P&O introduce Military Credit...at long last

Midsomer Madness

Great information. Does anybody know details of where within MOD application for proof of service should be submitted?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Open web site M.O.D.Gov.uk and then print off Subject Access request form (F1694-Nov13) When sending off filled out form you will need copy of passport/driving licence. Address where to send it is on the form.

P & O state that the benefit can be applied for 7 days before departure.

it is possible to get up to £125 per person on board spend

Sent from my desk top Lenovo

Good news, I have just today booked Aurora for September 2015. I served 3 years in the British Regular Army, 63-66 before migrating to Australia. I also served in the Australian Army.

I have my British Army red discharge book, will E mail a copy and give it a run.

Thanks for posting the intelligence.

NB: Princess and P&O Australia have been giving the OBC to Australian and US/Canadian serving/retired military for some years now. Pays for a bit of vino on board.

Edited by NSWP

Some house builders give discounts and special deals to people serving in the forces, some shops do NHS staff discounts, loads of places do student discount, civil servants can get Costco cards, pensioners get cheaper meals in pubs or cinema ticket discounts. Sometimes deals and bonuses are done as a "Thank You", or an acknowledgement of peoples hard work and commitment, other times it's done to help boost a companies profile with a large section of the community.

I think it's a nice thing that p&o are doing, and if they were giving OBC to anyone for whatever reason I would rather it be to current/ex service people than to people who complain about the state of the towel animals, or the attitude of the waiting staff.

At the end of the day it's a commercial decision and brings them in-line with the other parts of the company so it's hardly surprising: I just hope they expand it to other nationalities.

Well said Cloudyrain as ex serviceman could have not said it any better you hit Nail on head

About time too!

Hi All

Just tried to get onboard credit for my military service (23 years) I was told, this afternoon that I would have to apply at least 8 days prior to commencement of 14 day cruise and that I would have to be on the top flight of booking. If I booked on the saverfare then the on board credit would not be paid What I may have gained on the military credit would have been lost in the cruise fare paid at the top of the range.:(

Hi All

Just tried to get onboard credit for my military service (23 years) I was told, this afternoon that I would have to apply at least 8 days prior to commencement of 14 day cruise and that I would have to be on the top flight of booking. If I booked on the saverfare then the on board credit would not be paid What I may have gained on the military credit would have been lost in the cruise fare paid at the top of the range.:(

That's a bit rough. Fix bayonets ! Charge !!

Hi All

Could one just be grateful for any OBS given, rather than moan about some of its t and c.

I assume from your wording that if you book select or early saver fare you get it.

If you book a saver fare ,you don't.

As there is usually a significant price drop in saver fares from the select prices, surely that will more than make up for not getting the obs. cake/eating comes to mind.

Hi All

Hi, the information you have been given is wrong. Was it P&O or a TA who told you that? As long as you comply with the instructions I have pasted below you will be okay.

Do you offer military benefits?

Yes we are pleased to offer on board credit to serving military, retired military and disabled military veterans for bookings made from the 15 May 2014* when booking a P&O Cruises Select or Early Saver Fare.**

We can offer this benefit to serving personnel currently serving in the following service divisions: British Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force or Reserves with a copy of their official military ID card.

We will require:

Identification for serving personnel

Proof of service issued by the MOD for retired personnel (there is a specific document retired personnel can obtain from the MOD for this purpose).

The amount of on board credit per person, is applicable for the 1st and 2nd passengers only and depends on the duration of the cruise:

2- 6 nights - £15 per person

7-13 nights - £30 per person

14-21 nights - £75 per person

22 nights + - £125 per person

After you have made your booking please email a copy of your identification / proof of service to militarybenefits@carnivalukgroup.com including your:

Name

Booking reference

Ship

Cruise number

Alternatively, you can send the above information by post:

Military Benefits

Carnival UK

Carnival House

100 Harbour Parade

Southampton

Hampshire

SO15 1ST

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes we are pleased to offer on board credit to serving military, retired military and disabled military veterans for bookings made from the 15 May 2014* when booking a P&O Cruises Select or Early Saver Fare.**

Interesting, so P&O only offer military credit to those who are willing to pay the higher fare categories..Bit insulting IMO

Interesting, so P&O only offer military credit to those who are willing to pay the higher fare categories..Bit insulting IMO

I can't see how it is insulting at all.

If you CHOOSE to book a saver fare you get a cruise at a much much cheaper price than those who have paid select/early saver.

As I said before cake/eat comes to mind.

As ex serviceman been both conflicts South Atlantic ,Gulf , I am really proud too see our actions

been rewarded as good will gesture i never asked for Free on Board Credit or for Free Upgrades even though I have sailed with Princess Cruises in past , Thomson Cruises , it personally it does not bother me old saying if its for me it will not go past me comes too mind it was just off chance i was paying T.A when i was looking inside my wallet for my debit card that young lady saw i had Military Veterans card being that she was engaged or Married too serving soldier , TA said did i know P/O give extra on board credit to Servicemen or Ex Servicemen in my case to this i informed her i have already received onboard credit on Select booking of £70 she took copy of my Army service details phoned me few days ago told me increased to £75pp i am really thankful for Extra O.B.C may not sound much but pays towards Gratuities and I am going to have wonderful time on Board Britannia Jan 1st 2016 Celebrating my silver wedding we love to thank you young lady TA for being very observant in our case :)

As ex serviceman been both conflicts South Atlantic ,Gulf , I am really proud too see our actions

been rewarded as good will gesture i never asked for Free on Board Credit or for Free Upgrades even though I have sailed with Princess Cruises in past , Thomson Cruises , it personally it does not bother me old saying if its for me it will not go past me comes too mind it was just off chance i was paying T.A when i was looking inside my wallet for my debit card that young lady saw i had Military Veterans card being that she was engaged or Married too serving soldier , TA said did i know P/O give extra on board credit to Servicemen or Ex Servicemen in my case to this i informed her i have already received onboard credit on Select booking of £70 she took copy of my Army service details phoned me few days ago told me increased to £75pp i am really thankful for Extra O.B.C may not sound much but pays towards Gratuities and I am going to have wonderful time on Board Britannia Jan 1st 2016 Celebrating my silver wedding we love to thank you young lady TA for being very observant in our case :)

Well done and well deserved. Enjoy it! 😀

Good news, I have just today booked Aurora for September 2015. I served 3 years in the British Regular Army, 63-66 before migrating to Australia. I also served in the Australian Army.

I have my British Army red discharge book, will E mail a copy and give it a run.

Thanks for posting the intelligence.

NB: Princess and P&O Australia have been giving the OBC to Australian and US/Canadian serving/retired military for some years now. Pays for a bit of vino on board.

I thought I would give you an update on my application for British Military OBC for Aurora/Oriana cruises next year. I forwarded the application with copy of discharge book to P&O UK and my agent in Australia, P&O UK declined to deal with it as the booking was made in Australia (had to be we cannot book direct with P&O UK !!), flick passing it to P&O Australia. P&O Australia don't want a bar of it and won't deal with it, my cruise agent's hands are tied, he has tried but to no avail, P&O won't talk to him.

So what is my next step, forward it to CEO of Carnival UK and Carnival Australia, or perhaps complaint to Dept of Fair Trading, UK/Australia ? Any advice appreciated. P&O UK website says nothing at all about Australian residents being denied British Military OBC if they qualify, which in my opinion, I do.

Any one else had problems getting the military obc from P&O UK?

Fix bayonets...Charge !!

Edited by NSWP

I thought I would give you an update on my application for British Military OBC for Aurora/Oriana cruises next year. I forwarded the application with copy of discharge book to P&O UK and my agent in Australia, P&O UK declined to deal with it as the booking was made in Australia (had to be we cannot book direct with P&O UK !!), flick passing it to P&O Australia. P&O Australia don't want a bar of it and won't deal with it, my cruise agent's hands are tied, he has tried but to no avail, P&O won't talk to him.

So what is my next step, forward it to CEO of Carnival UK and Carnival Australia, or perhaps complaint to Dept of Fair Trading, UK/Australia ? Any advice appreciated. P&O UK website says nothing at all about Australian residents being denied British Military OBC if they qualify, which in my opinion, I do.

Fix bayonets...Charge !!

Please do update us as to how you get on with this.

I would email david dingle. He does seem to have been pretty good at solving problems in the past.

David Dingle <David.Dingle@carnivalukgroup.com>

good luck..

Fix bayonets...Charge !!

Nope, got mine within 48 hours, they emailed me an updated invoice showing the OBC

Ease springs 👍😀

Edited by PRINCESSTHE BEST

Nope, got mine within 48 hours, they emailed me an updated invoice showing the OBC

Ease springs 👍😀

Watch & Shoot never got problem, sorted straight away in my case:)

you have done everything that has been asked of you NSWP

I would try English Lady Advice next good luck

At last! P&O are normally 2 to 3 years behind other cruise companies when bringing in changes, but this new guy appears to have his finger on the pulse and is dragging P&O into the 21st century. Well done Sir

Hi there,

This is my first comment on P.&.O. I have only done 2 cruises with this line, I am a Cunard cruiser with over 40 cruises. I only did National Service and was one of the last to do it, so I would imagine not many Nat Servicemen claiming o.b.s.due to our age, so the vast majority of ex service people claiming will be ex regular service and good luck to then, it seems to me a lot of jealous people out there. If those people out there who are complaining why not buy some Carnival Shares to get the same benefits. I get two lots of o.b.s. one with being a Share Holder and the other with Military Service.:D:D;)

Hi there,

This is my first comment on P.&.O. I have only done 2 cruises with this line, I am a Cunard cruiser with over 40 cruises. I only did National Service and was one of the last to do it, so I would imagine not many Nat Servicemen claiming o.b.s.due to our age, so the vast majority of ex service people claiming will be ex regular service and good luck to then, it seems to me a lot of jealous people out there. If those people out there who are complaining why not buy some Carnival Shares to get the same benefits. I get two lots of o.b.s. one with being a Share Holder and the other with Military Service.:D:D;)

Hi, you are fully entitled to both shareholder and Military OBC, so enjoy it, I know I will.

Also, as I said in my earlier post, I am warming to Christopher Edgington. He appears to be more organised and customer focused than his predecessor. If this continues I might have to change my CC name to P&ONEARLYTHEBEST