Golden Princess is coming to Australia in 2015!!

The golden princess has a big ugly butt!....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Talking about the 'pram handle@ (Skywalkers?) yes not the best looking rear end. Not as pretty as Aurora' and Oriana's 'butts' anyway, all those sloping open aft decks.

Yeah it's my dream to go through a ship yard and watch a mega ship be built

Did you know that diamond princess was originally going to be sapphire princess but they swapped them after a large fire during construction

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, I knew that. Found out while in Japan on the Diamond.:D

Talking about the 'pram handle@ (Skywalkers?) yes not the best looking rear end. Not as pretty as Aurora' and Oriana's 'butts' anyway, all those sloping open aft decks.

As Sir Mix-a lot sang 'I like big butts........., when a ship sails in, with a iddy biddy butt, I go .....:)

Edited by MicCanberra

I like my ship butts to look more Kim k and less like a pram.

Oasis of the seas has a nice butt.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Now she has a butt that would make ships some money as they would have twice as many aft cabins.:rolleyes:

The golden princess has a big ugly butt!....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I like my ship butts to look more Kim k and less like a pram.Oasis of the seas has a nice butt.Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

They are nick named shopping trolley ships.

The Star princess is the same. As well as being ugly , they shade the back deck area and make it dark and uninviting. On Diamond, Sapphire and following new builds , they still had the Skywalkers lounge , but pulled it back into the superstructure of the ship.

When I saw the Star Princess at Circular Quay back in 2003 (I think) I thought she was the most amazing thing I'd ever seen. An enormous ship with this incredibly futuristic structure at her rear. I know that design caused shading over the rear pools which wasn't popular but I'm looking forward to seeing the Golden Princess in person, in Melbourne. That rear end design has a certain 'Thunderbirds are Go!' appeal.

cheers

Stu

Heres a shot of Star Princess from the bridge cam of Grand Princess showing how the shadow of the SkyWalkers Lounge "shopping trolley handle" , throws a shadow on the back deck . Golden Princess is the same.

I get the name, but don't mind the design.

Very interested in this one.

19-Apr-16

Tue

GOLDEN

South Pacific

Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific

SYDNEY, Fiordland National Park scenic cruising, Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Akaroa, Wellington, Auckland, Pago Pago, Bora Bora, Tahiti (Papeete), Honolulu, LOS ANGELES

you can also do a 30 nighted on the above cruise if you leave from Melbourne.

Thanks for posting them. Does anyone know where it goes to after Los Angeles?

chez

Here is the information I've found in the back of the 2015 Alaska & Canada Brochure-09/09/2015 Inside Passage (10 nights); 09/19/2015 Hawaii, Tahiti & New Caledonia (28 nights); 10/18/2015 New Caledonia & Vanuatu (10 nights); 10/2082015 Sydney-Melbourne (2 nights); 10/30/2015; New Caledonia & Vanuatu (13 nights); 4 consecutive cruises of 13 nights each to New Zealand, the 12/21/2015 is over Christmas/New Year; 01/03/2016 Tasmania (7 nights); 2 more trips to New Zealand; o2/02/2026 Tasmania (7 nights); 2 more trips to New Zealand; 03/08/2016 New Caledonia & Vanuatu; (14 nights); 03/22/2016 New Zealand (13 nights); 03/03/2016 unknown cruise destination, not in my brochure but available at http://www.princess.com where I also found 03/17/2016 Melbourne-Sydney (2 nights) then a 28 day cruise to Japan. This is all the information I have available, hope it helps someone

Crochetcruise

• 3 months later...

Looking into the repo out of San Fran in Sept 2015. I like the Itenerary. It is our 50th anniversary as it is also "princess" 50th. Hmmmm Reading some of the reviews scares me about the staff. I have been on the Grand 3 different times and enjoyed it every time. I hope the crew is more pleasant than what I am reading. "SCARY" looking FORWARD TO CRUISING WITH NEW FRIENDS ON THIS SHIP. There I go again with typing mistakes, :)

If the Golden is anything like the Grand it will be great. We just got of the RCCL Oasis, what a ship that is. WOW. It is huge, and 6400 passengers, It was unbelievable.

Going off past cruises are the dates as follows:

19th September - San Francisco (always 4 sea days to Hawaii)

24th September - Honolulu

25th September - Maui

30th September - Tahiti

1st October - Bora Bora

4th October - Pago Pago

Lose 1 day - 3 days at sea

9th October - Auckland

11th October - Wellington

12th October - Akaroa

13th October - Dunedin

14th October - Fiordland

18th October - Sydney

Golden Princess will Leave San Francisco on the 19th September as I have just booked the preceding Alaska cruise.

My wife and I are going on this cruise out of SanFran in Sept of 2015. It will be our 50th Anniversary. The reviews Kind of scared me. but I am a loyall Princess guy and am looking forward to the cruise.

This is fantastic news! However, it's quite an aggressive move on the part of Princess. With 5 x Princess ships, 2 x Carnival ships, 2 x Celebrity ships, 3 (potentially 4) x RCI ships, do people honestly think there is going to be room for P&O after awhile...?

P&O have been cruising in Australia for a LONG time - I believe they are actually way ahead of the cruising game. The visiting carpet baggers are all doing the SP islands and NZ - same old same old - it is only P&O who have been initiating new itineraries.

I think you might find that it may be some of the bigger ships which run home with their tails between their legs!!

barry

4skagway_zps05f8015b.jpg

Heres a shot of Star Princess from the bridge cam of Grand Princess showing how the shadow of the SkyWalkers Lounge "shopping trolley handle" , throws a shadow on the back deck . Golden Princess is the same.

Great - that would make it an ideal ship for cruising in Aussie waters. There is never enough shade available on ships in Aussie waters!!!!

Barry