Freestyle Coke Machines

FYI for those of you who might feel slightly nauseous at times on the ship. The Seagrams Ginger ale is pretty good and it work better than a lot of medications for calming slightly upset stomachs.

• 2 weeks later...
The freestyle machines only work with the souvenir cups? If that's the case can I buy a Ultimate Drink package and just give the souvenir cup to my wife, since she does'nt drink alcohol.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

That would be sharing a package with another person, which is prohibited.

Edited by clarea

Where are they on Jewel and Anthem/Quantum?

Anthem (and should be the same for Quantum):

2 next to each others in Sorrento's

2 in Windjammer (one on each side, approx. in the middle section of WJ)

1 in Seaplex next to Doghouse

Which ships currently have the Freestyle Coke Machines? Are they planning to add them to more ships?

When they work, they are great- however on our last Quantum of the Seas cruise, the staff rarely filled up the machine so most of the time the machines especially at the buffet were empty! So having the machine is nice, but if the staff doesn't fill them it is very frustrating- at least half of the time we got soda from the bars. Hope our next Allure cruise has filled machines as we are bringing family with us!

When they work, they are great- however on our last Quantum of the Seas cruise, the staff rarely filled up the machine so most of the time the machines especially at the buffet were empty! So having the machine is nice, but if the staff doesn't fill them it is very frustrating- at least half of the time we got soda from the bars. Hope our next Allure cruise has filled machines as we are bringing family with us!

I had a similar bad experience with them on Allure in 2013, but according to most reviews and posts I've read, it was a one week aberration. They were great on Freedom this year.

Windjammer only, not in Centrum. I just disembarked from a 7 night cruise.

Thanks for the update. Do you recall if there was a way to use the machines in Windjammer when Windjammer was closed?

Any drink package should include use of the soda machines(possible exception beer and wine package), but they do require a package. You can't purchase ala carte with seapass.

I thought all of the alcohol packages also included the soda package. I know you can get soda package without alcohol, but thought the alcohols also gave soda privileges. Maybe I am mistaken. It wouldn't be the first time, and won't be the last.

Not sure why you don't believe that there was access to the machines in the WJ after hours, but I did take a picture of the sign as I knew this would happen.

Thanks for the photo. Some have said that they could not get to the machines when WJ was closed.

I thought all of the alcohol packages also included the soda package. I know you can get soda package without alcohol, but thought the alcohols also gave soda privileges. Maybe I am mistaken. It wouldn't be the first time, and won't be the last.

At one time, the alcohol packages did not include the special cup for the Freestyle machines. However, on one of the re-incarnations of the packages, they now all include the special cup.

The freestyle machines only work with the souvenir cups? If that's the case can I buy a Ultimate Drink package and just give the souvenir cup to my wife, since she does'nt drink alcohol.

i'm sure you're gonna get alot of comments on this post about sharing lol :eek:

However to be honest, i could care less and I can't see why other people would care if you give ur cup to your wife. i mean, how much is soda really? and i'm sure i'll get a lot of comments as well. Anyway, with all the money being charged for the ultimate package, if you are not drinking the soda, I don't see why your wife can't use your cup. Last year on grandeur I had the royal replenish package (non alcoholic) It was great. once I gave my sister some of my soda from the machine (call the police!) lol. the machine has over 100 flavors, and really fun to see the different combos. Your wife would like that

You only need the cup if you want to use the Freestyle machine (over 100 flavors). You can get a soda (one of about 6 flavors) from any bar or restaurant by showing your SeaPass card.

The machines sound so much better than grabbing a drink at a bar. So many options. It's a shame you can't show someone your sea pass card and then they would give you a disposable cup to use the machines. It sounds like a pain having to carry the cup (not to mention not sanitary once you use it).

The machines sound so much better than grabbing a drink at a bar. So many options. It's a shame you can't show someone your sea pass card and then they would give you a disposable cup to use the machines. It sounds like a pain having to carry the cup (not to mention not sanitary once you use it).

From past experience, if you leave it in your cabin after using it, your steward should clean it for you.

I had this experience with a souvenier glass I had on one of my previous cruises. We left it on the vanity and when we got back from muster one was broken. The cabin steward cleaned the others and replaced the broken one.

Edited by jayblue

From past experience, if you leave it in your cabin after using it, your steward should clean it for you.

I had this experience with a souvenier glass I had on one of my previous cruises. We left it on the vanity and when we got back from muster one was broken. The cabin steward cleaned the others and replaced thse broken one.

We have never had a cabin steward clean our soda cup and we get soda packages on every cruise.

I had this experience with a souvenier glass I had on one of my previous cruises. We left it on the vanity and when we got back from muster one was broken. The cabin steward cleaned the others and replaced the broken one.

Thanks for the info. DH will most likely get the soda package but I just don't know about him carrying the cup around. I guess perhaps on sea days if he has his knapsack. But good to know the steward "may" give it a good clean.

Enjoy your upcoming cruise.