Available Cabins on Ship

deannasch

I find this interesting... This morning there were a total of 77 cabins available on our sailing. Tonight there are 104, and we are 44 days from sailing. Do cabins just magically appear?

I am guessing that some cabins are reserved in blocks by some big Travel Agencies and then when those cabins do not book, they go back into the pool.

Also, there is a limit as to how many cabins are posted on any given website.

Fred

There's no site that lists ALL the available cabins. All use the same database and all list a maximum of 10 cabins per sub-category (4A, 4B, 4C, etc); if you're close to sailaway and they are showing less than 10 cabins then you're OK, but if they show 10 cabins then you don't know if there are 11, 20 or 30 more cabins available in that sub-category. ken

There's no site that lists ALL the available cabins. All use the same database and all list a maximum of 10 cabins per sub-category (4A, 4B, 4C, etc); if you're close to sailaway and they are showing less than 10 cabins then you're OK, but if they show 10 cabins then you don't know if there are 11, 20 or 30 more cabins available in that sub-category. ken

I agree. That site is just like all the rest except it is not a US site. It is priced in Euros and the price includes tips.

NO cruiseline wants their competition to be able to just click on line and see how sales are going.

How many cabin are left doesn't matter. They WILL fill them somehow. If you want a certain cabin, call CCL or a TA and ask if the cabin is open.

I find this interesting... This morning there were a total of 77 cabins available on our sailing. Tonight there are 104, and we are 44 days from sailing. Do cabins just magically appear?

where did u find the info for ur sailing id like to check ours.

I don't think any one travel agency has any idea what another travel agency is doing.

I get multiple quotes from an online agency that has many agencies in its stable . . . from within the SAME comglomerate agency, I get quotes from $620-$995 for identical cruises and categories from the independent agents . . . some even state "there are no cabins available" ! ! :rolleyes: and suggest a different date. I think when they do this they are only speaking for themselves and haven't a clue what any other agency may be holding.

I would be highly suspect of any agent saying, "these are the only cabins available" as trying to prevent you from seeking other sources of information.;)

I don't think any one travel agency has any idea what another travel agency is doing.

I get multiple quotes from an online agency that has many agencies in its stable . . . from within the SAME comglomerate agency, I get quotes from $620-$995 for identical cruises and categories from the independent agents . . . some even state "there are no cabins available" ! ! :rolleyes: and suggest a different date. I think when they do this they are only speaking for themselves and haven't a clue what any other agency may be holding.

I would be highly suspect of any agent saying, "these are the only cabins available" as trying to prevent you from seeking other sources of information.;)

Aoogha!! Aoogha!! We have a winner!

I agree. That site is just like all the rest except it is not a US site. It is priced in Euros and the price includes tips.

NO cruiseline wants their competition to be able to just click on line and see how sales are going.

How many cabin are left doesn't matter. They WILL fill them somehow. If you want a certain cabin, call CCL or a TA and ask if the cabin is open.

When I checked out "that site" earlier I noticed one of the 10 staterooms it showed available for a category was a cabin right next to ours that some friends had wanted to book. Several days ago, when they called in and booked with Carnival the closest available cabin was about 10 doors down from us. I looked on the Carnival website and sure enough, that cabin was available there too. So our friends were able to call Carnival and do a lateral room switcheroo. I guess someone in that cabin upgraded or canceled. Anyway, now our group is all right next door to each other. Yay! :)

I'm glad I read this thread. It hadn't occured to me to keep checking back.

:confused:I guess discussing other travel sites is taboo, as I see that those posts have been deleted from this thread. Sorry CC

Archived