Parking at Ft. Lauderdale

JerseyGirl44

We drive to FLL from SE Georgia, arriving the day before the cruise and stay at a hotel offering free parking.

Parking at the port is very expensive.

Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

2081 Griffin Road,

Dania Beach, Florida 33312 USA

Phone: 1-954-981-2700 Fax: 1-954-981-9125

We usually park right at the port. It's close and secure. Several hotels offer parking packages while your cruising or there are other off site options. Try the Ft Lauderdale Departure thread. There's plenty of parking info listed there. Have a great cruise!

I wad asking about this on our Connie roll call and will try the Fla dep thread...but since it is now a toic here I'll give it a try

For the first time we will be driving to the port Ft Lauderdale, and plan to use the cruise port garage.

Does anyone know which berth Connie will be assigned to for a Sat departure and if that us a long walk to parking or is there a shuttle?

someone in a recent Infinity review said it was a long walk from their berth to parking,,,

I answered this for another Celebrity Cruiser yesterday (post has since been moved to the CC Florida Board)

Park & Go is definitely convenient... And if you book online in advance you will save money vs not prebooking / prepaying and just showing up.

https://www.bookparkngo.com/

Other than that...

There are some Hotels that also offer Cruisers Parking, as long as you stay with them the night before you cruise.

Cheers!

We tried Park N Go this summer and it was fine, about half the price of the port parking. The staff were very polite and helpful. The only thing is that we had to wait for a few minutes for a shuttle, because there was a line of other people waiting for it. We were in the first few groups off the ship and 3 shuttles filled up before we could get one.

I wad asking about this on our Connie roll call and will try the Fla dep thread...but since it is now a toic here I'll give it a try

For the first time we will be driving to the port Ft Lauderdale, and plan to use the cruise port garage.

Does anyone know which berth Connie will be assigned to for a Sat departure and if that us a long walk to parking or is there a shuttle?

someone in a recent Infinity review said it was a long walk from their berth to parking,,,

Hi HCAT,

We too are sailing on The Constellation soon, so I too have been looking for precise Schedule info on line (Ship - Date - Pier / Terminal). So far have not found any.

But, as I recall...

Terminal Info should be somewhere in your paperwork after you do your Online Check In

Constellation's Schedule varies a lot... With many short cruises, so it is not like she is in and out of Port Everglades weekly on a Saturday or Sunday (such as Silhouette on Sundays... Which will probably get Terminal 25 all season)

In past years, when we've been in Ft Lauderdale we have noticed that often The Constellation ends up in the Midport Area (ie Terminal 18, 19, thereabouts)

Midport Garage which serves ALL of the Terminals in that area (teens thru to high 20s) does run shuttles to the furthest away Terminals.

You might find this website on Port Everglades helpfully

http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/arriving-and-departing/

Cheers!

Ps... We are going to go with the Park n Go option this cruise which is a lot cheaper. With the prebook / prepay option we should save at least 50%

Edited by Sloop-JohnB
Edit to add PS

We use 123 Park and Stay.. Prices varyon the hotel, but parking is free

for 14 days with a hotel one night stay b4 or after the cruise. A note is be careful about ad showing free shuttle as it may not apply. We have been please with the Holiday Inn on Sheridian. NOt on the water or beach. But don't care as we live in Florida. We have found the accomodation very very.

I have frequently used Park N Fly near Ft. Lauderdale port. Go online to PNF.com. Select Port Everglades (not Ft. Lauderdale airport). You get a good rate plus good service. Very helpful staff, quick rides to ship and back to car. Lock your own car, no one moves it, unlike some discount parking lots. When you return, you call and they pick you up. They also have a frequent parkers card. Never had problem there.

Hi HCAT,

We too are sailing on The Constellation soon, so I too have been looking for precise Schedule info on line (Ship - Date - Pier / Terminal). So far have not found any.

But, as I recall...

Terminal Info should be somewhere in your paperwork after you do your Online Check In

Constellation's Schedule varies a lot... With many short cruises, so it is not like she is in and out of Port Everglades weekly on a Saturday or Sunday (such as Silhouette on Sundays... Which will probably get Terminal 25 all season)

In past years, when we've been in Ft Lauderdale we have noticed that often The Constellation ends up in the Midport Area (ie Terminal 18, 19, thereabouts)

Midport Garage which serves ALL of the Terminals in that area (teens thru to high 20s) does run shuttles to the furthest away Terminals.

You might find this website on Port Everglades helpfully

http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/arriving-and-departing/

Cheers!

Ps... We are going to go with the Park n Go option this cruise which is a lot cheaper. With the prebook / prepay option we should save at least 50%

Thanks for the info.....we'll start looking into this when we get

back from Reflection.

Thank you everyone who replied. Looks like Park n' Go gets the most votes. Just booked online, which saves quite a bit.

If you are Canadian, the menu only lists States. When you need to put in a State, use "Florida". Use the Zip Code: 33316. Then you can continue with your pre-paid reservation.

I got this info direct from Park n' Go today and it works.

Happy Sailing!

From what I have read on the Thread, if you use Park n' Go, they will shuttle you to the pier with your luggage and pick you up again. If you pre-pay on line, you save quite a bit. I don't know how far it is but I am assuming, not far. Besides, they have the shuttle.

From what I have read on the Thread, if you use Park n' Go, they will shuttle you to the pier with your luggage and pick you up again. If you pre-pay on line, you save quite a bit. I don't know how far it is but I am assuming, not far. Besides, they have the shuttle.

Park n' Go isn't directly at the pier though is it?

I just checked. It is about 2 miles from the port; approx. 6 mins. drive. Considering what I've read about them and have no personal experience with them, I booked online and pre-paid. Apparently, they are very friendly and helpful. They take your luggage out of your vehicle, put it in the shuttle and then take it to the curb at the pier. Since we've never done this before, I won't have an opinion of them until we get back!

I just checked. It is about 2 miles from the port; approx. 6 mins. drive. Considering what I've read about them and have no personal experience with them, I booked online and pre-paid. Apparently, they are very friendly and helpful. They take your luggage out of your vehicle, put it in the shuttle and then take it to the curb at the pier. Since we've never done this before, I won't have an opinion of them until we get back!

I'm thinking we'll probably do this as well. I don't want to park at the pier and have to schlep my luggage across a parking lot. :cool:

I'm a day late and a buncha dollars short. Apparently, to get the discounted rate at Park N Go (I think it was $7-8 per day), you must book several weeks in advance. The regular rate is $12 per day, which is almost as much as parking at the port.

So this leads to my question. At Port Canaveral, the port parking facility charges for the entire day you embark and the entire day you debark. For example, if you are on a three night cruise, you are charged for four days of parking. From what I can see on the Port Everglades website, it appears they do not follow that practice. They give hourly rates and a maximum of $15 per day. Can anyone definitively answer this: if I arrive at 11:00 on Monday and depart the garage by 10:00 on Saturday, will I be charged for five days or six days?