Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

For very casual dining, head to Beach Place, about 4 blocks south on A1A. Lulu's has good food. The CVS is there too. There are a few restaurants past there in that area but I only would recommend H2O.

Thanks royalcruz! You're information is so helpful in planning our trip!!

Hi All, in the past I've always traveled with a big group and had transportation from the cruiseship back to the airport prearranged. This time its just 2 of us and I am wondering if it will be hard to just walk off the ship and find a van from Port Everglades to Miami airport?

Thanks!

Hi!

We are thrilled to be booked on Liberty of the Seas on Nov 10, and now I am trying to make plans for a pre-cruise night, transportation to the port, etc, etc... all the usual questions! We are 3 adults, plus two boys, 7 & 8 yrs. Looking for advice on a reasonable but comfortable place to stay and uncomplicated airport and cruise ship shuttle/transfer!

Hi All, in the past I've always traveled with a big group and had transportation from the cruiseship back to the airport prearranged. This time its just 2 of us and I am wondering if it will be hard to just walk off the ship and find a van from Port Everglades to Miami airport?

Thanks!

It's easy to find a taxi. I'm not sure about getting a shuttle without a reservation.

Hi!

We are thrilled to be booked on Liberty of the Seas on Nov 10, and now I am trying to make plans for a pre-cruise night, transportation to the port, etc, etc... all the usual questions! We are 3 adults, plus two boys, 7 & 8 yrs. Looking for advice on a reasonable but comfortable place to stay and uncomplicated airport and cruise ship shuttle/transfer!

There are a bunch of suite hotels near the airport: Homewood, Fairfield, Springhill. Check with the hotels regarding available shuttle services. Hyatt Place north is in a better location and has minisuites and low cost shuttle. People get good rates there on valuetrips.

It's easy to find a taxi. I'm not sure about getting a shuttle without a reservation.

Hi Royalcruz...this is just OT for a moment....I had been using the

search feature for a cabin and your name showed up:)

Did you have cabin 6240 on your recent cruise? Just wondering

if I could get some first hand thoughts about it....I am going on

Equinox in May and have that same cabin:D

Hi Royalcruz...this is just OT for a moment....I had been using the

search feature for a cabin and your name showed up:)

Did you have cabin 6240 on your recent cruise? Just wondering

if I could get some first hand thoughts about it....I am going on

Equinox in May and have that same cabin:D

6240 was awesome! Bed by the balcony and the balcony was huge and no wind. In fact, on a chilly day our balcony was the warmest spot we could find on the ship. The room was very quiet, yet really close to the elevators and internet cafe.

Hi RoyalCruz :)

This is my 1st post but I've been lurking here for the past year. Do you know by any chance the cheapest way of getting from South Beach (or Miami Airport) to Port Everglades. There will be 6 adults altogether. I was looking at the Trirail but it seems an awful lot of hassle.

Also, would you recommend Bags to Go as our flight home is late in the evening? :)

Thanks for reading

roylalcruz: Do you happen to know the name of the little Italian restaurant on 17th near Bimini Boatyard & the Renaissance hotel. It is in a little strip mall & there is a Cold stream Creamery near it as well. We ate there last year but can't remember the name.thanks in advance.

6240 was awesome! Bed by the balcony and the balcony was huge and no wind. In fact, on a chilly day our balcony was the warmest spot we could find on the ship. The room was very quiet, yet really close to the elevators and internet cafe.

Thanks so much:) Hope you don't mind but I am posting your

answer over on the Celebrity forum:)....one of the gals over there

posted a question about this cabin too:D

For $20 you can use Luggage Valet from the ship--for flights after 11:30 AM. Works great and they provide your boarding pass also.

Thanks Truffles, it seems they only provide this service for US final destinations only and we're flying to Ireland. I think we're going to do the Hollywood pass for 40 dollars and they'll take us to the airport at the end of that.

After doing a bit of research last night, I think it would be cheaper for us to get a minivan taxi for 75 dollars from Mia to Port Everglades? I'm still not sure, would love to know if anyone knows any better?

Hi RoyalCruz :)

This is my 1st post but I've been lurking here for the past year. Do you know by any chance the cheapest way of getting from South Beach (or Miami Airport) to Port Everglades. There will be 6 adults altogether. I was looking at the Trirail but it seems an awful lot of hassle.

Also, would you recommend Bags to Go as our flight home is late in the evening? :)

Thanks for reading

The cheapest transportation is probably by rental van.

I've seen good feedback on Bags to Go.

roylalcruz: Do you happen to know the name of the little Italian restaurant on 17th near Bimini Boatyard & the Renaissance hotel. It is in a little strip mall & there is a Cold stream Creamery near it as well. We ate there last year but can't remember the name.thanks in advance.

Bravo Italiano

I'm looking for a hotel with shuttle to/from the airport, and shuttle to/from cruise port, and let us park there for the week. Our cruise is in March. Not at all familiar with Fort Lauderdale. Any help will be much appreciated.

Look at the airport area Hampton Inns and LaQuinta. Sleep Inn offers this but might charge a small fee for parking. Hyatt Place south has these services but has a charge for port shuttle. Always call the hotels directly to verify policies if not clear on the websites.

Hey there....just found this thread ....started reading from page 1 and realized how many pages there are....

Questions:

We are looking for a hotel post cruise for two days....would like to be on the beach if possible with a really nice pool....and have good restaurant choices...is this asking too much? Also would like to avoid paying an arm and a leg....never used a name your own price site....

Thanks for any help you can give!!!!!

Hey there....just found this thread ....started reading from page 1 and realized how many pages there are....

Questions:

We are looking for a hotel post cruise for two days....would like to be on the beach if possible with a really nice pool....and have good restaurant choices...is this asking too much? Also would like to avoid paying an arm and a leg....never used a name your own price site....

Thanks for any help you can give!!!!!

If you are coming after April and before October the prices will be the lowest. The Fort Lauderdale beach hotels near restaurants are:Bahia Mar Doubletree, Sheraton(a little further from stuff), Courtyard, Marriott Beach Place, Ritz Carlton, Westin, W, and Hilton. None of them have great pools but they are nice enough and they are within a reasonable walk to restaurants. The greatest pool on the beach is at Westin Diplomat in the city of Hollywood.

We may fly into West Palm out of necessity due to not many routes available March 2 and 11th. Does anyone know if you can get a shuttle from airport in West Palm to Port Everglades, or is that too far?

I'm not at all familiar with the area.

Thanks.

Supershuttle charges $64pp. A taxi would be about $120 for the carload. These prices are before tips. The cheapest way would be by car rental but not as convenient as jumping in a taxi and going.

Edited by royalcruz

We are goin to be in Fll from when we disembark on Feb26 to when we leave very early on the 28th. We are booked at the Embassy Suites on 17th.

What to do? We thought about the Museum of Science and Discovery. Maybe a water taxi ride. (can we take the water taxi to the museum? how far of a walk, and is it safe?) The Sun trolley might be an idea too. Not beach people; generally not mall people.

Any ideas of how to fill 2 days?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions (and direction/info)

Edited by Allis154

We are goin to be in Fll from when we disembark on Feb26 to when we leave very early on the 28th. We are booked at the Embassy Suites on 17th.

What to do? We thought about the Museum of Science and Discovery. Maybe a water taxi ride. (can we take the water taxi to the museum? how far of a walk, and is it safe?) The Sun trolley might be an idea too. Not beach people; generally not mall people.

Any ideas of how to fill 2 days?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions (and direction/info)

It's about 6 blocks to the water taxi, get off at Las Olas Riverfront, walk a block north to SW 2nd St, and walk about 3 blocks west to MUDS. Fort Lauderdale is a beach/shopping/dining town. There is a multiplex cinema at Las Olas Riverfront and an Imax theatre at MUDS. The downtown area (2nd St and Las Olas Blvds) is a nice strolling town.

Hyatt Place south is much newer. Hyatt Place north is reputed to have some rooms with odors. North is very close to Total Wine and at least a dozen restaurants. South is close to Kmart, Barnes & Noble, discount stores and a few chain restaurants.

I booked the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center, I assume that is the NORTH location. After seeing the comment below I am nervous ? I booked through secure123 website.

4 Star for $119

Includes:

Hotel and Parking Pkg.

One Night Hotel Accommodation

Free Airport Shuttle

Free parking up to 14 days. Free round trip airport and cruiseport shuttle service. Free breakfast. Free internet.

I was thinking of driving to Florida but I am flying now. I don't need the parking anymore. My cruise is April 21. Should I get a different hotel ? Since I am going to be there 3 days Pre-cruise I was thinking of getting a CONDO or something ?

I booked the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center, I assume that is the NORTH location. After seeing the comment below I am nervous ? I booked through secure123 website.

4 Star for $119

Includes:

Hotel and Parking Pkg.

One Night Hotel Accommodation

Free Airport Shuttle

Free parking up to 14 days. Free round trip airport and cruiseport shuttle service. Free breakfast. Free internet.

I was thinking of driving to Florida but I am flying now. I don't need the parking anymore. My cruise is April 21. Should I get a different hotel ? Since I am going to be there 3 days Pre-cruise I was thinking of getting a CONDO or something ?

Most people are very happy with Hyatt Place North. Check Trip Advisor reviews. If you are staying for 3 days, a better location would be Riverside Hotel or something on the beach within a mile of Las Olas Blvd, as these are more vacation-like and you can walk a lot from there or take water taxis.

Hi, We're planning on cruising on Oct 28, the same wkend as the Boat Show. Any suggestions as to how far out of town we should stay on Saturday night, Oct 27? We usually stay at the HI Express on SE17 or at the Riverside, but I noticed they are priced about $100 more than 'normal'.

Maybe we should rent a car, we usually dont when we cruise from Ft Lauderdale?

Any chance that the prices will go down if bookings are lower than expected for the hotels near the waterway (SE17th ST, ect)?

Or is this just a bad idea and we should cruise from somewhere else on this week?

Thanks!