Extended Stay America 17th St. Fll

morfred

We booked a 1 night pre-cruise stay here for November. It is significantly cheaper that Hyatt Place, Embassy etc. but I am unfamiliar with the hotel. I was wondering if anyone has stayed there and if what it is like? I know that it is no frills but I need a CLEAN place. Is this for me?

"I know that it is no frills but I need a CLEAN place".

I should clarify. I am wondering if it is well maintained? I am sure that it is clean.

Edited by morfred

I've never stayed in one of the rooms but I know the hotel is a bit dated . . . but for a pre cruise stay, it's actually in a very good location and it's one of the higher rated Extended Stay hotels.

Extended Stay hotels can be very hit or miss. Orlando has like 10 of them . . . 5 of them are solid, 5 of them are garbage. It's usually a cheap option for cheap free breakfast, free parking and iffy free internet with a kitchenette/microwave and room for 5 or 6. Definitely "no frills" but they definitely do the job.

We have stayed here a few times for a one-night, pre-cruise. We like the location. When we arrived last December, it had been remodeled which was nice and the staff has always been friendly. No issues in our room with regard to cleanliness. Breakfast is weak but there's an Einstein Bagel within walking distance.

No rooms available for our upcoming cruise in December so trying the Holiday Inn Express which is next door.

We have stayed here also. The hotel is very clean...perhaps a little updating is warranted, but the staff is wonderful.

When we landed, we called the hotel and their own shuttle picked us up in 15 minutes. The bus driver is wonderful, I wish I could remember her name.

When we arrived at the hotel, it was only 10am and our rooms were not ready. They took all of our luggage, locked it up in this big room, took our cell phone numbers and said they would call us when our rooms were ready. We went for breakfast across the street and did a little shopping. (there are many, many stores, restaurants, bars, shops, etc) As promised, they called about 1:00 to say our rooms were ready.

When we checked in, we were asked if we were cruising the following day. We said yes. They wanted to know what time slot we would like for our shuttle to take us to the cruise port. Really? WONDERFUL...free ride.

Now, this part amazed us. When we got off the ship the following week, we saw the shuttle in the adjacent parking lot. Our flight was not until 8pm that evening, so we had a lot of time to kill. We asked her if she would give us a ride back into town, (near all of the shops and restaurants on 17th St.)..she said OF COURSE...HOP IN. Omg. Amazing staff.

No bells and whistles, but saved tons of money on taxis and the staff is soooo accommodating

Hope this helped.:o.

Thanks for all the help. It sounds like the perfect place for a pre-cruise hotel for us.

Does anyone know if there are any sit down breakfast spots nearby. I know about Panera and Einsteins but I'm looking for bacon and eggs, hash etc. Thanks

We have stayed here a few times for a one-night, pre-cruise. We like the location. When we arrived last December, it had been remodeled which was nice and the staff has always been friendly. No issues in our room with regard to cleanliness. Breakfast is weak but there's an Einstein Bagel within walking distance.

No rooms available for our upcoming cruise in December so trying the Holiday Inn Express which is next door.

No rooms for our Feb Cruise as well... it must not be that bad ;)

We have stayed there several times and always enjoyed it. It is not available for our next cruise. There is (was) a nice little restaurant in the strip mall next door that we went to for a nice breakfast.

It's weird.. if I put in 1 night Feb 7th it shows no availability.

But then if I put in multiple nights ie: Feb 6th-9th there is availability.

So in other words , if you want to stay for 1 night you are out of luck, if you want to stay for multiple nights you are good to go!

We have stayed there several times and always enjoyed it. It is not available for our next cruise. There is (was) a nice little restaurant in the strip mall next door that we went to for a nice breakfast.

Do you remember the name of the restaurant? Is the strip mall right next door, or is it the one where total wine is? Thanks for any info.:)

The restaurant is RIGHT next door, not down at Total Wine. Also, sometimes they "require" a 2 night stay, until it gets closer to the date. Suggest you call the hotel and ask. A lot of cruisers stay there, but it is really "aimed" at people staying more than one night. We have a reservation for 2 nights, and I plan to call them a month prior and ask if we can stay one night only. If not, we plan to stay at either Embassy Suites or Hyatt Place.

We've stayed there four times. The staff could not be nicer. The rooms were just fine, nice and clean. They don't have any breakfast other than packaged muffins and coffee. They do have free local shuttle to airport and the local cruise terminal. There's a Publix and complete food type shopping center a short walk on the same side of the main street. Try calling for reservations. They frequently show no vacancy on their web site for some reason.

The restaurant is RIGHT next door, not down at Total Wine. Also, sometimes they "require" a 2 night stay, until it gets closer to the date. Suggest you call the hotel and ask. A lot of cruisers stay there, but it is really "aimed" at people staying more than one night. We have a reservation for 2 nights, and I plan to call them a month prior and ask if we can stay one night only. If not, we plan to stay at either Embassy Suites or Hyatt Place.

When you're ready to make a reservation try using

www.lmtclub.com

Just go through the online signup process and they are usually offering free membership..We have gotten our best rates for Embassy Suites using this online site.