Cabanas in Half Moon Cay

Archie's Mom

My husband and I will visit HMC for the first time with the Noordam, arriving on Jan. 15. I am a bit confused about the cabanas. Are they worth the cost and what do the various colors mean? We are most excited about our aft suite on the Noordam and would stay on board that day, but pictures of the beach look wonderful. Suggestions and explanations needed. Also, anyone ridden the horses? My husband worked on a ranch 45 years ago and longs to ride again, but is this really riding?

The color designation designates the cabana's location on the map, as well as the actual color its painted. There is a covered dining area, with table and chairs, a fridge, windows, and a deck area with two large lounges, and a fan with a water mister, and a shower to rinse off the saltwater. As for value, I guess it depends on definition. I love having the shade, and privacy available. If you add the butler package, all your drinks, snacks, and lunch are brought right to your table. Half Moon has such a gorgeous beach, and to me the cabana just adds that touch of luxury to the experience. We had the stern wrap-around suite on the Westerdam last spring, and have the identical cabin aboard the Zuiderdam coming up for next March, and love the balcony, but wouldn't miss our cabana experience for anything. ;)

We had the tourquoise cabana and thought it was defintiely worth the cost. Because we could get out of the sun, had AC to keep cool, the shower to rise off salt water, we stayed much longer than otherwise, if in the sun and on the sand. LOVED the cabana!

In the past there have been several threads on theses cabanas, showing there locations. Perhaps someone here can direct you to that info or perhaps they have a map they can post.

How much do the cabanas cost?

Thanks....Bill

For our October Transatlantic cruise, the HMC cabana is $299.00. That's for up to four guests.

And the $299 is an increase over the prices in the past couple of years....

The Butler Package is an upgrade above the $299...

if you can afford the cabana...do it!!! it's well worth the investment. most cruisers who have enjoyed Half Moon Cay call it paradise (and it is noted as the best private island in the cruise industry)...so don't sit on your aft veranda all day...you will miss one of the best cruise experiences.

the cabanas also provide your choice of sodas, bottled water, fresh fruit and chips/salsa. You also get floats and snorkeling gear. I wait for one of the bar servers coming down the beach with those yummy frozen drinks, purchase one, then go float in the crystal clear water. Doesn't get much better than that! (unless of couse you opt for the Butler package).

We had the gray cabana last March on the Westerdam.It was well worth the price,you get priority tender service with the cabana also.We were off the ship on the first tender over.The night before we arrived at HMC we got lime green stickers to wear so the crew could identify us as cabana people,they will also ask you what kind of drinks you prefer..soda type etc...You check in at this little hut then they give you a ride to your cabana.We stayed all day.HMC is not to be missed,very nice island.Mike.

We had the gray cabana last March on the Westerdam.It was well worth the price,you get priority tender service with the cabana also.We were off the ship on the first tender over.The night before we arrived at HMC we got lime green stickers to wear so the crew could identify us as cabana people,they will also ask you what kind of drinks you prefer..soda type etc...You check in at this little hut then they give you a ride to your cabana.We stayed all day.HMC is not to be missed,very nice island.Mike.

Nice! I like the idea of the green stickers and the ride to the cabana. We booked the yellow cabana for our January cruise on the Westerdam. I'm looking forward to this more and more. :D

Connie

Just heard from a friend who will be on the Eurodam in January. She sent her itinerary and it seems the Eurodam will also be at HMC on Jan. 15 along with the Noordam. So I assume that is about 4,000 people max if both ships are full. So am I missing something or are there only 15 total cabanas? Will the island be as crowded as the number makes it seem?

Just heard from a friend who will be on the Eurodam in January. She sent her itinerary and it seems the Eurodam will also be at HMC on Jan. 15 along with the Noordam. So I assume that is about 4' date='000 people max if both ships are full. So am I missing something or are there only 15 total cabanas? Will the island be as crowded as the number makes it seem?[/quote']I think a lot of people assume the island will be crowded, and stay on the ships! :p We've been there with two Vistas. We went early, ate early, and went back to ship. No crowd problem at all!! :)

Enjoy the eggshell cabana, we booked that one on our last trip in April. I thought the location was very convenient. If I remember correctly, it was centrally located-- not to close to the tender area, and not too far at the other end of the beach. It also had easy access to restrooms and path to food pavillion.

Have a wonderful cruise!

- Colleen

Enjoy the eggshell cabana, we booked that one on our last trip in April. I thought the location was very convenient. If I remember correctly, it was centrally located-- not to close to the tender area, and not too far at the other end of the beach. It also had easy access to restrooms and path to food pavillion.

Have a wonderful cruise!

- Colleen

Do you know anything about the location of the yellow cabana? We booked it for our January cruise (Westerdam).

Connie

Hi Connie,

I don't remember the exact location of the yellow cabana, but I know it was past the eggshell one going towards the end of the beach. It may be a further walk, but I think it gets less crowded the further you go.

All the cabanas are lovely. Have a great time.

- Colleen

How do you book the cabanas? Will they come up on the website as a shore excursion? I'm not going until November next year, but I don't want to miss out. :)

Yes, they will come up as a shore excursion. In the past, they booked up pretty quickly ... so, suggest you check shore ex maybe 6-8 months out, and keep checking til they appear on the site if you really, realy want one.

I just checked my shorex invoice for our Gray cabana, and the price is $299.00 for the cabana, and $279.00 for the butler package which includes unlimited drinks (well booze) beer and wine, special snacks, for up to four people. On our last cruise our butler was Paval, a waiter in the Pinnacle grill, and being HMC was our first port on our first full cruise day out of Lauderdale, we had the best service ever when we ate dinner there throughout the week.;) Paval made sure of it!:D

Is there a good way to post here about sharing a cabana? I'll be by myself and would love to split expenses and fun with other people. Or, is it best to put up a notice on the ship?

Why not post to that effect on your cruise meets thread?

Cabanas often book in advance. Know for October cruise, they have been sold out for some time.

Thanks, would that be in the Roll Call forum? I haven't posted for this cruise there yet, since it's November of next year. It's funny to be planning for next year's cruise, when I haven't even gone on the one for this year yet! LOL

• 1 month later...
You convinced me! Just took the eggshell cabana. Thanks for all the info and the list of colors. I was surprised how many were already booked.

We'll be neighbors! We're in Green #10. I reserved the cabana as soon as I had our booking # back in June, and when I checked the shorex list several weeks later, I was surprised to see that there were still a few available. Looks like they've now all been spoken for.

Archived