Upsell Fairy!!!

We're 4 days out and got the upsell fairy call this afternoon! We upgraded from a regular balcony to an ocean suite. I. Can. Not. Wait. Only my 3rd cruise. Upsell call was an unexpected surprise.[/quote

Congrats. I got the same call in February for my April 23 Conquest cruise, for the same price as you. I'm so excited, as We've never sailed in a suite before!!! Enjoy your cruise:D

So Carnival may actually call and ask if you want to upgrade? I don't usually answer numbers I don't recognize.

Likewise, I don't answer numbers I don't know. Actually, I don't answer numbers I do know, unless it's my wife. I hate the phone, if you need me, email me or text me. But with that said, I will answer calls from the 305 (Miami) area code just in case it's Carnival calling. Unfortunately I haven't gotten "that call" yet. :(

I got an upsell call last week offering a move from my Lido balcony to an OS for $698.00 on my April 1 cruise (7 day). They left a voice mail message and emailed. I declined - I have a Captain's Suite booked for my anniversary in November and really didn't want to leave Lido Deck anyway. But congrats to you! We did an OS on the Triumph 3 years ago & I loved the extra room - I'm sure you'll have a great cruise!

Yes they do. But it is an upsell call looking for additional money for the upsell.

Yes it seems' date=' gone are the days of the [b']FREE[/b] upgrade (at least category upgrade). Carnival is trying to sell upgraded cabins to existing guests instead of cutting the price of those cabins to fill the ship.

i received an upsell call a few weeks ago for our cruise that leaves day after tomorrow. It was about 3 weeks out. It was the same $400 for a 5 day cruise for an OS from an Aft extended balcony on Ecstasy. We went for it. Our first suite. Mainly because I didn't like the idea of the third bed being directly over our heads (we are taking our 13 yo grand daughter on her first cruise. Your first cruise shouldn't be in a suite, but good to spoil such a precious child and then send her home to her parents, LOL. Actually, I got a call and didn't answer it but he left a voicemail. I think I also got an email, but it went to my junk folder. Yes, I booked direct. He didn't even pressure me when I called back. I told him I needed to talk to my wife. He said the offer is mine if I want it and if it is still available when I called back. It wasn't a "you have to take it right now" kind of offer. I liked that. I see now that the ship had 1 stateroom left 2 days ago. I think they decide it is easier to sell an interior than a suite, so they just start offering upgrades and if people take them, then they have a chance to sell the less expensive cabins to fill up and they end up making up some of the cost of the suite.

Anyways, enjoy your cruise, I know we will. Can't wait to taste "The Suite Life" on a cruise ship.

I think they decide it is easier to sell an interior than a suite, so they just start offering upgrades and if people take them, then they have a chance to sell the less expensive cabins to fill up and they end up making up some of the cost of the suite.

I guess that's one of their approach in filling up the ship. It's easier for them to attract a booked passenger with a suite for just an incremental price, rather than the full price to just a prospective passenger.

I guess that's one of their approach in filling up the ship. It's easier for them to attract a booked passenger with a suite for just an incremental price, rather than the full price to just a prospective passenger.

That's what I thought when I got my upgrade. It's probably easier for them to sell my balcony cabin than the Ocean Suite. I checked my original cabin the next day, and it was already gone.

Congrats! We received an upsell call a few years ago followed by an email with pictures of the suite that was being offered. The call was from a 305 area code and our caller ID showed Carnival! Needless to say I jumped on it and accepted the offer.

The only time I've ever received a call for a free upgrade was several years ago from Princess. I was offered an upgrade from a mini-suite to a full suite. My wife and I loved it. The free laundry was really nice.

Take lots of pictures. Happy cruising!

i received an upsell call a few weeks ago for our cruise that leaves day after tomorrow. It was about 3 weeks out. It was the same $400 for a 5 day cruise for an os from an aft extended balcony on ecstasy. We went for it. Our first suite. Mainly because i didn't like the idea of the third bed being directly over our heads (we are taking our 13 yo grand daughter on her first cruise. Your first cruise shouldn't be in a suite, but good to spoil such a precious child and then send her home to her parents, lol. Actually, i got a call and didn't answer it but he left a voicemail. I think i also got an email, but it went to my junk folder. Yes, i booked direct. He didn't even pressure me when i called back. I told him i needed to talk to my wife. He said the offer is mine if i want it and if it is still available when i called back. It wasn't a "you have to take it right now" kind of offer. I liked that. I see now that the ship had 1 stateroom left 2 days ago. i think they decide it is easier to sell an interior than a suite, so they just start offering upgrades and if people take them, then they have a chance to sell the less expensive cabins to fill up and they end up making up some of the cost of the suite.

anyways, enjoy your cruise, i know we will. Can't wait to taste "the suite life" on a cruise ship.

exactly !

Usually you get those calls when they have a person looking to book your category cabin. Sometimes it's as simple as a family of 4 needing the extra beds that might in the cabin you and hubby got. I was told that final head counts are done about 10 days before sail date and matched to specific cabins and sometimes they find 3 passengers booked in a cabin for 2 so they have to start moving people around. Our last cruise was "oversold" which only means they have more than the typical capacity count of 2 per cabin so the juggling around sometimes is more complex. We had a guarantee cabin and was morning of cruise before we had an assigned cabin due to that very issue.

Usually you get those calls when they have a person looking to book your category cabin. Sometimes it's as simple as a family of 4 needing the extra beds that might in the cabin you and hubby got. I was told that final head counts are done about 10 days before sail date and matched to specific cabins and sometimes they find 3 passengers booked in a cabin for 2 so they have to start moving people around. Our last cruise was "oversold" which only means they have more than the typical capacity count of 2 per cabin so the juggling around sometimes is more complex. We had a guarantee cabin and was morning of cruise before we had an assigned cabin due to that very issue.

That would freak me out to not have a cabin assigned until then. My mom's need for an accessible and the total uncertainty is why I've never booked a guarantee though. Wish I could though since they are always so much cheaper.

That would freak me out to not have a cabin assigned until then. My mom's need for an accessible and the total uncertainty is why I've never booked a guarantee though. Wish I could though since they are always so much cheaper.

I fully understand that type situation. We never do guarantee inside cabins since there are so many we would hate to get.