How do you feel about Liberty of the Seas

My family wants to cruise out of galveston on LOS, I'm trying for Harmony, but they won't have to fly to galveston.

Is LOS a good ship since theyve updated/added things - any advice, comments, etc. Are the shows good, etc?

We were on there last Oct and loved it so much we will be on again 1/2018. The In the Air show was great as was the ice show. Saturday Night Fever was not my thing, the acting was fine but the show itself is really kind of a downer I knew that going in but it just was strange to think about on vacation. We had a local singer and his fans on our cruise so we had different entertainment than others for a few shows. The water slides and updates were great. There are a few parades with the characters if there will be any children. All in all we loved Liberty.

I loved the ship before she was updated. I haven't had the chance to sail on her since,but I'd love to. The new additions look spectacular. My only issue is that A) my wife won't book anything other than an Oasis class (except for the random anthem booking on my dashboard) and it is in Galveston and that is a pain to get to

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

We were on there last Oct and loved it so much we will be on again 1/2018. The In the Air show was great as was the ice show. Saturday Night Fever was not my thing, the acting was fine but the show itself is really kind of a downer I knew that going in but it just was strange to think about on vacation. We had a local singer and his fans on our cruise so we had different entertainment than others for a few shows. The water slides and updates were great. There are a few parades with the characters if there will be any children. All in all we loved Liberty.

What made SNF a downer to you? I think I'd love it, b/c I love the music - thanks everyone

I loved the ship before she was updated. I haven't had the chance to sail on her since,but I'd love to. The new additions look spectacular. My only issue is that A) my wife won't book anything other than an Oasis class (except for the random anthem booking on my dashboard) and it is in Galveston and that is a pain to get to

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I know what your wife means, I hate to book anything else besides the oasis class, I just love that class of ship

That's why I'm wondering about the Liberty - plus I love love Grease!

What made SNF a downer to you? I think I'd love it, b/c I love the music - thanks everyone

The story line with attempted teen suicide/accidental death, teen pregnancy, gang vs gang, rape. I had seen the show before so I knew the story line but all I remembered was the dancing not all of the crazy stuff the show also covers. Nothing was graphic or anything but you did know what was happening. Royal did handle it tactfully those just aren't topics I like to watch when I am on vacation.

I was on it last October after the refit and it is now one of my new favorite ships, not to mention the pricing deals you can get are great. I feel that it has that small ship service quality but realistically the ship is quite large and there is plenty to do. I was on the Oasis back in 2010 so I cannot recall the comparison vs the Oasis class, but Ill be on the Allure next month and I will make a final judgment. All in all you cannot go wrong with it. I would've taken a cruise on it over the Allure, but I got such a good deal, I couldn't pass the Allure up.

We've been on three cruises on Liberty, and have two more scheduled. It's a beautiful ship, and there is plenty to do. The public spaces are wonderful, and there seem to be plenty of bars. We have always had hump balconies but in October we're trying an aft balcony! So...we love her and would recommend sailing her to anyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My family wants to cruise out of galveston on LOS, I'm trying for Harmony, but they won't have to fly to galveston.

Is LOS a good ship since theyve updated/added things - any advice, comments, etc. Are the shows good, etc?

We had a group of 50 on LOS last March. We all loved the ship. MDR service and food was mediocre but not horrible and specialty restaurants were worth the money. We would sail on LOS again without question.

We did Liberty end of April this year and last, Ice show is always great went to Saturday Night Fever twice, good show not Broadway but entertaining. also excellent classic guitar player and a couple of funny comedians, was disappointed with Giovanni's which I normally love but Chops was very good

We just got back from a cruise on July 9th and had a wonderful cruise, service and everything was very good and felt the food was better then our recent Serenade cruise, two years ago. We didn't attend SNL as we had a function to go to with friends. Ship was a very good condition.

Was on her 3 day cruise to nowhere back in 2007, have done her 3 more times, scheduled for Sept. 2018.

We love her! Keep in mind, Harmony does not have a pool in her Solarium, Liberty does. Just in case you are a water baby like us. If you are wanting an Oasis class ship, I'd do the other 3.

DW and I were on Liberty in November 2016 and again in May. The ship is very nice and our stateroom attendants, the dining service and other crew took good care of us. The only downside is that the Internet is spotty and slow if you like to stay connected. If you are Diamond Plus they have a Suite Lounge instead of Concierge Lounge; but we were well taken care of in the Diamond Lounge both times. There is a lot to do and see onboard, including a musical and ice show. They have some nice water rides too! This ship is one of our favorites!

Edited by WeighAnchor

Internet in Liberty should be markedly better now since they have transitioned to the O3b service.

Hope so! I paid for a whole lot of nothing in June. 🤣

Internet in Liberty should be markedly better now since they have transitioned to the O3b service.

Has this upgrade happened since this past May 2017?

This link has an image of a speed test I did onboard and it was about as good as it got and a lot of the time there was no service at all:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52978603

Has this upgrade happened since this past May 2017?

This link has an image of a speed test I did onboard and it was about as good as it got and a lot of the time there was no service at all:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52978603

I believe it was reported here that O3b went live on July 2.

I took my son for his senior trip in April of 2016, just him and I, and we loved the ship. We are booked again for February of 2018!

Laurie

I have been on liberty several times and have been on Harmony, by hands down the harmony was much better with service, entertainment and activities. Liberty doesn't have much going on after 10:30. Liberty is a good value but in my opinion harmony beats in in every aspect but price.

Sent from my H1611 using Forums mobile app