Disembarkation in Venice

woodards

Hi,

Could anyone advise what the process is for collecting bags at the end of an Azamara cruise in Venice. Can we expect to see something similar to what we are used to with Celebrity? Is self carry an option?

Many thanks.

I'm assuming you disembark at San Basilio pier. Self carry is certainly an option. The walk to the baggage hall and onward transport is very dependent upon where the ship docks. If there are other vessels at San Basilio pier you may have to walk a bit. If it's a distance there will be a shuttle bus laid on which you can take or choose to walk if you want.

I'm assuming you disembark at San Basilio pier. Self carry is certainly an option. The walk to the baggage hall and onward transport is very dependent upon where the ship docks. If there are other vessels at San Basilio pier you may have to walk a bit. If it's a distance there will be a shuttle bus laid on which you can take or choose to walk if you want.

Fairly sure we will be into San Basilio so self carry sounds like way to go.

Hi,

Could anyone advise what the process is for collecting bags at the end of an Azamara cruise in Venice. Can we expect to see something similar to what we are used to with Celebrity? Is self carry an option?

Many thanks.

I have disembarked in Venice in San Basilio. You can disembark at your own time but the latest around 9.00. I am not sure if you could carry your own luggage but if Azamara does it for you is in my opinion more convenient since you have to walk about 200 mts from ship to the port. By the way it is not easy to get a taxi at San Basilio. If you are going to the airport Azamara has transfers. Otherwise you might want to order in advance a taxi service to pick you up. Embarking and disembarking is much relaxed at Azamara then it is at Celebrity. Enjoy it.

I have disembarked in Venice in San Basilio. You can disembark at your own time but the latest around 9.00. I am not sure if you could carry your own luggage but if Azamara does it for you is in my opinion more convenient since you have to walk about 200 mts from ship to the port. By the way it is not easy to get a taxi at San Basilio. If you are going to the airport Azamara has transfers. Otherwise you might want to order in advance a taxi service to pick you up. Embarking and disembarking is much relaxed at Azamara then it is at Celebrity. Enjoy it.

Thanks.

Will be walk with cases to our hotel, according to Google about 15 mins (without getting lost!!)

How easy/difficult is it to get from a hotel near Piazzale Roma to San Basilio pier? Can you take a cab?

Personally I would take a vaporetto. The San Basilio stop is a minute walk to the gate to the pier where you have to go thru security.

I honestly do not know if cars can get to the dock.

Edited by peternina

Personally I would take a vaporetto. The San Basilio stop is a minute walk to the gate to the pier where you have to go thru security.

I honestly do not know if cars can get to the dock.

Cars can get close to the San Basilio dock, it's where the transfer buses and arranged taxi's wait. We recently had a private car to the airport from the terminal which is a short walk to the car park. No good to get to a Venice hotel though - no roads!

Edited by Azamarajunkie

Cab is 20 Euros flat rate (no luggage surcharges) and it will pick up/drop off directly at the S. Basilio terminal. Exorbitantly expensive for the short 1 1/2 mile ride, but it is what it is. There should be some waiting quayside between 7 am and 8:30 am, but if not, you can call them.

I would recommend a cab over the vaporetto which would be 7.50 Euros per person. The vaporetto will most likely be crowded, take 4x as long and provide no assistance with luggage. Also would not recommend walking with luggage since most bridges have stairs as opposed to ramps.

Cars can get close to the San Basilio dock, it's where the transfer buses and arranged taxi's wait. We recently had a private car to the airport from the terminal which is a short walk to the car park. No good to get to a Venice hotel though - no roads!

Robert Benchley cable on arriving in Venice: "Streets full of water. Please advise."

Cab is 20 Euros flat rate (no luggage surcharges) and it will pick up/drop off directly at the S. Basilio terminal. Exorbitantly expensive for the short 1 1/2 mile ride, but it is what it is. There should be some waiting quayside between 7 am and 8:30 am, but if not, you can call them.

I would recommend a cab over the vaporetto which would be 7.50 Euros per person. The vaporetto will most likely be crowded, take 4x as long and provide no assistance with luggage. Also would not recommend walking with luggage since most bridges have stairs as opposed to ramps.

Hello johnnycruise!

20 Euros from S. Basilio terminal to the airport? Via cab?

Thanks.

Will be walk with cases to our hotel, according to Google about 15 mins (without getting lost!!)

I would take a Vaporetto. Hauling cases around Venice is NOT a good idea, and even if you've been before its the easiest city in the world to get lost in. It is also really busy, and can be very hot.

Edited by 150edmiston

I am on Azamara Journey cruise right now, ending in Venice. One of the options offered on the disembarkation form is for Azamara to deliver your luggage direct to your Venice hotel. The cost is $36 pp. Included in the cost is to drop off the passengers at St Mark's Square (not at your hotel). Luggage should be delivered by 3pm. I think this price is a bit expensive, but I have lots of OBC. I figure this service will free up about 30-45 minutes time because we can go touring directly instead of taking two vaparettos to our hotel area and then crossing the three or so bridges (with steps) to our hotel. I was kind of concerned about hauling our too much luggage through Venice. This is a nice option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coach transfer to Marco Polo (VCE) is $34 pp, for flights leaving after 11 am.

They also offer late departure program for guests with late afternoon flights, $35 pp. This allows you to stay onboard until 1230 pm. Must vacate cabin by 830 am. Includes lunch in Windows cafe. To this, you can add a 1230 pm transfer to the airport for $34 pp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk