LIVE from the Vision of the Seas Sailing 5 Oct 2012

Is the vision on new menu or old menu?

When we were on her in Sept it was the menu with the new veggie/gluten/dairy symbols.

Hope you have a wonderful trip. Can't wait to see the pictures. The canal trip is one we've been talking about doing for a while.

Edited by MonDreamr1

That's All For Now Folks...

We are about to sail and I am gonna run up to Deck 10 and wave to the Web Cam.

More later after dinner in the MDR.

Hi...just wanted to say how happy I am that you are able to enjoy your cruise with your lovely bride. I will be sailing with my husband of 4 years in a few weeks as we celebrate our anniversary.

Looking forward to more pictures :D

LOL...perhaps. They had better have enough in Feb when we take the Vision out for a spin around the Caribbean. :D

I'm not so worried about the soup, but yeah we'd best be well stocked for that trip. (Like there's any doubt!) :D

Didn't Trainmans first post say something about several safety checks.

Is this typical when returning from Europe?? We are on the first sailing of the liberty when returning from.

Although as long as we can get on the ship on time if sail away is pushed back we are still on VACATION.

Hello Everyone,

We are onboard the Vision and about to sail.

We prepared for the worst but the poarding was the smoothest we have ever had! Light traffic and only a 45 minute drive to Port Everglades. We wee directed to Term,inal 4, Unloaded the baggage,drove into the parking garage, unloaded and loaded up our walkers, and went into the terminal.

I did not have to remove my notebook from its case.

I had a bag with 5, 6-packs of Dier Rite Cola which went right through the scanner and nobody said a word about them.

We went to check in, paused at the "boinger, and wer on the ship withing 15 minutes of our arrival at the termainal.

Hooray, so glad for you two. Aboard at last, and no hassle. Thinking about you right now. You are finally on your way. The worst is over.

Have a lovely cruise.

Rev

I wonder what the holdup is? A 2 hour late departure is kinda unusual for a nice clear day. If they delay to much more it will be dark when they leave.

Ah, yes . . . an evening sail away. We once sailed out of Miami at 10:30 p.m. (itinerary change due to hurricane damage) and it was absolutely beautiful to see the lights of Miami (or Ft. Lauderdale) as we stood at the rail.

I would give anything to do that one over.

Anyone know what the delay is? I've been stuck at this computer screen for hours - well a couple anyway. Live poster showed muster photo and and dashed away for sailing - that was at 5 p.m. I think.

The traffic schedule shows it leaving at 7:45 tonight.

Anyone know what the delay is? I've been stuck at this computer screen for hours - well a couple anyway. Live poster showed muster photo and and dashed away for sailing - that was at 5 p.m. I think.

Now I'm thinking they flunked one of those saftey checks and it must be corrected before they can leave. I can't believe they are waiting on a plane load of folks.

Hi, I started watching the webcam at Port Everglades when we were going on a HAL cruise in Australia earlier this year. People on HAL introduced me to the sight (Port Evergades webcam)....anyway.....I was checking this morning and saw the Vision (never been on a RCI cruise) and decided to watch. Nothing was happening, this was 4 hours ago.....so just now decided on checking the RCI forum and found this thread. I love to read cruise blogs especially LIVE ones. I am so excited reading all of your well wishes for your friends and now I find that I have to follow too!!

Barbara