How Do People Get So Much OBC?

AZ Ocean Lover

It was from Princess. Not something she had made up. I am still looking for a copy. I might have brought the copy with me, but it could be in one of the many boxes that I have. Will keep looking.

Thanks.

Not sure why the loyalty info was removed from the Princess website.

No unless you cancelled your existing reservation & booked it again using a FCD.

I agree cancel and rebook to apply.

In addition.......you could apply as many FCD's as you want but you would not get any OBC over the initial first 2 applied.

Just the $100 off the cruise price as an additional down payment.

There is a booklet which we got when we turned elite. Lists loyalty benefits and they are ONE per cabin. Also, on a recent Regal cruise, they offered double FCC if you booked on board for certain European and TA cruises. We got three of the doubles.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It's important to check the total price...for a future cruise our booking through my TA resulted in a lower net price than with a big box store reservation. The big box store increased the Princess price by hundreds of dollars & offset their higher price by giving more OBC.

So the total cost with less OBC from my TA was still cheaper than with the big box store so it's always good to check multiple booking options for the best price.

We used the big box store for our next cruise to Norway (18 days to Norway on the Pacific) because we never saw the OS on sale (6 of 10 suites were booked within 4 hours of opening). We booked directly with Princess on the day the Europe cruises opened and then transferred to the TA. All of the prices of the other cabins have increased (some by 1000 pp) since we booked.

To answer the question:

FCC = $300

TA = $1735 (refundable, but the shorex are in excess of 2k)

CCL = $250

CC = (25 - 50) we got $50 last time because we have different last names

Total of $2310 - 2335 of OBC

We have since changed TAs because the new TA beat the old TA's price, and instead of OBC, you get the discount up front (10% discount off the price of PH Suite 10-day Alaska 2018).

There is a booklet which we got when we turned elite. Lists loyalty benefits and they are ONE per cabin. Also, on a recent Regal cruise, they offered double FCC if you booked on board for certain European and TA cruises. We got three of the doubles.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I thought it was one per cabin. But we got two! This was on a March Regal cruise. Maybe they made a mistake in our favor. But we got two at $25. each. I really want to know the answer to this .

I thought it was one per cabin. But we got two! This was on a March Regal cruise. Maybe they made a mistake in our favor. But we got two at $25. each. I really want to know the answer to this .

Do you have different last names? We always get two invitations to the CC party but have never won the champagne.

I have attached a copy of a Princess document about the Loyalty OBC for cruises 21 and beyond. I daughter (also our TA:D) got it from the Captain's Circle representative on the Coral a couple of weeks ago. You may need to rotate the view or tilt you monitor on its side.... Basically it states the OBC is per Household.

Hope this works and helps!

Mike

HPscan_0227.pdf

Okay, I am trying it again with a jpg file of the relevant text... Hopefully, easier for most people to look at. Oh, and it shouldn't have been "I daughter...", but "Our daughter" of course in my last message. So much for proof reading...

Mike

694696005_LoyaltyOBC.JPG.f86d011c0fef2009a7bb19f6bd4d1213.JPG

No, same last names. I really wish I knew if it was a mistake..

Yes, according to the Princess Academy course, it was (probably) a mistake: "Loyalty Commend Onboard Credit is applied per household, rather than one person. For example, husband & wife traveling in one cabin who have both completed 25 cruses receive one onboard credit of $25 to share." So if you're siblings with the same surname who don't live together you're entitled to one credit apiece. But if you're cohabitating, even an unmarried couple or parent and child, you're only entitled to one. You lucked out; enjoy.