P&O introduce Military Credit...at long last

Midsomer Madness

P&o have introduced military credit for serving and retired British forces on cruises booked from 15th May 2015. Proof of service is needed and cruises booked before that date are not eligible...shame as we missed out on 2...but qualify for 2 so not all bad. The link is here, if links are not allowed i apologise in advance and the info can be found under the frequently asked questions on the p&o website

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/before-you-sail/military

It's about time they introduced this, it's been available with Cunard for years!

Sorry, yes, my typo, will amend! Thanks! Only I left it too long and now can't amend it..but it is May 2014 and not May 2015!

That's a pity, but a least you can take advantage on future cruises:)

Molly

Great information. Does anybody know details of where within MOD application for proof of service should be submitted?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not sure but hubby seems to think if you contact the veterans agency in the first instance they might be able to help. Hubby kept his "red book" with discharge details showing and we scanned that and sent it off and it was certainly acceptable for Cunard so presume it will suffice for p&o as imagine it's all done in the same office..the email address is certainly the same!

It's strange how when it's normal OBC nobody bats an eyelid, when it's something only some get the green eye monster puts in an appearance!

It's something which happens on almost every American cruiseline because they value what their armed forces do...as p&o are part of an American company they obviously thought it was about time they came into line with the rest of the carnival fleet..

I think it's a very nice gesture and would think the same whether I was married to a serviceman or not...

It's strange how when it's normal OBC nobody bats an eyelid, when it's something only some get the green eye monster puts in an appearance!

It's something which happens on almost every American cruiseline because they value what their armed forces do...as p&o are part of an American company they obviously thought it was about time they came into line with the rest of the carnival fleet..

I think it's a very nice gesture and would think the same whether I was married to a serviceman or not...

This isn't the USA!

When it was first introduced by Cunard, it was US only at first and at an emotional time re the Armed Forces. It was introduced for UK later. I don't know if the guidelines are still the same, but it did apply to those who had been National Servicemen not just regulars.

Whilst I respect the right of others to have and express views and opinions with which I disagree or sometimes find offensive, it is sad such a fine gesture by P&O towards our armed forces attracts much comment of what appears to be envy. Whilst any death or injury in the course of duty by anybody is very regrettable and sad, the military make greater sacrifice than any of the other groups mentioned in some of the foregoing contributors comments. How regrettable that some within those work groups referred to as being equally deserving, strike or adopt work practices so alien to any reasonable sense of fair play. But the armed forces, not saints nor above the law when they do wrong, volunteer and just soldier on not least to ensure free speech. If I get my Forces obc I will enjoy spending every last penny of it but, knowing my luck, I will up sat next to a person on my next cruise who if not moaning about this issue, will find something similarly obscure to generally berate P&O. Hay ho. I'll wait for the stream of vitriol to start streaming in ..........

Whilst I respect the right of others to have and express views and opinions with which I disagree or sometimes find offensive, it is sad such a fine gesture by P&O towards our armed forces attracts much comment of what appears to be envy. Whilst any death or injury in the course of duty by anybody is very regrettable and sad, the military make greater sacrifice than any of the other groups mentioned in some of the foregoing contributors comments. How regrettable that some within those work groups referred to as being equally deserving, strike or adopt work practices so alien to any reasonable sense of fair play. But the armed forces, not saints nor above the law when they do wrong, volunteer and just soldier on not least to ensure free speech. If I get my Forces obc I will enjoy spending every last penny of it but, knowing my luck, I will up sat next to a person on my next cruise who if not moaning about this issue, will find something similarly obscure to generally berate P&O. Hay ho. I'll wait for the stream of vitriol to start streaming in ..........

Well said! I have no connection to the military but I don't have a problem with it at all.

This board is getting very argumentative!

Edited by P&O SUE

I'm not, and never have been a serving member, retired member or any other member of the military services.

However, my respect for them is and always has been immense and as such I am thrilled that they have been given this extra credit.