From west palm beach INT to Miami

sweetjem

Hello has anyone every used a a Good reliable car service from PBI to MIami downtown? And any suggestion for a good seafood restaurant close walking distance from Intercontinental and a safe walk not to far.

PBI is 70 miles from downtown Miami. Why fly there when there are two other major airports much closer?

I'm guessing original poster is flying in to PBI because if you've looked at airfare coming into Miami and Ft Lauderdale lately (coming out of the northeast at least), its expensive. PBI has some pretty reasonable fares especially with Jet Blue.

Like someone else said check super shuttle. We are flying into PBI again in two weeks for a Miami cruise.

PBI is 70 miles from downtown Miami. Why fly there when there are two other major airports much closer?

I was wondering how far it was from PBI to miami... was looking into flying in there and then flying out of miami after i get off the ship... coming from the west coast to miami is quite a jaunt and airfare can get up there... but gotta do what i gotta do to get there.. :-)

Hello has anyone every used a a Good reliable car service from PBI to MIami downtown? And any suggestion for a good seafood restaurant close walking distance from Intercontinental and a safe walk not to far.

A very nice seafood restaurant not far from the Intercontinental is Truluck's.

http://trulucks.com/pages/miami-florida

Keith

A very nice seafood restaurant not far from the Intercontinental is Truluck's.

http://trulucks.com/pages/miami-florida

Keith

Trulucks is very very nice and upscale but it's about a 10 - 12 block walk. Bayside is closer and has a couple of decent casual seafood restaurants overlooking the marina like Tradewinds. Forget about Bubba Gumps.

Edited by AdGuyMG

The trip from PBI to downtown Miami hotels will take about 90 or so minutes. Check with Larry's Limos (often suggested for Miami service ;)); my guess is that you'll save a lot of $$ by renting a car one-way PBI to MIA and then taking a taxi (about $25+tip) to your hotel.

For a seafood restaurant near the IC--if you are looking for something more exotic than red snapper or Florida lobster, there's Ceviche 105.

http://www.ceviche105.com/

Don't worry if you have never been to a Peruvian restaurant before (though I know there are many in the Arlington area); the menu is quite descriptive and the servers will help you find what is best for your taste. But they will also talk up the daily specials, which will be both freshly-caught & prepared and significantly pricier than the regular menu. Still a very worthwhile splurge.

I'm guessing original poster is flying in to PBI because if you've looked at airfare coming into Miami and Ft Lauderdale lately (coming out of the northeast at least), its expensive. PBI has some pretty reasonable fares especially with Jet Blue.

Like someone else said check super shuttle. We are flying into PBI again in two weeks for a Miami cruise.

You were right 500 cheaper on peoplesEx nonstop thanks so much

The best private car service might be the one you rent and drive yourself. I use a small, reliable private car service from Fort Lauderdale to MIA and it costs about $100. From PBI to Miami would cost well over $150, but there might me a company that does it for less.

You were right 500 cheaper on peoplesEx nonstop thanks so much

we are also using people's express and have found that for that price, we get non stop flights, an extra day of vacation which includes hotel, renting a car at west palm beach airport, (in lieu of $200 minimum shuttle to port plus tip), parking at port and still have money left over. Not counting freedom of when, where and how to get around.

Hoping that People's express will be in Newport News, Va for a while, we truly miss AirTran.