Slow Day post

LHT28

It is a slow day here so decided to catch up on some reviews for Oceania :D

Wow I am amazed at the number of people you just put down their credit card & do not investigate what the cruise line is all about

what they do & do not included & then complain

they do not check if transfers are included just ASSUME

do not check the prices of excursions then COMPLAIN about the prices

Do check if all inclusive drinks included then complain when they have to sign for them

I am always amazed at people ...well it keeps life interesting

Back to my boring day ;)

Lyn

I am amazed as well. When I was planning a river cruise with Uniworld this past July is when I came across CC. I just assumed everyone who was cruising was doing the same. Boy was I surprised. The majority of the people I talked to did little if any research, didn't even have a company brochure, and didn't even know about things like there was a pool on the river cruise ship. So it is always surprising to see the things people complain about that if they simply read a brochure would avoid frustration and conflict.

On a slightly different tack regarding not doing any research - a few years ago a couple we know booked a cruise on the Legend from Miami, including air from London. A while after another couple asked if they could join them but didn't want the air as they had friends they would visit pre-cruise in Miami. They duly went to a TA and booked a cruise only on the Legend departing on the same date. The 2 couples exchanged cabin numbers and arranged to meet on the first evening.

Fast forward to the first evening - they couldn't find each other!! After a lot of work by the reception staff on Legend of the Seas it turned out that the second couple were on Carnival Legend. Both ships had left Miami on the same day. :eek::D

Fast forward to the first evening - they couldn't find each other!! After a lot of work by the reception staff on Legend of the Seas it turned out that the second couple were on Carnival Legend. Both ships had left Miami on the same day. :eek::D

That is funny

I bet they laugh about it now ;)

Lyn

on a slightly different tack regarding not doing any research - a few years ago a couple we know booked a cruise on the legend from miami, including air from london. A while after another couple asked if they could join them but didn't want the air as they had friends they would visit pre-cruise in miami. They duly went to a ta and booked a cruise only on the legend departing on the same date. The 2 couples exchanged cabin numbers and arranged to meet on the first evening.

Fast forward to the first evening - they couldn't find each other!! After a lot of work by the reception staff on legend of the seas it turned out that the second couple were on carnival legend. Both ships had left miami on the same day. :eek::d

hilarious!

I was trying to figure out how one couple could be on "Legend of the Seas" and the other couple on Carnival's "Legend" and not realize they were on different ships ...

But then, it's not uncommon for Regent folks to post here and refer to "Mariner" when they really mean "Marina" ... so I guess this is a warning for all of us to make sure that when we sail together we are REALLY sailing together!

:D

Mura

From time to time we've had folks ask questions about Oceana, the P&O ship. Some Regent folks get confused between Seven Seas Navigator and Navigator of the Seas, both commonly referred to as "Navigator". Marina has not only been called Mariner by Regent folks, but both Marina and Regent's Mariner are often confused with Mariner of the Seas.

From time to time we've had folks ask questions about Oceana, the P&O ship. Some Regent folks get confused between Seven Seas Navigator and Navigator of the Seas, both commonly referred to as "Navigator". Marina has not only been called Mariner by Regent folks, but both Marina and Regent's Mariner are often confused with Mariner of the Seas.

Sadly there are people who believe that Queen Elizabeth II's son will someday be King Charles III, too.

By the way, it is not as if the names of each of these ships has not been heavily publicized and promoted.

At what point do we decide that willful ignorance is no longer an excuse?

Sadly there are people who believe that Queen Elizabeth II's son will someday be King Charles III, too.

By the way, it is not as if the names of each of these ships has not been heavily publicized and promoted.

At what point do we decide that willful ignorance is no longer an excuse?

Not sure if you think it is sad that people think Charles will actually be King, or whether you think it sad that they think he will have title King Charles third. I wasn't aware that anyone knew for sure the answer to either! I agree that the name Charles has negative historic connections and he may choose e.g George.

But maybe you have Royal inside info?! Please share!

This Mariner/Marina and Legend/Legend makes me wonder if some people are surprised that the ship they board does not seem to be the ship they booked, or don't they really know what they have booked at all. Perhaps they really want an Magical Mystery Tour.

I loved the "Legend" story, but surely the discrepancy in the cabin numbers would make them suspicious? Seabourn's Legend's suite numbers are three digits and Carnival's are five? As you say, it is astonishing how little research is done.

Wont he be Charles III? He will be the third Charles. In my opinion there is no way he will not be King unless he should die before Elizabeth II.

I am not understanding the observation.

No Solas is correct, because of the bad connotations with the name Charles, it has been suggested that he will take the name George vii (7th). His Grandfather, George vi (6th) was known in the family as Bertie (Albert?). His Great Uncle Edward viii (8th) was known in the family as David. It doesn't follow that because he is known as Charles, he would take the name as Monarch.:)

Some people think that he won't be King is because the late Diana,Princess of Wales, said so.

Edited by turnip eater

Wont he be Charles III? He will be the third Charles. In my opinion there is no way he will not be King unless he should die before Elizabeth II.

I am not understanding the observation.

Charles may choose another name. His grandfather was prince Albert (Bertie to his family) but became King George.

The royal family may wish to steer clear of the name of King Charles as the first and second kings of that name have somewhat negative press! But as Charles is going to be in his sixties or even seventies when he becomes King it might seem a bit odd to change names then!

There was speculation he may not wish to even be King and would pass that on to William.

I am not very well versed on these matters, just picking up items in news, so happy to know if there is anything more I have missed!

Turnip Eater.......You are quite right, some monarchs take a different name from the one used within the family, but we have known the Prince of Wales as Charles for over 60 years, within the family and publicly so it might be quite difficult for the population to think of him as George or anything else. Not all Georges have been great either. Of course that is all my personal opinion which I appreciate is not very important. :D

Turnip Eater.......You are quite right, some monarchs take a different name from the one used within the family, but we have known the Prince of Wales as Charles for over 60 years, within the family and publicly so it might be quite difficult for the population to think of him as George or anything else. Not all Georges have been great either. Of course that is all my personal opinion which I appreciate is not very important. :D

Or the Williams :D:D

We returned to the port on an 'O' shuttle bus (it had the name card in the window) and the passenger sitting opposite asked us which ship we were on..."Insignia, the same as you. You shouldn't be on this bus unless you are on the Insignia". Looks like she saw the bus and jumped on board:confused: A P@O ship was in port that day, may be she thought you could get on any bus.

My first cruise was with a group of people flying in from all over. My flight had been booked by the Group leader who also stated that she would be flying in a day earlier and staying at the "Port Everglades Motel"

I boarded a flight to Miami on day of departure - landed in Miami - made my way out of arrivals and got on the shuttle to Port Everglades to Ft Lauderdale. When we got there, the driver asked which ship and I said RCCL Song of Norway - which wasn't there because it sails out of Miami. He was very kind - he dropped the last passenger off and raced back to Miami and I got there just in time.

Here's the kicker. It was a travel agent group and I was a travel agent.

My first cruise was with a group of people flying in from all over. My flight had been booked by the Group leader who also stated that she would be flying in a day earlier and staying at the "Port Everglades Motel"

I boarded a flight to Miami on day of departure - landed in Miami - made my way out of arrivals and got on the shuttle to Port Everglades to Ft Lauderdale. When we got there, the driver asked which ship and I said RCCL Song of Norway - which wasn't there because it sails out of Miami. He was very kind - he dropped the last passenger off and raced back to Miami and I got there just in time.

Here's the kicker. It was a travel agent group and I was a travel agent.

:eek::D

I was trying to figure out how one couple could be on "Legend of the Seas" and the other couple on Carnival's "Legend" and not realize they were on different ships ...

But then, it's not uncommon for Regent folks to post here and refer to "Mariner" when they really mean "Marina" ... so I guess this is a warning for all of us to make sure that when we sail together we are REALLY sailing together!

:D

Mura

The first couple had cruised a lot, always on RCI. They didn't use the 'of the Seas' part of the ship's name. The second couple had never cruised and had no idea that ships may have similar names.

When we asked why they didn't know they were going to different ports, they admitted that they had hadn't discussed the ports of call specifically - they just agreed to take a tour from each place they docked!

When we tell people here in the UK that we have cruised with Oceania - they ALWAYS assume we mean P & O's Oceana.

Brenda

When we tell people here in the UK that we have cruised with Oceania - they ALWAYS assume we mean P & O's Oceana.

Brenda

+1

I think that's one of the reasons that in the UK we call the cruise line OceanIa, as opposed to leaving the I silent, but people hear what they want to hear.:(

Edited by turnip eater

Would not have wanted to be your client then :D

Before I was a travel agent I worked in Air Canada Reservations. When I was new to the job, I got calls asking where was the best place to sit on the plane. Good question - I had never been in a airport, let alone on a plane.

The airline stuck me on a plane to London, Ontario and back same evening, shortly after, so I could talk a bit more intelligently. But I did get lots of calls asking if I could look out the window to see if the plane had landed - I was downtown.

The joy of youth and ignorance.:D

Edited by cruisingxpert