5 Adults, 2 Children from IAH to Galveston Port

Cam Dizzle

I am struggling, like a lot of you it seems, to find a reasonable transport to the Galveston Port from IAH for 5 adults, 2 children, and bags. The biggest problem I have is finding a transport with car seats for our 2 children as we will not be bringing ours along.

I initially wanted to rent a car, but with drop-off fees and car seat fees, not really sure it was worth it.

Anyone with recommendations or advice would be truly appreciated! Thanks!

I feel like we are the same struggle as what to do for transportation.

We are a group of 6 adults and teenagers sailing the Breeze in November. flying into IAH the day before, our choices are cruise line transfer, rent a car or use Galveston Express.

Galveston Express is the cheapest at $30pp one way, but requires us to stay at a hotel near the airport. When I called them they will pick up if you stay at a hotel on JFK Blvd next to the airport. Now that hotel needs to have a free shuttle or I have to get a taxi.

Carnival transfer $47pp one way, but only from the airport. Now I have to get back to the airport the day of sailing as they only pick up from the airport. Free shuttles or taxis again.

Enterprise rent a car had a minivan for $180 one way including drop fee. This worked best for us as it gives the freedom to choose our hotel, doing any last minute shopping. You do have to drop passengers and luggage off at cruise terminal then return car and make your way back to the terminal.

For us the rent a car although not the cheapest was the best fit for us.

Good luck!

We are sailing on Aug 28 on the Liberty of the Seas. There are 4 adults & 1 teen in our party. We are flying in on Aug 24 & staying in a hotel for 4 nights and need a rental car for those days. It is cheaper for us to rent a car until Sept 4 and pay for parking near the port for the cruise and return it at the airport than it would be to rent a car for the 4 days and take shuttles.

I am struggling, like a lot of you it seems, to find a reasonable transport to the Galveston Port from IAH for 5 adults, 2 children, and bags. The biggest problem I have is finding a transport with car seats for our 2 children as we will not be bringing ours along.

I initially wanted to rent a car, but with drop-off fees and car seat fees, not really sure it was worth it.

Ask Galveston Express if they provide car seats on their shuttles.

• 1 month later...
I feel like we are the same struggle as what to do for transportation.

Enterprise rent a car had a minivan for $180 one way including drop fee. This worked best for us as it gives the freedom to choose our hotel, doing any last minute shopping. You do have to drop passengers and luggage off at cruise terminal then return car and make your way back to the terminal.

Good luck!

I would do this in a heartbeat if I could find a minivan for $180 including the drop fee. Im showing at least $260 for a one way rental through enterprise.

We will be going in a year from this July and looking at Galveston Express however not sure I could gather up 3 more people since they won't take less then 5. I considered renting a car but then can't see renting a car and having it sit in a parking lot all week. The cost for two people to shuttle over and back is terribly high.

Just rent a mini van or SUV for the 8 days and park it. Mine was $175 through Priceline...

Travel at your own pace and you have return transport.

Edited by csnarpy

Just rent a mini van or SUV for the 8 days and park it. Mine was $175 through Priceline...

Travel at your own pace and you have return transport.

It must depend on the time of year, because the dates I am looking at (1/20/17 - 1/29/17) the price of a minivan or SUV is $400+

We used Galveston limo and they were great. We had 7 people. It is going to cost u a lot no matter what u do cause of your headcount. I don't think I'll ever go out of Galveston again. It was a pain and expensive too boot

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

After reading bad reviews on shared shuttles and having a early flight

My family of 6 and i used Galveston shuttle because of the fear of being left stranded in Galveston. They were wonderful. All of our reservation was done online they sent us a conformation email immediately. They provided us with a private shuttle and a booster seat for my 3 year old. It was a stress free transfer. Our driver even text us when he was at the port 30 mins early. So we never even had to call the office once.

• 3 months later...
We used Galveston limo and they were great. We had 7 people. It is going to cost u a lot no matter what u do cause of your headcount. I don't think I'll ever go out of Galveston again. It was a pain and expensive too boot

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I just reserved Galveston Limo round trip HOU/Galveston cruise port. They are running an online special price of $40 rt pp. They have been in business a long time, but yours is the first review I've seen of anyone who has used them. I have used Galveston Express, but they are more expensive and I have seen some bad reviews lately. I will report back end of September with my thoughts on Galveston Limousine. They are listed under the HOU airport website for ground transportation. I called and spoke to a lady in the office, who seemed positive. After reserving, I immediately received a confirmation email, including pdf to print my ticket.:)