Upgraded to a SkySuite how was Luminae?

4774Papa

We were just upgraded to a SkySuite for our Japan and China cruise in a couple of weeks.

Understand we can dine in Luminae and/or BLU. We have done BlU before, but not Luminae.

Can someone fill us in on just how good Luminae is?

Also, we were told that we could invite guests to dine with us, but there would be a $50 fee.

We were just upgraded to a SkySuite for our Japan and China cruise in a couple of weeks.

Understand we can dine in Luminae and/or BLU. We have done BlU before, but not Luminae.

Also, we were told that we could invite guests to dine with us, but there would be a $50 fee.

Hi,

We were on a sky suite on the Eclipse from September 13th-27th and we loved Luminae! The food was very good and the service top notch. We will definitely go back to suites on our next cruises.

IMG_8382.jpg.04a0c4f22c7bf0ee37cf6a68fffb94d6.jpg

IMG_8376.jpg.01e8b66a9903eb8120a26a1faeaca075.jpg

IMG_8451.jpg.a0a566ef65eb267250a298129e836cd3.jpg

IMG_8448.jpg.2006c6bcbe0f3e82da3657c23c71a5d8.jpg

Now everyone will admit that food is a very subjective topic. That said, we loved Luminae, others have had different opinions. I would advise you to try it with an open mind. The staff is absolutely wonderful as their objective is to make sure your meals are the best.

And yes, there is a $50/pp fee that you must pay to have guests dine with you.

Hope you enjoy Luminae. :)

Well the service in Luminae was outstanding - very attentive - the desserts and esp. that dessert cart on formal nights - irresistible, but I would have preferred more choices for both appetizers and entrees. In the MDR there are 4? appetizers and then 4? soups/salads where as in Luminae it is combined with a total of 4, I think. I like more options, and often at least 3 of the choices did not really appeal. We were on one of the earliest cruises with the Luminae venue and while we were able to order off the MDR "every day" choices - escargot and French onion soup - we were never presented with MDR menus as I have heard has happened on other sailings. I also found the sides that came with the entrees in Luminae to be disappointing - usually very miniscule.

So the setting and service and were very very nice - we ate several nights in the MDR and it seemed chaotic after Luminae but I think they have a ways to go food wise. I thought there was supposed to be "fresh" and local options but that had not happened when we were on board. And breakfast in Luminae on port days was a total relief from the scrum of the buffet.

In a suite you get 2 "free" nights in the specialty venues - we went to Qsine and Toscano - we thought they both beat Luminae by a mile.

Edited by suec12

Just off Equinox in a suite and I really enjoyed Luminae, the service was outstanding and the food for the most part wonderful. My dh was not so impressed at first, he also thought the menu was very limited, but the waiters told him he could order anything that was offered in the main dining room although it would not be prepared by the Luminae chef, so not of the same quality. He wanted a caesar salad one night which was not on the menu, so the waiter asked if he wanted the main dining room version or the Luminae version. He chose the Luminae one and it was so much better than the main dining room one as we remember it.

As I said the service is so personal. I mentioned to our waiter I couldn't find gelato at one of our port stops in Italy, so up to the 5th floor he went and came back with an assortment of gelato for me. My friend happened to be on the Summit at the same time and ate in the main dining room on that ship. She said she asked her waiter for an individual portion of melted butter for her lobster and was told no, they can't do that! What a difference in service!

This was our first experience in a suite on Celebrity and after experiencing Luminae I know it will be hard to cruise again without it!

Agree with above posts. Last week on the Solstice in Luminae. Service and ambiance were lovely. Not enough choices. Yes, I know we could have asked for something off the MDR menu but Luminae should be better than that. If I wanted MDR food I would have booked that and saved the money.

Luminae is fantastic! Amazing staff, beautiful ambience, great food. You'll love it. It is a dining experience that ranks up there with the best we've had on Crystal and Regent. The team in Luminae will go out of their way to make sure you have a great time. We loved it so much, we switched all our upcoming bookings to suites.

Michael

Just off Equinox in a suite and I really enjoyed Luminae, the service was outstanding and the food for the most part wonderful. My dh was not so impressed at first, he also thought the menu was very limited, but the waiters told him he could order anything that was offered in the main dining room although it would not be prepared by the Luminae chef, so not of the same quality. He wanted a caesar salad one night which was not on the menu, so the waiter asked if he wanted the main dining room version or the Luminae version. He chose the Luminae one and it was so much better than the main dining room one as we remember it.

As I said the service is so personal. I mentioned to our waiter I couldn't find gelato at one of our port stops in Italy, so up to the 5th floor he went and came back with an assortment of gelato for me. My friend happened to be on the Summit at the same time and ate in the main dining room on that ship. She said she asked her waiter for an individual portion of melted butter for her lobster and was told no, they can't do that! What a difference in service!

This was our first experience in a suite on Celebrity and after experiencing Luminae I know it will be hard to cruise again without it!

Cannot resist. So what was your friend required to do? Share a melted butter dish with the table? This sounds really hard to believe. Are you sure your friend wasn't asking for melted butter for her popcorn?😄😁😉

Thank you for sharing your Luminate experience. I am really looking forward to trying in for the first time in three weeks. I will be sure to report back on my opinion, but I am going to be shocked if my wife and I do not find it awesome.

It was lobster night in the main dining room and the waiter brought one container of melted butter to spoon onto everyone's lobster. My friend just wanted an individual serving so she could dip her lobster and was told no. Not a big deal, just a comparison of the difference in service between the main dining room and Luminae.

Luminae is wonderful! I will warn you, though, the portion sizes are huge. You can ask for a half portion. I can't imagine anyone finishing the mascarpone & strawberry stuffed french toast for brunch - it's 4 slices of bread. Items are truly made to order. For breakfast they peel and grate the potatoes for the hash browns only when someone orders them so it does take slightly longer for your food to arrive.

Luminae is wonderful! I will warn you, though, the portion sizes are huge. You can ask for a half portion. I can't imagine anyone finishing the mascarpone & strawberry stuffed french toast for brunch - it's 4 slices of bread. Items are truly made to order. For breakfast they peel and grate the potatoes for the hash browns only when someone orders them so it does take slightly longer for your food to arrive.

Happy to hear items are truly made to order! Wow potatoes being grated upon order. Sounds like overkill but I will not complain!!

Just off Summit in a CS and really enjoyed Luminae. We ate there 10 out of 14 nights for dinner, brunch once or twice, breakfast 4 times and lunch twice if memory serves.

Dinner portions were not overly large but other meals were larger than we typically eat. The fruit plate at breakfast is much better than room service, and the burger much better than the grill burger. They were very accommodating in getting off the menu items, including Caesar salad and escargot.

I mentioned to our server one night that I wish I had had my camera when they served the Chocolate Bomb so I could have taken a picture. Before I knew it the maître d came by and said the chef would prepare one for us the following night so bring my camera. Here's a picture for those who have not seen it.

WP_20151003_22_18_38_Pro.jpg.521af23806452809b25e35e9830227d9.jpg

Absolutely loved Luminae on our Mediterranean cruise this past summer on the

Constellation. Ate there for breakfast, lunch, and dinner including embarkation for lunch. Superb service. Over the top ambience. The food was exquisite and the staff wanted everything to be perfect for us. We ended up tipping our extra to just about everyone on the staff. We were more than happy dining here. Just wish we could always travel in a suite to experience Luminae.