Refunds for shore excursions??

tdggal1980

Hi All,

If you pre book your shore excursions through Carnival and when it's time to go and the weather is bad will Carnival fully refund your money should you decide not to do it? I understand they will if the excursion is cancelled but if the weather is not bad enough for them to cancel it but you do not want to go can you get your money back?

Just wondering -thanks!

Based upon my experience, the only time you would get a refund is

1) cruise line cancels

or

2) you STRONGLY felt the excursion was misrepresented in the description, were VERY unhappy with it, and complained FORCIBLY to the front desk

Hi All,

If you pre book your shore excursions through Carnival and when it's time to go and the weather is bad will Carnival fully refund your money should you decide not to do it? I understand they will if the excursion is cancelled but if the weather is not bad enough for them to cancel it but you do not want to go can you get your money back?

Just wondering -thanks!

Once you are on board the ship any cancellation will have a 25% penalty. Once you are within 24 hours of arriving at the port where the excursion is scheduled you can not get any refund.

Unless they cancel the excursion you are SOL.

Once you are on board the ship any cancellation will have a 25% penalty. Once you are within 24 hours of arriving at the port where the excursion is scheduled you can not get any refund.

Yep, that's why I prefer to just wait until we get on the ship DW!:D

I have a question: On another cruise line a long time ago, you could cancel within 24 hour and get a refund without any penalties. For example, you board the ship on Monday and your excursion is on Friday. You could cancel on Thursday (while on the ship) and get a full refund. Is this not true for Carnival? Thanks!

I was just on the Destiny last weekend. We had a snorkeling excusrsion booked through Carnival for Key West. The temp was in the high 50's so the guide gathered us together to let us know that the visibility hadn't been good for snorkeling in the days prior so she gave us the option to back out and cancel which is what we did for a 100% refund by taking our tickets to the shore excursion desk.

On the Freedom a few weeks ago our Key West snorkeling excursion was canceled. We had a note slipped under our door that morning and the money was credited on our Sail and Sign cards.

I defer to others on what happens if you choose to cancel.

Have fun! :)

A few years back we did have to cancel the day of we were both sick and were unable to go on the Kayaks we had planned we did cancel and we had to pay 25% for the cancellation but at least received some of the cost back.

Because local weather conditions are always unknown, we don't pre-book any excursions ahead of time. I know they try to scare you into beleiveing that some tours sell out fast, but honestly, have you ever been in a port without a couple of hundred people trying to sell you a tour? There are always lots of choices (usually cheaper) at the ports and lots of options that are FREE...we prefer to find our own tours and or our own locations to go to. We do A LOT of reasearch ahead of time so we have an idea of where we want to go and how much it should cost. IMHO

On my 13th Carnival Cruise, a Belize snorkelling excursion was cancelled a day prior due to a lack of participants! 85% of the cruisers on the Miracle 1/15/10 cruise were over 75 yrs old and many could barely walk, so this was understandable. The refund showed on our S&S acct immediately.(BTW, I'm almost 60, so this is not an agism issue. See my review "Geriatric Cruise" on this website.)

A few years ago on the Spirit we canceled one of our excursions. My husband wasn't feeling good the night before we were to go on it. I went to the excursions deck and told them that he wasn't feeling good and if it would be possible to cancel. They canceled it for both of us and gave us a full refund. Guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

A few weeks ago I booked an exursion to go to the beach with Carnival in Costa Myer , and because it was a cool day and under current was strong we had the choice to go or not , we chose not to go and we got a full refund,(( 40.00 each) our friends went and it turned out nice after all, so Carnival was more then fair on that one.

Iv paid for a "excursion" that I didnt do, because you dont know the weather is bad until the day of the excursion. It was a beach excursion and the temps dropped 20 degrees, way too cold to me to swim. Just that one day (and it was in January so Im not complaining). ... but I did pay for it.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Shore_Excursions_FAQs/shore_ex_faq_CancellationPolicy.aspx

What is the cancellation and refund policy in the event of bad weather or unexpected circumstances?

Certain excursions have minimum guest participation requirements and shore excursions may be cancelled or modified depending on the number of guests participating. In the event of cancellation or modification of an excursion, best efforts will be made to provide advance notice. Shore excursions may be cancelled by Carnival or the Tour Operator due to inclement weather conditions, or any other reason whatsoever. Full refunds will be made to guests who purchased excursions which get cancelled. If the shore excursions are cancelled prior to the sailing, you will receive a refund directly to the credit card used to pay for the shore excursion order. If the shore excursions are cancelled while onboard, the amount of the refund will be credited to your shipboard account.

Hi All,

Just wondering -thanks!

Last year we pre booked 2 shore excursions for the same day in Cozumel. When we booked them the times were far enough apart that there was no problem making it to both of them. When they left our shore excursion tickets in our room the times for one of them had been changed and they were overlapping. We went to the shore excursion desk and they gave us a full refund because I had the printed sheet with the original time on it.

Hi All,

Just wondering -thanks!

They will do the excursion if they possibly can, unless it is unsave. If it's raining, you'll get wet, but the tour usually goes on. So plan accordingly.

You may want to wait and book on the ship when you know what the weather will be like, if you are the type that does not want to get out in the rain.

Archived