How do I find out if a huge group will be on board?

I wonder why Explorer is not listed on that first link. :confused: Oh well, I usually use Google to find groups. This one I found on my Explorer cruise in October....should be interesting. I'd never heard of "Unschooling"...learn something new everyday!

http://www.alumnicruises.org/HotS/HotS_Unschool_09/hots_oct09_HOME.htm

I too LOL'd at the fact that the 11/1 Liberty sailing has knitters on board. I'm actually on that sailing so if you're coming amybeth, welcome!

Our last cruise had a group of Santa's that all had natural beards. They were easy to spot and actually very fun to watch during activities.

I just wanted to say thank you all for this thread! The information and the humour has been great! I'l use this info to check all my upcoming cruises from now on. Although I don't know how big / what kind of a group it would have to be to make me want to cancel...

Maybe a group of 2000 knitting Elvis-impersonating Trekkies on motorcycles would do it. ;)

Been on a cruise with the bikers...never stood-out...never even noticed them.... I guess they were just trying to enjoy themselves on their vacation with their kids, just like everyone else.:);)

...only took notice when they exited the ship on bikes, which was nothing.

How cool!!! I would love to see a bunch of Hogs exiting the ship!!

My only question - where did they keep their bikes? The bikers that I know are so anal about where they keep their bikes that I can't see them keeping the bikes in the hull of the ship somewhere, but can't see them keeping the bike in their room either. Maybe they bought a cabin for their bike???;)

Sail Date: 2009-10-17 Cruise Line: Royal Caribbean Ship: Jewel Destination: Canada and New England Keyword: quilting Contact: http://www.sewmanyplaces.com/ Group ID: 146

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sail Date: 2009-10-19 Cruise Line: Royal Caribbean Ship: Voyager Destination: Mexico Riviera Keyword: Scrapbooking Cruise Contact: http://www.creative-cruises.com Group ID: 310

I noticed there's a Soap Opera lovers cruise on Celebrity the first week of January, when we're thinking of going on a cruise...While I love my General Hospital, I don't think my bf would go for that.

Oooh... another GH fan... :D I've been watching that show for about 25 years... DVR it every day...

If I had to choose one I think I'd rather be on board with the bikers. They are strong enough to protect you if anything bad happens, all the ones I have known are very fun and friendly ( though a bit rowdy) , And they won't actually be rideing around the ship. HOWEVER the knitters would be more laid back and probably think you were loud and rowdy..LOL. Not to mention they WOULD have their knitting needles with them. And I've seen those needles in action...LOL!!

I created such a fun thread! Thanks everyone!

Cruisini, tell me about you and who you're cruising with since we'll be on the same ship.

I DID read on some thread that a huge pile of NJ teens or something nUtTy will be onboard. Great, just what I need...freakin' teenagers. Knitters. Bikers. Soap opera fans. Maybe I should charter a yacht.

KIDDING! :)

I created such a fun thread! Thanks everyone!

Cruisini, tell me about you and who you're cruising with since we'll be on the same ship.

I DID read on some thread that a huge pile of NJ teens or something nUtTy will be onboard. Great, just what I need...freakin' teenagers. Knitters. Bikers. Soap opera fans. Maybe I should charter a yacht.

KIDDING! :)

Oh, isn't there something like "New Jersey week" or something? Maybe ChristieNJ can enlighten us on this. I think that all schools in NJ have a certain week off school, and a bunch of them go on cruises. I know I've seen it talked about on here.

I think soap opera fans might be the most extreme fans to cruise with. They are hard core. But there would be some good looking men on the boat! :)

Oh, isn't there something like "New Jersey week" or something? Maybe ChristieNJ can enlighten us on this. I think that all schools in NJ have a certain week off school, and a bunch of them go on cruises. I know I've seen it talked about on here.

I think soap opera fans might be the most extreme fans to cruise with. They are hard core. But there would be some good looking men on the boat! :)

Jersey week is one of the first weeks in Nov, it is officially teacher's conference break but the not really used for that by the majority.

Greeeeaaaaaaat. Just what a New Yorker wants...to be surrounded by Jerseyites. Yeesh.

KIDDING!!!!

I'm sure it won't be that noticeable at all. Must be nice, though. A week off from school 3 weeks before Thanksgiving break!

Greeeeaaaaaaat. Just what a New Yorker wants...to be surrounded by Jerseyites. Yeesh.

KIDDING!!!!

I'm sure it won't be that noticeable at all. Must be nice, though. A week off from school 3 weeks before Thanksgiving break!

It is actually a thursday and friday, if I remember correctly. My mom was a Jersey teacher for 30+ years in Wayne.

It's all to do with the numbers of any group. We cruised when there was a singles group on board, and the only inconvenience was that occasionally rooms were booked by them.

It did however, make for wonderful entertainment in the MDR as they all 'speed dined' and changed seating and tables every night. It was great fun trying to pair the prospective daters off.

Ellelove, the froggy one is here and getting ready for her cruise with the HOHS who are now the High Seas Rally group, or High Seas Cruisers which includes us non-ralliers. Carolyn and i are looking forward to this. it really is going to be fun. As the group says, lots of empty seats in the theate cause that's when they have their events going on.

i have read some stuff about last year's cruise, and it was all good. No bikes this year, I think. The charitable works these people do is phenominal, especially for dialysis. Can't say enuff good things. As a toad, i hae asked if it is okay to play with them, and I got a thumbs up, so I am really excited, and I've gotten my black leather out. Nothing like a fluffy toad in leather, ask Wayne and Tink and Nealee:D

Have a good cruise. Gotta go ketchup on my other stuff TaTa for now,

Ms Toad

That is a good question, as I would not want to be on a cruise with over half the people belonged to the same group. Can I ask another question pretaining to a large group. When I went to You Tube to see some videos of Freedom of the Seas, I noticed one video that showed the deck by the pool, and it was packed with all men. Not a single women. It was a gay cruise. I have nothing against the gays, but I do not want to be on that ship.( I think they made a comedy movie like that). We just would not fit in. So the question is, are the gay cruises even offered to the public, or are they like private charters.

The cruise you saw a video of was a full-ship charter. Sometimes there are large groups of gay men and lesbians on unchartered ships, but never anything close to a majority.

Archived