Different ship for itinerary 2019

Marloes

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I live in Europe. I'm sorry if there are any mistakes in my english writing.

I'm newly engaged and we would like to make a cruise as a honeymoon. The purpose of the cruise is that we will see a lot of ports in the Caribbean. We did some research and wanted to do a cruise with Princess or Royal Caribbean. Since Royal Caribbean doesn't offer any longer cruises we decided we would cruise with Princess. We found an itinerary for feb-march 2018 with Royal Princess. In 2019 this itinerary would be with Crown Princess. Now I'm worried that this ship is smaller and we wouldn't like it as much as Royal Princess.

Do you guys think this would be nice for us?

When taking the cruise we would be 33 and 28 years old. We like relaxing, eating and see a lot of ports. We aren't really the party kind of people. We decided that we would want to see st Kitts, st Lucia and Barbados. Since it would be our honeymoon we would like to stay a longer time. The cruise we saw with Princess would be 20 nights.

Please help us with some suggestions since it is our first cruise and it is quite difficult to decide what to do. In our country it is hard to find good cruise travel agents since cruising isn't really popular, maybe only in Europe itself.

One option would be to book a Back to Back (B2B), so you would take 2 cruises on the same ship. Not sure which ones would work for you. You might get tired of a smaller ship for that length of time. Most Americans that can cruise for that length of time are retired. We don't get the same amount of vacation time as Europeans do.[emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi Marloes,

Welcome to Cruise Critic and congrats on your wedding. 20 nights is awesome, but, I think it's probably two 10-nighters put together.

Crown is an older ship. Princess is a great cruise line. Royal Caribbean has a beautiful much newer ship Anthem of the Seas which sails from New Jersey in January 2019 on 12 night trips that include Barbadobs, St. Lucia and St. Kitts.

Royal Caribbean is a great cruise line, tons of activities, great food, nice passengers, friendly crew.

Celebrity Eclipse does a 14-night Southern Caribbean in Feb. 2018 with lots of great stops.

Have you considered a Hawaiin cruise? Princess does 15-night journeys round-trip from both San Francisco and Los Angeles.

Try and talk to a travel agent or find a good cruise search agent because most of the lines do long 10 and 2 week Caribbean cruises in the winter.

Good Luck

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

Yes the 20 night cruise is 2 times 10 night. I'm also afraid of would be boring.

Hawaï would also be Nice but we are getting married in Aruba and we will take 4 weeks off. So 1 week Aruba and 3 weeks was planned for cruising aproximatly. From Aruba it is easy to fly to Miami so we prefer cruising out of Miami or fort lauderdale

Have you considered cruises on different ships? P&O Azura has a 14 night cruise from Barbados that visits many islands. In 2017, Pullmantur Zenith is doing 7 day cruises from Curacao which visit some ports not included by Azura. There are no schedules for 2018 or 2019 from Curacao, but in 2018 Monarch is doing itineraries from Cartagena and Colon. Don't be thinking that all Caribbean cruises sail from US ports. There are European and luxury lines that sail from islands in the Caribbean and don't call at US ports. Go to www.cruisetimetables.com and play around with ports. Think outside the box. Look at Fred Olsen, too. they have some great itineraries from Barbados. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

Yes the 20 night cruise is 2 times 10 night. I'm also afraid of would be boring.

Hawaï would also be Nice but we are getting married in Aruba and we will take 4 weeks off. So 1 week Aruba and 3 weeks was planned for cruising aproximatly. From Aruba it is easy to fly to Miami so we prefer cruising out of Miami or fort lauderdale

Don't do Hawaii. Way too many sea days for a first cruise. Stick with the Caribbean. Get some brochures and really look at the ships. Crown might be smaller but it isn't tiny. You would still have plenty to do. Really read the deck plans. Put things into perspective. Look at the size of the restaurants and picture in your mind how big other things are. You don't need a gigantic ship. You don't want a small one either. If you like the itinerary on the Crown then pick that one. Either way you will enjoy the ships. They are like floating hotels.

P&O Britannia does 14 nights out of Barbados with all different islands, including Aruba.

She's the same build ship as Royal Princess, but younger. They are identical except for the decor, and are geared to the British/Irish market rather than the American.

The Crown Princess is a fine ship, and do not be concerned with the size...which is actually a large ship. As to the suggestion for the Anthem of the Seas...forget it! The last thing you want to do is fly to New Jersey in the winter...and take a cruise where you will likely spend 4 days in colder weather. In Dec, Jan, and Feb you should cruise out of either Florida, San Juan, or Barbados to maximize your time in warm weather.

Hank

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I live in Europe. I'm sorry if there are any mistakes in my english writing.

I'm newly engaged and we would like to make a cruise as a honeymoon. The purpose of the cruise is that we will see a lot of ports in the Caribbean. We did some research and wanted to do a cruise with Princess or Royal Caribbean. Since Royal Caribbean doesn't offer any longer cruises we decided we would cruise with Princess. We found an itinerary for feb-march 2018 with Royal Princess. In 2019 this itinerary would be with Crown Princess. Now I'm worried that this ship is smaller and we wouldn't like it as much as Royal Princess.

Do you guys think this would be nice for us?

When taking the cruise we would be 33 and 28 years old. We like relaxing, eating and see a lot of ports. We aren't really the party kind of people. We decided that we would want to see st Kitts, st Lucia and Barbados. Since it would be our honeymoon we would like to stay a longer time. The cruise we saw with Princess would be 20 nights.

Please help us with some suggestions since it is our first cruise and it is quite difficult to decide what to do. In our country it is hard to find good cruise travel agents since cruising isn't really popular, maybe only in Europe itself.

I will recommend the two I known in the Caribbean. Royal out of San Juan, 7 nighter, but a b2b would work. And San Juan is wonderful pre and post cruise Or Celebrity's 14-nighter from Miami. Very nice, many many repeat customers. But unfortunately you need to start and end in Miami, not my favorite. In any case, enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would do the Crown Princess.

Your wedding plans for Aruba sound wonderful and doing a 20 day cruise gives you a chance to see lots of ports in the Caribbean.

We have done many back-to-back cruises and loved them all. Our first cruise (many, many years ago) was a back-to-back.

One more question.

Does Anyone know if we can book a cruise through an US travel agent/website? I see the they offer OBC or other advantages. If possible does Anyone a trustfull website or travel agent?

One more question.

Does Anyone know if we can book a cruise through an US travel agent/website? I see the they offer OBC or other advantages. If possible does Anyone a trustfull website or travel agent?

Yes, you can book through US TA/site.

Cruise Critic rules forbid recommending travel agent/site.