it incorrectly. I'll check and post again.

a perfect cabin would be something at the middle of the ship, close to the elevators, so you won't have to walk very far. It would also have cabins above and below it, so you won't hear loud noises. I like deck 6 or 7 because it is close to the promenade.

If you like to be close to the pool and windjammer, i would pick deck 8,9 or 10.

Our daughters were in Mariner 7637, and it was the first interior, aft of the hump, on the port side. There's a utility closet that the cabin stewards use right next to the cabin, and they said they heard a lot of noise (talking, banging around) early morning each day.

I also thought that this was the promenade cabin that we had. I must have memorized it incorrectly. I'll check and post again.

thanks now I am really hoping to find out.....the cabin number of this DESIRABLE location....chris

Archived