QUANTUM Online Check-In Updated!

eroller

FYI for those who have already completed their online check-in, I went back into mine and new fields have been added. I was able to upload my boarding photo, select an arrival time at the pier, and input more complete credit card info. This is all part of the new online check-in and boarding process for QUANTUM.

Attached is my new SetSail Pass which includes my "Arrival Appointment" and also shows my onboard expense account & security photo are complete. It also shows I'm in boarding group F whatever that means. In addition there is now a place to staple your luggage receipts for tracking purposes. Pretty cool!

FYI I've redacted some of the personal info on the boarding pass for privacy reasons.

15076501690_3096ecda72_z.jpg

I was able to go in and print ours.

Just a few observations.

The photo upload link was not working for us, I will try again in a day or so.

I noticed that we had to print one for each person and also the C&A status is not on the set sail pass. I guess with the roving check in folks there is no need for that information and the boarding group decides when you board so maybe there is no longer a priority waiting and boarding area.

Mary

Edited by Plut0

Ernie, I don't have an Arrival Appointment or Boarding Group on my new boarding pass. :confused:

Is that just for suites I wonder ?

I was able to choose an "arrival appointment" aka what time I wanted to check-in for my January cruise, and I am not in a suite. 10:30 - 11:00am!

It's one of the first things that pop up when you start the check-in prompts.

I was able to choose an "arrival appointment" aka what time I wanted to check-in for my January cruise, and I am not in a suite. 10:30 - 11:00am!

It's one of the first things that pop up when you start the check-in prompts.

Thanks for quick response.

How weird, I have been through mine 3 times now and no mention of arrival appointment :confused:

Ernie, I don't have an Arrival Appointment or Boarding Group on my new boarding pass. :confused:

Is that just for suites I wonder ?

Nope I'm not in a suite either. Strange. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps things are different for UK bookings or their site hasn't been updated yet? This being said I don't know why it would be any different? Another thing is maybe it depends on your past passenger status? I'm Diamond. Can't think of any other reasons off hand.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Liz,

I found the appointment time when I clicked edit on the online checking screen. The first screen had an area with options to take or upload a picture, then three screens later on the page where you enter how you are arriving and departing from the port, it had a list of point meant times to choose from. There was also a button to set others in the reservation to the same time.

When I finished, it said we had to reprint the sea pass since changes were made.

I hope that helps.

Mary

Nope I'm not in a suite either. Strange. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps things are different for UK bookings or their site hasn't been updated yet? This being said I don't know why it would be any different? Another thing is maybe it depends on your past passenger status? I'm Diamond. Can't think of any other reasons off hand.

I book with US TA and I am Diamond Plus.

I wonder if it is because I had already printed my set sail pass weeks ago so when I went in to upload my pic I was just Editing not actually doing Check In ?

Liz,

I found the appointment time when I clicked edit on the online checking screen. The first screen had an area with options to take or upload a picture, then three screens later on the page where you enter how you are arriving and departing from the port, it had a list of point meant times to choose from. There was also a button to set others in the reservation to the same time.

When I finished, it said we had to reprint the sea pass since changes were made.

I hope that helps.

Mary

Hi Mary, I think maybe because I had previously done my Check In that is why I am missing the, how you are arriving and departing bit now when I do Check In again.

Yes I did the check in before yesterday.

But I found the Arrival Appointment as PlutO said...

go to Step 1 of your Online check in and click on edit. Click through to the 4th page of information, about halfway down, there is a new section that wasn't there before.

note: You don't have to upload your photo to do this (all mine don't fit the requirements... they have backgrounds or our heads are tilted; and hubby always wears hats. So candids aren't going to work, we will have to take a photo of each other standing against a wall. How boring!

The earliest arrival for our cruise is 11:30 -12 so that's what I picked!

Edited by kmurph22

Hi Mary, I think maybe because I had previously done my Check In that is why I am missing the, how you are arriving and departing bit now when I do Check In again.

Liz,

I also had previously done mine and also had printed the old set sail pass. They may still be uploading parts of the new app as the first time I went in last night and the second time, I saw some differences. Perhaps try later this afternoon (evening your time).

The two areas where I had to fill things in had the words new in red next two them.

Edited by Plut0
Spelling

Yes I did the check in before yesterday.

But I found the Arrival Appointment as PlutO said...

go to Step 1 of your Online check in and click on edit. Click through to the 4th page of information, about halfway down, there is a new section that wasn't there before.

note: You don't have to upload your photo to do this (all mine don't fit the requirements... they have backgrounds or our heads are tilted; and hubby always wears hats. So candids aren't going to work, we will have to take a photo of each other standing against a wall. How boring!

The earliest arrival for our cruise is 11:30 -12 so that's what I picked!

We had a photo we could upload with all the right criteria, but last night the upload button was not working. Let me know if you are able to get a photo loaded.

Glad you found the appointment times.

I completed mine a few months ago and when I printed my set sail pass yesterday it did not include an arrival time. I just went back through and there were two new additions. On the first page they added the photos, and on the fourth page where you choose arrival and departure it now lists a series of arrival time options. You also have the option to apply these settings to anyone else in your party by checking a box next to their name below this.

What is your travel type listed as? Maybe it only shows for certain choices. If you have a bus you obviously can't really control the appointment time. Maybe this system, like DD and entertainment will have slots fill up and go away. If you choose something else do you get a classic drop down of estimated arrival times?

attachment.php?attachmentid=325383&stc=1&d=1410955793

211126617_ScreenShot2014-09-17at8_05_36AM.jpg.572a003677f17822578366ce3adafc6b.jpg

Ernie (Eroller) is on our sailing.

Did you do your Check In before they added the upload photo part yesterday ?

Liz, it shows up on my 11/23 sailing but not the 11/2 sailing. I had completed the online check-in already for both cruises so I'm pretty sure it's not currently available on the Maiden voyage. It shows me with a 10:30 check in time on the 23rd.

At some other ports you receive a time to arrive but can ignore it. With everything here set up already I wonder if they will start to enforce it. I would assume that they have a limited amount of slots available and I would think that the early ones will get taken early. The person who books late may only be left with a late boarding time.

I am on the 11/18 sailing and was able to complete my on-line check in yesterday with the arrival time options available. Ours are from 2:30 - 6:30. Got the 2:30 - 3:00 time, want to get every minute on the ship I can. Assuming we have later times due to the other short sailing before ours.

I too was wondering what happens if you book later, will all the early times fill up? Maybe if you show up during your allotted time you can just board, but if you show up early or late you need to do some type of manual check in? Will be very interesting to see how this all plays out.

I book with US TA and I am Diamond Plus.

I wonder if it is because I had already printed my set sail pass weeks ago so when I went in to upload my pic I was just Editing not actually doing Check In ?

Nope that is not it. I had also completed my online check-in and printed out my SeaPass. I went back in yesterday to change my credit card info and that is when I discovered all the new updates. We also know it's not because of your past pax status or where you booked. So to me that narrows it down to where you're accessing the RCI site from, the UK in your case. Perhaps they haven't updated the UK version yet?

I will have to go back later and see what's up with online check-in. Still being updated??!

I noticed there is nowhere to put flight information.

And I don't have the option to enter arrival times at port. I'm on November 2 sailing. Leaving from Southampton port... maybe that is why option is not there. maybe it's for Cape Liberty port only?

I was able to go in and print ours.

Just a few observations.

The photo upload link was not working for us, I will try again in a day or so.

I noticed that we had to print one for each person and also the C&A status is not on the set sail pass. I guess with the roving check in folks there is no need for that information and the boarding group decides when you board so maybe there is no longer a priority waiting and boarding area.

Mary

Glad to hear that I am not the only one that is unable to upload the photos.

On our last cruise, there was no waiting to board the ship. There was the priority security scan for suites but once you were through the line and did the counter check in, you went right on board the ship. Really nice!

It makes sense...the only thing open when we boarded was the bar! Windjammer was not open, staterooms were not available. The bar was crowded and also the table for the Beverage Packages had a line. If the passengers were seated in the terminal, there would have no revenue at that point in time.

And I don't have the option to enter arrival times at port. I'm on November 2 sailing. Leaving from Southampton port... maybe that is why option is not there. maybe it's for Cape Liberty port only?

Nope that is not it. I'm on the same sailing and I was able to pick a time. FYI I'm making all my own arrangements of getting to the ship, not using any RCI air or transfers so that may have something to do with it.