deck 8 inside cabin

Dr65

We are planning a cruise on the Nautica next summer and have cabin #8039 reserved. Any opinions on deck 8 vs. deck 7 insides? Is there much noise from pool deck above? Thanks, Dr65

We were in 8012 (I think) last year. We heard no noise whatsoever and the cabin let in no light. The difference of being on deck 8 versus deck 7 is that you get your luggage quicker and your cabin is available sooner on the day of embarkation since they ready the cabins according to floor and deck 8 is a penthouse floor. It was our first time on a cruise ship so we were clueless at that time.

We are planning a cruise on the Nautica next summer and have cabin #8039 reserved. Any opinions on deck 8 vs. deck 7 insides? Is there much noise from pool deck above? Thanks, Dr65

We had an inside cabin on deck 7 (Nautica) last year & was very quiet, this time I requested for the same deck but it is overbooked so my TA gave us a cabin on deck 8, hopefully everything will be fine according to comments here by members. Also, one thing I noticed that when checking in, they have a separate aisle for Concierge level (which is deck 7), so checking in was very quick. I also like the idea that the laundry room is on that deck, if there is a line up, I can easily check. Hope this helps.

Hi, we cruised on Nautica in stateroom 7050 and the inside cabins are quiet and very comfortable. Loved it so much we are again booked into 7050 for the Hong Kong - Athens cruise next year.

If you're on an Oceania ship you won't regret any choice of cabin.

When in 7050, did you hear any noise from the other ajoining inside cabins( on another post, there was mention of toilet flushing)?

Thanks.

I think on most ships that is a problem no matter what cabin location you have.

Lyn

Hi

We were in 7050 on Regatta - and really enjoyed it. If you are claustrophobic at all use the TV and tune it to the BridgeCam channel and it will seem like a window.

We did overhear some other passengers suggesting they would avoid the end of deck 7 near the laundry - a bit noisy some afternoons - and a soap smell in corridor?

Not our experience in our stateroom however.

Les

When in 7050, did you hear any noise from the other ajoining inside cabins( on another post, there was mention of toilet flushing)?

Thanks.

It was possible to hear the toilet flushing sometimes but we kept the bathroom door shut during the night so it didn't worry us at all.

• 3 weeks later...
We had an inside cabin on deck 7 (Nautica) last year & was very quiet, this time I requested for the same deck but it is overbooked so my TA gave us a cabin on deck 8, hopefully everything will be fine according to comments here by members. Also, one thing I noticed that when checking in, they have a separate aisle for Concierge level (which is deck 7), so checking in was very quick. I also like the idea that the laundry room is on that deck, if there is a line up, I can easily check. Hope this helps.

Hi,

We are booked into 7050 for the Hong Kong - Athens cruise on Nautica next year which is an inside stateroom - do we receive concierge 'perks' as well?

Hi,

We are booked into 7050 for the Hong Kong - Athens cruise on Nautica next year which is an inside stateroom - do we receive concierge 'perks' as well?

good question

technically just the A CAT are concierge but ....

we know people that were in the C1's & got the bag of goodies

Lyn

Hi,

I don't think so, we didn't get any other perks except the quick check-in line-up for "concierge level only" which we took advantage of.

Happy sailing.:)

Archived