Cabin for 5

mmmatthew84

Does anyone have any advice on which cruise lines / boats offer cabins for 5 (3 kids, 2 adults) where you don't have to rent a suite? I did a bit of research on this and found that the price really bumps up when you go from 4 guests to 5.

Sometimes, it's much cheaper to book 2 connecting cabins, rather than a suite...2 baths, and a door between the cabins that can be shut for privacy! Put the kid's in one cabin...parents in the other....happy vacation! You still have immediate access, but can have privacy when needed!

Some RCI ships have a balcony that connects to an inside....great for kids that have no need of the balcony..and a cheaper option, too

Most lines have some sort of "family" cabin/suite...but you need to CALL the cruise line for those...you can't book online. Just pick up the phone! Get prices! Have the deck plans in front of you, tho, so you know what you're paying for!

Carnival Fantasy class and a few other ships do. Most are built before 2000. The new builds have family cabins with 1.5 baths. The second bathroom does not have a toilet.

Does anyone have any advice on which cruise lines / boats offer cabins for 5 (3 kids, 2 adults) where you don't have to rent a suite? I did a bit of research on this and found that the price really bumps up when you go from 4 guests to 5.

RCCL ships have Family Suites but you must call to book. Not sure if on all ship classes but know for sure the Voyager, Freedom and Oasis class. We found for our family of 4 (2 adults & 2 kids) it was cheaper to book adjoining ocean view rooms than it would of been for a suite. Worked out great to be able to have 2 bathrooms, 2 closets and twice the space all with a connecting door that could be left open or closed for privacy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

We are a family of 5 and have been weighing the options a lot about this the past couple of months. First we had the RCL Navigator of the Seas ocean view family room (not suite) booked for 5 of us. Then I reminded my husband how much better we enjoyed our last disney vacation with 2 adjoining rooms vs all crammed in one room(having a kid bathroom and an adult bathroom was awesome!). So we decided on 2 connecting ocean view rooms. And then we remembered how much we loved having a balcony on our last cruise, we took without kids, so thought we would miss having that and wanted the kids to experience a balcony. So now we decided on a balcony room with an inside across the hall was the best option. It will mean my husband and I sleep in different rooms at night but it is worth that sacrifice. Ultimately for 1 balcony and 1 inside we are paying about $500 more than the family ocean view room. I guess it just really depends on what your family wants or needs to make the most out of your vacation. I do find that rooms (and options) for families of 5 book fast so be sure to book as early as you can! Good luck!

Disney has cabins to hold five.

Carnival does on some ships but only ocean views (Uh, not gonna work with kids)

I tried Carnvial, but COULD NOT find two connecting balcony rooms during the dates we'd sail NEXT YEAR. (at least not on the ship we'd sail from). they don't have ANY balcony's or suites that hold five.

I got frustrated with my search, but I'm limited to which ports we'll leave from. And which lines, NCL and RCL aren't worth our time/money.

Even some suites don't hold five!

Conquest, Glory, Legend, Miracle , Freedom, Splendor, Pride, Miracle - all these ships have NO cabins which hold five or more.

Breeze Dream and Magic - only one category on these three new Carnival ships will hold 5: 6N-5, Deluxe Oceanview, 230 sq.

The price for two balcony's wasn't worth it. We may try a cheap lower and then a balcony, just to get us all on the ship, then deal with being in one room. Some suggest a balcony, then a room across the hall.

Edited by Gardeneroflove

Norwegian Breakaway and Getaway have family oceanview rooms that hold up to 5. They are slightly larger than regular balcony rooms and have a curtain between main bed and sofa bed area as well as a bathtub. When I priced it for 3 people for next spring it was just slightly more (like $200 more total) than one balcony room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are sailing on the Celebrity Solstice next month to Alaska. We booked a Family Verandah. It is, I believe, 525 sq. ft. There is a bedroom with 2 bunk beds, a bedroom with a queen bed, and the couch also converts to a bed. It is one of the reasons I went with Celebrity over some other cruises I looked at. From what I can tell, it also has a dining room table in the room. I think there are 4 of these on each of the Solstice-class Celebrity ships.

Of course, so far I am getting a very UN-kid-friendly vibe from a lot of posters on Celebrity, but too bad for them because final payment is made and I am taking my kids on a Celebrity cruise!

I tried Carnvial, but COULD NOT find two connecting balcony rooms during the dates we'd sail NEXT YEAR. (at least not on the ship we'd sail from). they don't have ANY balcony's or suites that hold five.

I got frustrated with my search, but I'm limited to which ports we'll leave from. And which lines, NCL and RCL aren't worth our time/money.

I'm not sure which ship you're trying to sail on, but on Carnival only ships built before 2000 have cabins that hold five, unless you book the family cabins on the Dream and Vista classes. Also, have you tried calling Carnival to see if they have connecting cabins open? A lot of the time they don't put those online you have to call to inquire. Don't know if it helps, but on the Spirit class (Pride, Spirit, Legend, Miracle) there are two sets a of cabins in the forward that connect--one is a an extended balcony and the connecting cabin is an interior.

Disney has cabins to hold five.

Carnival does on some ships but only ocean views (Uh, not gonna work with kids)

Even some suites don't hold five!

Conquest, Glory, Legend, Miracle , Freedom, Splendor, Pride, Miracle - all these ships have NO cabins which hold five or more.

Breeze Dream and Magic - only one category on these three new Carnival ships will hold 5: 6N-5, Deluxe Oceanview, 230 sq.

The price for two balcony's wasn't worth it. We may try a cheap lower and then a balcony, just to get us all on the ship, then deal with being in one room. Some suggest a balcony, then a room across the hall.

The only way I've ever found connecting rooms on Carnival, is to call their 800 number and speak with customer service. We have six in our family, so we have to have that 2nd room

I'm not sure which ship you're trying to sail on, but on Carnival only ships built before 2000 have cabins that hold five, unless you book the family cabins on the Dream and Vista classes. Also, have you tried calling Carnival to see if they have connecting cabins open? A lot of the time they don't put those online you have to call to inquire. Don't know if it helps, but on the Spirit class (Pride, Spirit, Legend, Miracle) there are two sets a of cabins in the forward that connect--one is a an extended balcony and the connecting cabin is an interior.

I didn't call yet, since I was just pricing, seeing our options. It'd have to be a ship leaving out of New Orleans. currently that isn't a spirit class ship. But it does make sense they weren't online. Thanks, when it comes time to book/get better numbers, I'll call.

(I really just want Disney, to be honest. But it may not be doable)