2015 Wine Lists

I don't know why it took me so long to post the new wine lists that we encountered on Serenade in February - there are only two pages per venue now(MDR, Chops, Giovanni's Table and Vintages). But there's an updated link in my signature for anybody who is interested.

I don't know if this is a fleet-wide change, but I imagine that it is, given how RCI standardized everything.

I missed having at least a short description of each wine - since RCI doesn't have sommeliers and the assistant waiters receive only the most basic training, we're pretty much on our own. I did find that Vince, the winetender in Vintages, was very knowledgeable about the wines poured there, though.

Happy perusing!

Thanks for posting those. It would be nice if they could include the vintages of the wines as well.

They could post things like Dec 2014 or Jan 2015 on the vintage, but that would soon be out of date as well.

LOL!

Meanwhile, we have thought about getting a wine package,but I think I read it is for wine that is $8 a glass or less? Based on this list, we would be out of luck.

Now I'm confused. I thought they've done away with the wine packages?

Thank you so much critterchick. My husband & I are going on our first ever RCL cruise August 30th, on the Independence. I was happy to see Cakebread Chardonnay on the bottle list, it's one of my favorites. I have a few questions, if anyone has the answers...

We plan to get the Premium beverage package, it includes 20% off bottles.

Can you get a bottle of wine via room service? Would the 20% off apply? (I believe you CAN'T use the package for a Bloody Mary, glass of wine etc... with Room Service)

Also, if you're eating at Giovanni's & the bottle of wine you prefer is on the MDR wine list, could you order that bottle at the specialty restauraunt?

Can you order a bottle of wine & take it "to go" back to your room?

Thank you CC for all the great advice!:)

i am on my tablet so your signature and link does not show, can you please post a link in a reply? thanks alot1

Bev

I'm on my tablet, too, so I hope it works. :)

http://s1331.photobucket.com/user/critterchick1953/library/Royal%20Caribbean%20wine%20list%202015?sort=3&page=1

Thank you so much critterchick. My husband & I are going on our first ever RCL cruise August 30th, on the Independence. I was happy to see Cakebread Chardonnay on the bottle list, it's one of my favorites. I have a few questions, if anyone has the answers...

We plan to get the Premium beverage package, it includes 20% off bottles.

Can you get a bottle of wine via room service? Would the 20% off apply? (I believe you CAN'T use the package for a Bloody Mary, glass of wine etc... with Room Service)

Also, if you're eating at Giovanni's & the bottle of wine you prefer is on the MDR wine list, could you order that bottle at the specialty restauraunt?

Can you order a bottle of wine & take it "to go" back to your room?

Thank you CC for all the great advice!:)

I don't think you can get any package beverages through room service. You can order a bottle to go, though.

I don't think the restaurants are allowed to get wines from other venues - I would plan ahead and BYOB.

Meanwhile, we have thought about getting a wine package,but I think I read it is for wine that is $8 a glass or less? Based on this list, we would be out of luck.

The bars have their own wine lists, and I recall seeing a few that were $8, but forgot to take pictures. There's a drink thread that may show them - I'll be on Jewel in May so will update the list.

Thank you, got the wine list now. BTW, last year on the Navigator we were on the "Wine & Dine" program and was able to order our wine at Giovanni's and used to bring the open bottle (if there was any left) back to our cabin every night to drink there.

Sailing on the Liberty out of Galveston April'16, hope they bring back the "Wine & Dine" then also.

Thanks for the info. :)

Now I'm confused. I thought they've done away with the wine packages?

Not sure if this is cruise/ship specific, but we seem to have two "wine" options available.

1 - One at $35 per day. Does not mention the $8 thing.

2 - And another SELECT at $40 a day

Confusing.

In either case, without know what the wine options are, it would be crazy to book in advance. Not wine snobs, but some wine just sucks.

Edited by garycarla

Not sure if this is cruise/ship specific, but we seem to have two "wine" options available.

1 - One at $35 per day. Does not mention the $8 thing.

2 - And another SELECT at $40 a day

Confusing.

In either case, without know what the wine options are, it would be crazy to book in advance. Not wine snobs, but some wine just sucks.

Thank you for the link.

FWIW, in my Cruise Planner, there is no $35 per day package, and the Select is $42 - even MORE confusing!

I was hoping they would have the packages with bottles. You could buy 5, 7, etc., pay one price and select from the list of wines available.

Edited by sippican

• 2 months later...
I don't know why it took me so long to post the new wine lists that we encountered on Serenade in February - there are only two pages per venue now(MDR, Chops, Giovanni's Table and Vintages). But there's an updated link in my signature for anybody who is interested.

I don't know if this is a fleet-wide change, but I imagine that it is, given how RCI standardized everything.

I missed having at least a short description of each wine - since RCI doesn't have sommeliers and the assistant waiters receive only the most basic training, we're pretty much on our own. I did find that Vince, the winetender in Vintages, was very knowledgeable about the wines poured there, though.

Happy perusing!

I think these may be pre-price increase. I think the prices went up in April?

I'm on Liberty right now. They are offering a wine package that's 5 for $130, 10 for $260, but with a more limited list of wines. They say it's about a 30% savings based on the wines offered. They didn't really publicize it, but if you ask your waiter about it, they'll bring a brochure with the wines offered in this package. If I can, I'll see if I can take a picture of the wine list on the brochure.

Happy perusing!

Posted before reading the thread - not relevant

Edited by chris_kelowna

I'm on Liberty right now. They are offering a wine package that's 5 for $130, 10 for $260, but with a more limited list of wines. They say it's about a 30% savings based on the wines offered. They didn't really publicize it, but if you ask your waiter about it, they'll bring a brochure with the wines offered in this package. If I can, I'll see if I can take a picture of the wine list on the brochure.

That's good news. Do you know if it's fleet wide? Also, to reiterate, they don't advertise it? We are doing Rhapsody in Sep. So I assume by your comment we specifically have to ask for it?

Thanks.

Hi papaflamingo, they don't promote it. I learned when I asked the waiter about a daily wine special. I wasn't interested in that then they brought this wine promo up.

I snapped photos of the brochure -looks like it started June 13.

Front/back covers: https://*******/lxMEqw

Inside brochure: https://*******/28nw9R

Hope these aren't turned sideways. I'm limited by using just my phone to do this. [emoji3]

I'll see if w can find out if this is long term and fleet wide.

Paula