Cape Liberty Airport shuttles are now $28.50/pp

138east

Breaking news from Meg who is currently at the port checking everything out. I am posting this now confirmed news on her behalf.

"So...I am here and I asked the dispatcher...

Currently it is 28.50 per person to airport.

Intercruises, the people who run the pier, told transport what to charge.

I will post on CC or you can quote me. I do not have CC on phone anymore.

Dispatcher told me that "intercruises told us we have to charge the same rates as the cruise line and everyone else. No longer 16 dollars...."

Intercruises operates the pier and employs the check in agents..."

Thanks for posting that information

Their reasoning is ridiculous. Can the port operator tell privately owned limo operators what to charge for airport transportation from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal ? Force them to charge as much as the cruise line does for transfers? Of course not.

Thanks for posting that information

Their reasoning is ridiculous. Can the port operator tell privately owned limo operators what to charge for airport transportation from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal ? Force them to charge as much as the cruise line does for transfers? Of course not.

Evidently they can. It seems like price fixing.

Wow that's a huge increase, thanks for the info. What does a cab to Newark airport cost, approximately?

Probably in the 50-60 $$ range....so CLOSE to 28.50 per person!

It was busy and I didn't really have a chance to get into a long discussion with them, and they are reprinting the sign....

It was the dispatcher who I am used to seeing and dealing with.

I believe that the cruise lines may have suggested that things needed to change..and the transportation services NEED the money so they're kind of forced to follow the rules...

It's almost stereotypical NJ strong arming..:D:eek::rolleyes:

Yikes, this isn't good on the competition - especially for those solo travelers heading to Cape Liberty, it's a good thing that the few things we sailed out of there, we drove & park & on top of it, hate flying into/out of EWR except as a last resort. For out-of-town folks & oversea/long haul flights - sometimes they have very little choices.

In essence, for 2 or 3 people coming off the ships, one is better off taking a taxi / ride-sharing over to EWR for the flight home ... assuming there isn't a long line for taxis/car service and their fares won't be going up too.

Of course, this meant more incentives for the smart travelers to pack light & stick with a 22" roller or spinners & a smaller bag - to go ride the AirTrain, NJT, light rail, and PATH, etc.

All these will find its way into the 311 FAQ stickies - very helpful, useful & important information. Thanks again.

So we arrive on Anthem on 4th November 2015 from the UK. We were going to use the shuttle to EWR as at $16pp it seemed reasonable now at $28.50 not quite so reasonable.

What would the preferred option be now - shuttle, taxi or pre-book a private car? Or is there organised RCI transport to EWR? Last year when we were on Quantum we had the RCI transfer to JFK booked prior to our flight back to the UK.

Also when on Quantum we noticed an RCI site where you could book transfers does anyone know the address?

Thanks

I think the RC transfers are the same price. I am not sure about booking them on line...you CAN book them on the ship....

Really I don't see much savings in booking a car service....and a cab will probably work out to close to the same for 2 guests....again I was sort of pressed for time and did not have a chance to get into a lot of details....

28.50 really is not that bad...expensive, well yes, for some. And more than the 16-17 dollars in the past.....

We return from our cruise on the Anthem on Nov. 22nd, which is a Sunday. Should we be able to make an 11:30 flight out of EWR if we do "self assist" with regards to our luggage, and the ship arrives as scheduled at 7:00 a.m.?

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Party of 11 staying in NJ the day before the cruise over Turkey day. Looking for transportation from a hotel to cruiseport. $28.50 per person gets me looking for taxi, van, or bicycles to get us there. Anyone found a group rate somewhere?

Party of 11 staying in NJ the day before the cruise over Turkey day. Looking for transportation from a hotel to cruiseport. $28.50 per person gets me looking for taxi, van, or bicycles to get us there. Anyone found a group rate somewhere?

Independent driver - 888-816-0973

These folks have larger vehicles - no frills - no web site - good prices - talk to Abdul. Post 147 - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2203122&highlight=abdul